It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the hell is with ATS putting an interview up of Obamas wife giving dating advice next to the t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Has anybody else seen this or is this just me? Is it there a reason for this? Its freaken strange and odd at the same time. Whats the point of this? Also a while back they had ads telling people to join the army and i thought wtf ATS i know you need to pay the bills but really? Does anyone else feel this site is starting to get fishy or is it just my over active mind here?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yes, things are fishy. we must assume all forum and social network sites are if not part of the TPTB are monitored by them.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The adds on the site that you see depends on your surfing habits. ATS does not choose the ads. Some kind of computer program calculates the ads they think will appeal to you based on the other sites you have been to recently, I think. So every member sees different ads.

I've never seen an army ad but I've seen lots of little sparkly cursor ads and build-your-own-virtual-doll type things... must be cause I'm a gurl.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblackirish7
yes, things are fishy. we must assume all forum and social network sites are if not part of the TPTB are monitored by them.

Monitored by them? You mean infiltrated by and shaping opinions that will be to their benefit, not yours.

If you don't want to see targeted ads just delete all your cookies. If you have stored passwords you will need to re-enter them after deleting cookies.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
The adds on the site that you see depends on your surfing habits. ATS does not choose the ads. Some kind of computer program calculates the ads they think will appeal to you based on the other sites you have been to recently, I think. So every member sees different ads.

I've never seen an army ad but I've seen lots of little sparkly cursor ads and build-your-own-virtual-doll type things... must be cause I'm a gurl.

Although im sure (i work in IT) that this is the way adverts are meant to be doneon these sites...
i feel the OP has every right to worry about these things, if i was some maniac PTB (would that be the singular)
i would def have monitoring on these sites... and push agenda the way that suits me.. an advert here... an off subject topic/post there anything to keep... or have a slight control grasp of what was happening.

for instance.. im at work, the cookies are flushed and we go through a very intrusive proxy....so there must be a standardisied none browsing related advert set that is pushed out?

but hey... that all only my opinion

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
... or is it just my over active mind here?

That would be my guess.
Do you like and agree with all the ads you see on TV, in magazines or on the roads? Sometimes we see things we don't like. It's not the end of the world, really. Neither is it an attempt to get you to love Michelle Obama. It's just an ad... ATS isn't trying to brainwash you.

top topics

join