It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poem About my Frustrations with Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Media
and its defecating
and hollow message
makes me deaf to the truth.
My ears bleed insanity
as the bombarding price of necessity
sings to my conscience.

Order now to leave for a better life,
or better, order your life to leave now.

The role models in my society
play tricks on my disillusioned eyes.
They love me until I can no longer
give them the paper they seek.

Constant perfection is searched for on my face.
Are my zits oozing out deformation,
or are they squirting out proof of humanity?
Look away at me when I don’t wear my make-up,
but when I do,
pretend to see me.

Popular demand, brought to you by
the same media who bought the people.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Kind of paints the proper picture of the media doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hmm interesting bit there about them.

Not really a poem but my train of thought regarding the MSM these days are these:

Slow to catch on to developing stories that we deem important, if they catch on to them at all - here's why.

Once the MSM begins covering a story, they look at viewer counts, etc, determine if they should continue coverage of said story based on 'public interest'.

And when the public loses interest, the MSM do as well. The Japan Nuclear situation for example, you think the MSM was directed to stop covering it? No. They stopped covering it because the American populace themselves lost interest in it, even when amounts of radiation coming from there had steadily increased as they ceased coverage.

Viewer count is the number one priority of the MSM (along with perhaps some network-owned agenda). As a result, actual fluidity in reporting of world/local events is sluggish at best.

But luckily, we have sites like this here at ATS where we are constantly watching and listening for new occurances around the world, and aren't focused on silly things like view count. We care about getting the real deal news, spreading knowledge, and we do so vert well thanks to a great member base.

Cheers, and take care for now

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Yeah, very interesting--and it makes complete sense! I feel like the media's system of prioritizing is weak at best. What I can't stand is that with something like TV, I rarely get surveys in te mail asking what I want to watch, so how do they pick the shows that comes on? I half-way wonder sometimes if people only like shows because the media told them it is a "smash new hit"... does the media really have objective data backing that up? TV is so horrible these days, and even with the small amounts of science or history they do show on TV are either biased or so extremely surface level material that it isn't even worth watching that! TV--ugh.

(interesting--I am talkng about what you said
Don't want to look like an ego mainiac
edit on 10-7-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: p.s.

new topics

top topics

join