It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather in Africa: Droughts on the east coast, Hail down the middle, Floods on the West Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was checking out The RSOE Website and noticed these extreme events being played out in Central and North Africa.

A quick cap of events and the link below:

Gambia: Massive downpour, Flash Flooding
Nigeria: Flash Flooding
Uganda: Hailstorm
Kenya: Drought
Somalia: Drought
Ethiopia: Drought

RSOE EDIS

These have been so severe, particularly the drought, that thousands have been walking for days to find food and water.

Is this Mother Nature normally, or are these yet more evidence of things to come in the very near future?
edit on 11-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Is this Mother Nature normally, or are these yet more evidence of things to come in the very near future?

Wikipedia- 1930- Disasters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dust Bowl, or Dirty Thirties: a period of severe dust storms causing major ecological and agricultural damage to American and Canadian prairie lands from 1930 to 1936 (in some areas until 1940). Caused by extreme drought, coupled with decades of extensive farming without crop rotation, fallow fields, cover crops, or other techniques to prevent erosion, and heavy winds, it affected an estimated 100,000,000 acres (400,000 km2) of land (traveling as far east as New York and the Atlantic Ocean), caused mass migration (which was the inspiration for the Pulitzer Prize winning The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck), food shortages, multiple deaths and illness from sand inhalation (see History in Motion), and a severe reduction in the going wage rate

Mother Nature at its finest(or worst i suppose). Not the Fallacy many speak of as Anthropogenic Global Warming(Climate Change)

These things happened way before humans had the industrial Revolution and that's a fact.

edit on 11-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Not to mention unbearable coldness in Zimbabwe! (southern africa) Its been the coldest winter in 35 years! It sucks!

edit on 11-7-2011 by Brad-H because: blooper

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't know about coldest in 35 years, i recall jo'burg this cold about 15 years back, early 90's.

Nothing new ... although Zim has more problems than weather right now. Scratch that, AFRICA has more serious problems, like the governments they keep.

Libya is getting quite heated i hear, all those NATO bombs going off have got to be bad for the planet. And the amount of hot air being generated too is of concern.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I was also a bit skeptical about the 35 year thing, I read it in one of the local papers...decided to put it in, but wow it has been cold. I blame SA!!! Since we get most of our weather from there. Its all your fault!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

Yeah

I do enjoy watching the storms hit either the east or west coasts, and move their way up to us. Of course, they lose moisture and temperature as they go. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Asides, the worst of the cold is over for now i think, but i am expecting heavier than average rains again this year, so the people can moan about that

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, this thread didnt go so well

back to the drawing board.

new topics

top topics

join