It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS New format

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I understand that like everyone this site needs to make money but to me it has started to look like it sold out. The last page i was one had two big adds at the top and adds along the side. Not including the fact that the recent post section has adds inbetween every 10 posts or so. Like i said i understand the need to make money but i really don't like the layout anymore. What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If you use Mozilla, get the add-ons Ghostery, Track-Me-Not and Better Privacy. And that should help you a little bit. Good Luck.

Those 3 take care of my ad problems.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, then. Use Mozilla Firefox + Ghostery.
"https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=ghostery&cat=all&x=20&y=10"
Ads can be a nuisance sometimes, especially the flashing ones.
Ah, already posted

edit on 10-7-2011 by trisvonbis because: Sorry, too late

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I never knew you could get add-ons for ads! Suddenly I feel compelled to start using Mozilla
Thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Haha.

You guys know it's against the rules to block adverts on ATS right?

*cough* ad-block plus *cough*
edit on 10-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
No, did not know that. Thanks for the warning.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
the recent post section has adds inbetween every 10 posts or so

I only see the ones between posts when I'm not logged in. It's supposed to be one of the benefits of being a member.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
With enough posts, many of the adds go away.

Seeing as you are new, I'm sure you haven't reached that posting level yet.

In defense of ATS, the owners spend considerable money keeping us informed and entertained, the fact that they pull in revenue to support the site and themselves through forcing you to see a few adds really shouldn't matter to anyone unless they are totally oblivious to the costs involved with running a website of this size.

The content is free for you to read. The site is free for you to join. The forums are free for you to share your creations within and even build yourself a little bit of a fan base based on your contributions...

In return you see a few adds.

If that seems like some unfair exchange, I suggest you use a less add filled website that makes you feel like its less "sold out".

I'll pick up the slack in your absence and watch double the adds, just to keep my favorite website alive.

Thanks.

MM
edit on 10-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Only place I see an ad is on the forums page and I rarely go there anyway, I forget there are any here mostly.

And yeah, ad blockers are against T & C's, so I'd be wary of pronouncing them being used here to the entire world.

You can make certain sites exempt from being blocked, if you didn't know.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If I remember correctly. I read somewhere on here that you can use the complaint form for overly agressive ads, and the staff will take a look at them.

new topics

top topics

join