It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What fossils would OUR civilization leave behind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I want to know in 65 million years what fossil evidence would we leave behind? I'm asking this because in the end if only biological fossils remained after our own extinction after millions of years.... would future civilizations have the same view that they are the first intelligent species on this planet? and we would just be lost to the sands of time.... even if they were to find a fossilized human skeleton would they just classify us as an ancient great ape because all of our material goods have broken down after millions of years? and all they have to go on are our remains.....

so what fossils would we leave behind? and what would future intelligent species would be able to derive through their own "scientific methods" on us? I just think that if we wouldn't be able to leave more than a few bones ourselves, why is it impossible that we are not the first intelligent species on this planet?

I am leaning towards the ancient civilizations being on this planet many times..... i think that the purpose of life is to always evolve and that the end goal is an intelligent species that can withstand the testament of time.... are we just the first species that has a shot at surviving the doom and gloom? or have previous species made it off this rock before us and they are just watching us to see if we can evolve into our next phase if we can survive...

so I NEED to know.... what would our marvelous civilization leave behind after 65 million years? cause if all we leave behind are some bones and footprints.... isn't more logical to think that we are not the first to reach this point but one in many? and many have failed to survive....and i've seen the history channel's life after people.... but they don't really get into the fossil footprints that we would leave behind just everything is grown over and gone....

SO aTs what would you and I leave behind?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Lots of Pentium processor chips and memory sticks.

They will also be floating around in the void of space for ions.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Mainly our bones preserved in graves???

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Lots of Tax form's
and the odd KFC bucket.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11[/i
edit on 8-7-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

but how long would it take before our chips are completely "integrated" back into our environment? and our satellites would eventually all fall back to earth wouldn't they? ( in a 65 million year window)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

haha that's funny... could you imagine if a kfc bucket made it through and what it would make them think of us? haha

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
They will want to know who the god/goddess "M" was and why there where multiple temples to "M" in everytown.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

u said us right? i like your attitude.... i think we can make it..... when ever IT actually comes around

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11
reply to post by nerbot

but how long would it take before our chips are completely "integrated" back into our environment? and our satellites would eventually all fall back to earth wouldn't they? ( in a 65 million year window)

Not if the final blasts were big enough.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
none of our art or textbooks would make it. Maybe a rare well preserved cell phone imprint. Or steel I-Beam fossil... Who knows?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hopefully nothing, I don't want them to get any ideas from us, that would certainly lead to their own destruction.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

what do you mean final blast?
2nd

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrandpotato

imprint of a cell phone .... that is a good one.... since they are every where and people just throw em out when they're done

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
definatly a shed load of old tyres will be found in millions of years time .

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

maybe the tires will break down and form a new resource though... but tire tracks would probably be left imprinted some where

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

this might be a dumb question but what "M" are you referring to? haha

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
We would probably only leave behind the remains of large unnatural mountains of broken down land-fill rubbish, and a highly toxic and radioactive atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I always wondered what they would think of us when they find bodies with implants, surgeries, pins, and screws in the bones. What if they found a lady in a hotel suite with a towel on her head that she used to dry her hair? Would they think she was some sort of Queen? What will they make out of our foam and plastic to-go boxes that will not go anywhere with maybe a McDonald's hamburger fossil inside? There is a lot to throw out there, but you get the point. I think that we are getting to funky for ourselves and need to leave behind something that they could use to help them advance and not stay where WE are.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I imagine they will find the tonnes of rubbish we have already buried.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join