It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gullible mind that believe itself to be Rational/Critical/Logical thinking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There's type of thinking that really makes me pissed off: it believes itself to be Rational, Critical, and logical thinking. but in fact it not that chase, it's mental processing malfunction that makes people filters information based on it's source instead it's integrity and to make this even worse, it makes people only hears and believes whatever being told by "official" Sources and names like George Bush, Al Gore, James Randi, and so on and here what (exactly) being told:

Real:

1. Global Warming(anthropogenic ones)
  2. Islamic Terrorism
  3. Humans are evolves and around just to kill each other and/or causing Global Warming(without system that conspiracy theorists and the like call it 'the Matrix', but believes itself to be Democracy)
  4. things like Predator Drones, Renewable Energies, and Consumer Gadgets are the most high-tech things that mankind has ever developed

Fictional

1. Intelligent life other than our own
  2. secret Societies that isn't mafia
  3. supernatural/superhuman/extraordinary powers and abilities of human beings that isn't powered Exoskeleton
  4. all things outside those accepted by Mainstream Scientific establishments
  5. functional technologies that more advanced than Predator Drones, Renewable Energies, and Consumer Gadgets like Anti-gravity devices
  6. creatures like Cryptids
  7. Most Conspiracy Theories

this is very crippling, considering this type of thinking comes to play when making most people lives in the depressingly boring dreamworld that they believe it's real by exploiting ability of Human Brain to edit it's input to make it only accepts the existence of what being told and this is also affects our DNA: it disables more Superhuman/Extraordinary qualities, Features, and Capabilities from as simple as resistance to G-Forces to as complex as various 'Supernatural' abilities as well ability to sense the presence of Jinn beings like Aliens, UFOs, and o on

For further info: www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 8/7/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why can't there be more intelligent life then us ? That is where you lost me, there has to be something or somebody out there. Besides the missing tax payer's cash is doing more then just lining their pockets. They could have secret tech, you sound like a shill no offense sometimes you need common sense.

And you got it from natural news ? Why don't I just get my news from the Daily Mail ?

edit on 8-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Premise 1: If all things outside those accepted by Mainstream Scientific establishments were fictional, then science could explain everything as it is.

Premise 2: Science cannot everything as it is.

Conclusion: Therefore, all things outside those accepted by Mainstream Scientific establishments are not fictional.

Using logic, and very basic logic at that, I have shown you to be wrong. Who's got the gullible mind now?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Alexander_Supertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Your Thread was kind of hard to read ..
You forgot computers and cell phones .
For the rest of it ...thats why we have ATS
Welcome to the Jungle
We arnt sheeple here !

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

And you got it from natural news ? Why don't I just get my news from the Daily Mail ?

You don't realize it but you just kicked your own legs from underneath yourself.

Also, to the OP, don't be gullible. Some things are just there and others are works of fiction or realities that are thousands of years away from us.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Reading comprehension is also very basic logic.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Why can't there be more intelligent life then us ? That is where you lost me, there has to be something or somebody out there. Besides the missing tax payer's cash is doing more then just lining their pockets. They could have secret tech, you sound like a shill no offense sometimes you need common sense.

edit on 8-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

So many people all over the world has brainwashed by some kind of Mind Control and that mind control disable more extraordinary abilities of us not to mention it makes us can't sense the presence of Jinn Beings and we are also being told that technological development are keeps on eye at Remote controlled drones

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

actually

It is a little more complicated then that and if I knew exactly what you were saying, exactly what theories you find unbelieveable versus those that you accept I would be more likely to be able to then give you a star or a flag even though I put little faith in popularity contests

The bottom line is, you seem to be saying "why cant you, cant you trip like I do?"

and I agree, why cant everyone, everyone trip like I do....?

I have the ability to suspend my disbelief when I feel it may be neccessary yet sadly it seems that most of my ilk do not share this ability and are completely incapable of simply pondering material, thoughts, theories of subjects that they do not like, are bias against, have preconceived notions thereof etc etc...

