It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans vs reptilians: movie in planning stage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
these guys are working on a (short) film about Mayans vs Reptilians

www.kickstarter.com...

"Pleiades is a short film, based on the Mayan civilization and their battle to survive a reptilian army invasion. For Centuries, historians and have not being able to understand what happened to one of the most important civilizations of all The Maya. “They simply vanished.” Now, prepare yourself to find out the truth about the biggest battle that ever took place on our planet. The battle for the survival of our species."

"The Mayan warrior will be real life but the Reptilian lieutenant will be made by computer animation."

they couldn't find even one reptilian willing to be in the movie?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I heard about this
I don't think it's going to be very good

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They cant find 1 reptillian to be in the movie
. Maybe the pay isnt good enough.
And I usually feel they left here MAYANS that is as the recent graduates...
edit on 7/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Mayans did not Vanish, in fact there are 7-8 Million living in Mexico and central America at this time. Makes for great movies and books, but absolutely fabricated.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We already have a Cowboys & Aliens coming out so why not a Mayans vs Reptilians (Iguana-Men). Wonder if both will be as silly as the trailers of the first.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think Nicholas Cage was already booked

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Mayans didn't disappear though. They are just called Mexicans now and some of them even speak the Mayan language. Talk about garbage.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

only six minutes, but it's there
edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: add content

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Love the user name. It's got that really cool sound to it when spoken.

As for the "flick", I can say that cleared up nothing. Was that just a clip from a larger film?

I expected really lousy CGI but this wasn't bad. I was expecting something along the lines of Seaquest 2032. Good show on a fledgling network back in 1993 but had totally awful FX. They could barely afford a ten year old to draw on film the graphics. So, this was better than that, mostly.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

As for the "flick", I can say that cleared up nothing. Was that just a clip from a larger film?

I expected really lousy CGI but this wasn't bad. I was expecting something along the lines of Seaquest 2032. Good show on a fledgling network back in 1993 but had totally awful FX. They could barely afford a ten year old to draw on film the graphics. So, this was better than that, mostly.

I'm guessing some people did this short in hopes of getting funding for a full-length movie.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

The Mayan's did describe Quetzalcoatl as the Plumed Serpent........

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Reptoids win again.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hang on . . .

Weren't the Pleiades where the disappointingly flat chested Nordic girls come from?

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

its better in Spanish.

El Celacanto

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Sorry but I must disagree. It's rather cool En Espanol, but I still like the original.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Yes.

I wondered about that title as well.

Reptilians are usually from Alpha Draconus.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

It worked for the likes of Iron Sky 1 & 2.

I would watch it, I'm sure many others would as well.

Then again the "V" remake failed so i could be wrong.

Hope not coz there is great sci-fi to be had in a lot of the stories.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Yes, getting facts like that wrong isn't a good start.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

I'm guessing some people did this short in hopes of getting funding for a full-length movie.

Yes, that's how it is done sometimes with many independent producers. It's what my small prod. co. does.

If you can submit a professional marketing package to the big dogs like Disney, including the treatment/concept, trailer/teaser, screenplay and a poster; you have a much better chance of selling the product rather than just marketing thru script festivals.

sethero.com...

Sent the guys at "Pleiades" a few $$$ to Kickstarter.

Financing and marketing a movie is the hard part. The actual process of shooting the film is a lot of fun or it's a cluster**** nightmare. Pay your money, take the ride.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I didn't like some storytelling aspects to the new V series like the chamber with the queens egg clutch.

That depiction was more insectoid in nature.

Reptiles don't breed with a Queen doing all the egg laying and being responsible for genetically supplying the needs of the entire caste system.

Its a minor detail but it irked me.

Plus the invasion scenario in the original was more true to life about how the society works. Rank and file tactics and infiltration...so onvand so forth.

Don't get me wrong I thought the broadcast of Bliss to keep the populace in a euphoric state and so focused and feel good endorphins was a brilliant tactic but it's just counterintuitive to everything I've come to know about Reptillian hierarchies and the realities of the Lizzidpeople.

Hybridization and new genetic experimentation of creating supersoldiers is an interesting thing to me but I kinda like old world depictions of traditional dynamics when it come to the Liz.
edit on 12/3/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join