It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What fossils would OUR civilization leave behind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

so do u think their will be another intelligent species to walk the earth? or are we it? if we can make it through

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
65mil years?

absolutely nothing.

65 thousand years, ya maybe some stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

it can't be absolute 0... there has to be soooomething

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would say human remains with intact tissue from bodies embalmed to "export" standard ( the standard I work to ) would still be found given the right circumstances.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

what do u mean "export" standard?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I mean an embalming standard I developed for long term cases to be exported to outer pacific Islands ( I specialize in "difficult" cases ).

The bodies are not refrigerated and sometimes take months to reach their destination via multiple ferry trips. Then the casket is reopened for family services.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

aaahhhh ic... that is interesting... so right condititons would be if the boat sank and sediment covered up the bodies? or do u think that it could be fossilized in the grave.. well i guess both would be possible... excuse my ignorance but what kind of conditions can u think of?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Normal grave and casket ( would not need to be hermetically sealed or zinc lined ) where the casket is sitting above the highline of water table.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

I'm asking this because in the end if only biological fossils remained after our own extinction after millions of years.... would future civilizations have the same view that they are the first intelligent species on this planet?

It depends on how many fossilised remains were discovered. There have been billions of humans and animals over time and yet fossils are kinda rare. They are created under very particular circumstances and it isn't like we can hit the dirt and find remains or fossils.

If a future civilisation *did* find our fossils, I think they would be able to tell that we were very advanced. How? Some of our fossils would contain titanium pins and pacemakers. Some might have jewellery in alloys that can only be created with specific levels of technology. They might notice bone grafts and metal plates in skulls. False teeth from exotic composites, braces and maybe prosthetic limbs?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

you do know how long 65mil yrs is right?

continents move a lot.

don't think anything will survive 65mil yrs.

evolution maybe, nothing made will.

as far as we know and then it's just conjecture.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

you do know how long 65mil yrs is right?
continents move a lot.
don't think anything will survive 65mil yrs.
evolution maybe, nothing made will.
as far as we know and then it's just conjecture.

Howdy Fook

Then how come we have fossils from those periods and far beyond? Fossils go back 3.4 billion years when the first life left a trace - about 7% of the present earth crust was made during that time, so in 3.4 billion years 93% of the crust was subducted and those fossils lost. Based on that rate about 2% of the present continental crust should be subducted and lost in the next 65 million years

so do u think their will be another intelligent species to walk the earth? or are we it? if we can make it through

It's possible, but improbably, but as of yet no evidence of this has been found
edit on 23/8/11 by Hanslune because: Added comment

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Of course anything can be destroyed through geological activity, asteroid crash etc..

But we were talking hypothetically if something was left intact. And there are some places on earth that are very stable like that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join