It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am right again part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It is now proven that any crazy theory ,idea or thought is true,even if it is not.
"If you believe in something strongly and it's really important to you as a person [your worldview] you will cling to that no matter what," Ecker remarks.
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Pat on the back...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This really throws a spanner in the works here at the AT's.
The Nibiru crowd are right
The pole shift theory is fact and
9/11 was a hologram
This explains why everyone is right and no amount of slaps to the head will change this
The Yemen stargate will soon be operational.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was a conservative Christian who believed in the Bible, literal Biblical creation, etc.

Now I'm a liberal Pagan.

Granted, the process took years upon years, and it was extremely painful.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
one of the best articles I've read in a while - thank you!

I think we can all learn something from this (if we want to)

"Despite best efforts to correct misinformation it can't be completely eliminated," says Ecker.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
"In their latest set of experiments, which builds on previous research, the researchers manipulated the strength of both the provided misinformation and the later retraction.

Repetition was used to more strongly encode the misinformation. Cognitive loading, when attention is divided between two tasks, was used to weaken or dilute the messages.

"

Sounds like our governments entire method of communication lately.

If you read on further it talks about how this is mainly used, meaning it is already widely accepted in those fields, to instill propaganda and lies to the public through the main stream media. Isn't that funny how you quote the article and cite some crazy theories when it pretty much exposes that very method of misinfo/dinsinfo implantation to be intentionally misleading in order to influence recollection at a later date.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

How can we ever be sure of what is going on anymore.If an expert is suffering from his own delusion and cannot be swayed ,we are all being duped and then spreading misinfo unintentionally.Like i said, the Yemen stargate will soon be operational

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It seems to me that one can either accept the idea that people cannot be cleansed of thier bad programming, or work against the tide, and push it back to the shore. I choose to be open to critique, and to assimilate new information into my paradigm without over much hand wringing. Learning ones information is incorrect, must always produce an altered understanding of the world , or at least the part of the world which is related to the new input.

An example: When I was five, I surmised that heavy thunderstorms were the sound of God trying to play honkey tonk piano while drunk. I am now twenty six, and this error in my understanding has been corrected, because I now know that thunder is the sound of lightning, the sound of the displaced air around a bolt of electrical energy, slamming back to fill the gap left by burnt air.

When I was three, I thought it would be interesting to go to the moon on holiday, because it looked nice and cool there, rather than being searing hot, and therefore utterly unplesant. Of course I later became aware that although it might seem to have a nicer climate, it infact has no climate to speak of, and is slightly to hard to get to , to consider it a viable holiday destination.

Surely the very process of cognitive development of thought, throws something of a spanner in the works of the suggestion that all things that are posited are true?

top topics

join