It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these clouds normal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know there are forums for this but hope making a new thread will give the answers I want about these clouds I have been seeing a lot lately where I live especially the last few months. The clouds have looked like this a lot and not the normal white fluffy ones I'm used to seeing here. Does anyone know what they could mean or be or what can cause them to look like this? I have heard of Earthquake clouds and only a few occasions have I seen the "rainbow" look but not today. Also when they look like that the wavy lines always go from West to East and always that I have noticed and I spend a lot of time outside only look like that in the West to East not East to West and never in a North and South direction so from the pictures I have that is what your seeing. Any thoughts?

These are all about a half hour ago 12:19pm Oregon PST 7/10/2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1c85b9523b5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f850e900595.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbf3c631801c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ad674627835.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
looks like the sky is falling. you might wanna take cover.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes I believe so, upper atmosphere clouds where the wind is very strong, cirro-stratus clouds are what they are called I believe or just stratus clouds depending on the altitude, hard to tell for sure from the pic but it's normal.
edit on 10-7-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have been noticing these for while as well. Some will say chem-trails, some will say sylphs or elementals and most will say they are just clouds. I would say just clouds, but the last pic has me wondering. How often do clouds form nearly perfect rectangles? Odd.

Edit : Sorry, the cloud is not a rectangle but forms a rectangle cut out.

edit on 10-7-2011 by AOA2012 because: Peace and Love to All

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
These clouds are Cirrus Virga.

What's "Virga"?

Cirrus Flocus Virga

Beautiful example of Cirrus here
edit on 10-7-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Most of our clouds are fake. Most people dont even realize it. Its rare to see a real cloud now days. I have been watching the sky for a while. At first I started to see chemtrails and real clouds. Then I just started seeing chemtrails witch turn into line clouds and now they are starting to cloak their fake chemclouds by making them look real. You can tell they are not real because at the bottom of the clouds it looks like particles are falling. As for the clouds in your pictures, they are chemtrails witch are being blown apart by the wind. I know this because I have watched it happen. See a plane spray a trail and hr later they look like this.
edit on 10-7-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I thought it looked wind related too but was unsure, that and the fact I see these now more than the fluffy white ones don't make any sense to me so that is why I posted just seemed odd. So for now I will go with the "natural" explanation for it. As I was told before the only dumb question is one never asked.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yep, normal clouds.

They are indicative of up-drafts, just thing if you want to go hand-gliding.

I live on the east-coast of Australia and see cloud formations like this on a regular basis (weekly, at least).

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

And then I read your post and that to has been going through my mind as well since I only recently noticed the clouds like this and I see them a lot. I have looked in the sky for a long time and I see planes up there a lot more now though than ever. I have noticed on high air traffic days if there are no clouds in all directions about an hour later the sky will be full of clouds so are chemtrails possible yes and so is cloud seeding. Did they cause the ones I pictured maybe.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

I didn't notice the rectangle till you mentioned it but it kinda does look like one cut out.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for the pictures as examples. I was hoping I was seeing naturally occurring clouds and it seems that's the case here. Thanks to all for your inputs.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I think that 'virga' is a term more accurately used for lower clouds showing rainfall that evaporates before it hits the ground... Virga ...but, yes it is perfectly natural and lovely.

A more accurate term would be Cirrus Uncinus or 'mare's tails', cirrus with a sublimination of ice crystals.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cbc04718a37.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosheh24
I have heard of Earthquake clouds and only a few occasions have I seen the "rainbow" look but not today.

Oh, and P.S.—The spectral colors you've seen are neither truly rainbows (water droplet phenomenon) but are ice crystal refraction arcs and haloes, think of millions of prisms in the sky!

The display that preceded the Schezuan earthquake, and any other earthquake of note, was coincidence only. I've seen more than twenty 'circumhorizon arcs' in the last three years and photographed seventeen separate occasions...never a jiggle or blip on the earthquakes and this in mild earthquake country.

Circumhorizontal Arcs Explained

Once again, perfectly natural and normal...and quite beautiful!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96d66fab5f36.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da8f11752913.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7/10/2011 by czygyny because: spelling!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

That's hang gliding and no, they are not indicative of updrafts.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I can only express concern on views like this.
I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but seriously
this just laughable.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are right...you'd be up around 20,000 feet with your hang-glider (sic notwithstanding) and, brother, you'd be mighty cold!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Then I just started seeing chemtrails witch turn into line clouds and now they are starting to cloak their fake chemclouds by making them look real. You can tell they are not real because at the bottom of the clouds it looks like particles are falling

What do you mean they are "cloaking their fake chemclouds by making them look real?" How are they doing this? Particles are falling? What kind of particles? Have you been able to acquire samples of these particles?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

As Sabbathcrazy is now, is how I once was.

Then I quit believing the hysteria and hype when I actually did some research myself and found that while evil perpetrators *may* utilize the tendency for burnt hydrocarbons and water vapor to hold and spread out across the sky to sprinkle us with chemicals, the trails are normal and explainable and getting worse because there are so many commercial flights zinging overhead everyday and pollution just gets thicker and thicker because of it. They put the 'cart before the horse' so to speak.

And I am fairly sure that psyops has polluted the whole idea with sensationalism and misinformation to discredit and inflame and draw away the unwary.

With some patience and encouragement even this poster may come to a more level-headed and studied understanding of all things meteorological. They will look upon this one day and revel in its beauty and not shrink in dread:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b9772eab566.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I really need to stop clicking on cloud threads, I run into someone who astounds me with their stupidity every time. They seems to get consecutively stupider too.

May I ask from some evidence of this claim, show me a picture of a real cloud vs a fake one or prove that MOST clouds are fake, or any for that matter.... and don't even get me started on the motivation for making fake clouds.

When you can do this I will retract my above statement and make a public ats apology for my ignorance, but that won't happen.
edit on 10-7-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

As Sabbathcrazy is now, is how I once was. Then I quit believing the hysteria and hype when I actually did some research myself and found that while evil perpetrators *may* utilize the tendency for burnt hydrocarbons and water vapor to hold and spread out across the sky to sprinkle us with chemicals, the trails are normal and explainable and getting worse because there are so many commercial flights zinging overhead everyday and pollution just gets thicker and thicker because of it.

Same here, Czygyny. While I'm not completely convinced that chemtrails are a myth, I agree that the evidence available over the years suggests that much of what is being claimed by the chemtrails activists is based on assumption and over-exaggeration. I think there have been a lot of conclusions drawn that have been based on emotional reactions.

I am not a chemtrail debunker, but I would like to see some of the chemtrail believers take a moment to think the evidence through before jumping on the bandwagon so readily.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join