So, can you, can you trip like I do?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy (Hamlet: Act 1, scene V). That's all I have to say, referring to Aliens and other unexplainable things

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
Your Thread was kind of hard to read ..
You forgot computers and cell phones .
For the rest of it ...thats why we have ATS
Welcome to the Jungle
We arnt sheeple here !

I respectfully disagree

Just because you are here does not signify to me that you are not still a sheep.
You could simply be a sheep who has gotten lost and will soon be returned to the fold once the shepard realizes the head count does not jive...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

English grammar is a known fact..

Try leaning how to use it properly before basically calling many people fools.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Also! the Mainstream Academia is also used to delivers Outdated Technologies: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Heartisblack

You don't realize it but you just kicked your own legs from underneath yourself.

Also, to the OP, don't be gullible. Some things are just there and others are works of fiction or realities that are thousands of years away from us.

No I didn't I was being sarcastic, both papers have no common sense to the outside world besides over-sensationalism.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I would be much more inclined to comprehend the OP's post if he wrote in complete and coherent sentences. Have I misunderstood him? And if so, I admire your ability to decode his garble.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy (Hamlet: Act 1, scene V). That's all I have to say, referring to Aliens and other unexplainable things

Ooh Ooh!! mr kotter!!!

My favorite quote from hamlet would be "trust none of us"...

My favorite quote of all time that goes along with your quote selection from Hamlet would be a quote from Socrates....
"I know that I know nothing" and I will add that I know this with great certainty....

Of course I think I actually do "know" some things, especially things concerning this realm/world yet what socrates was talking about more specifically was the vast amount that mankind does not know and also the fact that all this could be an illusion, a construct in a matrix.....and that leads me right into another quote from Theosophy/Blavatsky....

"What mankind knows can in no way compare to that which mankind knows not" author uncertain

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I agree totally. There is so much going on that we remain almost totally unaware of and most of it cannot be easily 'proved' using conventional means. Even for the people with first hand experience are often left wondering whether they aren't just imagining it all ie: "am i nuts or did that really just happen".
The issues raised by the probable existence of mental illness make it even harder to discern any kind of solid truth among it all.
So in my humble opinion the best 'proof' that can be found would have to be mainstream societies insistance that it is all hokum.
If millions of people around th world can so easily believe the tennants of religion then why are other, more believable things like other dimensions, aliens and cryptids so easily ignored, scoffed at even?
The difference between religion and 'fringe' is how easily it can be utilized to maintain social cohesion and control.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

English grammar is a known fact..

Try leaning how to use it properly before basically calling many people fools.

Language is fluid, in flux and thus always changing... thats a FACT...

Your mind lives but a short lifespan relatively speaking yet if it could live say 1000 years you would easily understand what I am talking about and would put less into the currently accepted forms of grammar and more into wether or not people are getting the meanings, the message, understanding and comprehending the words (SYMBOLS) regardless of their placement, punctuation etc etc....

Sadly and completely against my own argument is the fact that I too cannot understand exactly what the OP meant to say...

I do not think english is their first language or grammar was not their strong point in school...whatever, doesnt matter to me as long as I can comprehend the "gist"...

I find poor grammar a slight distraction yet I loath grammar Natsies

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Thats the problem with comprehension, not always so easy. If asked I would be inclined to suggest that the OP was trying to champion the 'Matrix/1983' theory on things, you know, dont trust everything your told, goverments have vested intrests in maintaining the status quo in certain areas, e.t.c

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was born at night ,,Just not last night.
I am not a sheep nor asleep
How do you know I am not a sheep dog ?
I am wondering why the fuss ? Bait another hook and go fish .Thats what im going to do !

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I find poor grammar a slight distraction yet I loath grammar Natsies

Usually I do to but what I loathe more is people that basically call everyone else stupid simply because they don't share their view..

I just used their poor grammar to highlight the point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join