It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa: A new future/ Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hello,

What fallows is N.A.S.A’s new plan for the future, they promise to take man,” Farther into deep space than ever before”. When President Obama, cancelled The Constellation program many thought that N.A.S.A was done for. Like most of you I thought that our President was taking kick-backs from the Private sector, while I still think that is just what he did. It would appear that all is not lost.

Some of you may not know what The Constellation program is/was so here is the link for your clicking pleasure.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now it would seem that N.A.S.A is setting its sights on deep space, with missions to Mars as well as an asteroid. Although it would seem most of the Constellation program was scrapped, Parts and whole pieces were tacked on to the new rocket system. This is the new program dated January 2011.

www.nasa.gov...

In the mean time, N.A.S.A is dolling out money to Sierra Nevada a Louisville, Colo., firm in the form of 80 million. This is for their winning of the “Space Taxi” competition. Basically getting the ball rolling so The United States doesn’t have to rely on foreign powers to ferry American astronauts back and forth to the I.S.S.

www.nasa.gov...

The new design for the Multi-purpose crew vehicle seems like a hold over from the constellation program. Saving Tax payer money from when our President tried to put a lot of Americans out of work. N.A.S.A put them back to work, basically doing the same thing. Right now its on its way back to Kennedy Space center, after a few stops on a tour. Before going thru final testing and refit.

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

So we have some questions to ask, What is the new time table maybe one of you can find that out? I looked all over the N.A.S.A site but couldn’t find any launch tables. Just testing tables and so forth for milestones and what not. As this will be done in our life time I can’t wait to see what new technology comes out. In terms of colony’s, out posts and so forth. Will N.A.S.A test this new model on the Moon? It would make sense to me because if you are going to have to do a rescue mission due to a failure, I’d rather do it closer to Earth as opposed to not being able to recover them alive. Lets face it If they have a failure even half way to Mars it would not be a rescue mission it would be a body recovery mission.

edit on 7-7-2011 by Reaper2137 because: Fix Pictures

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting stuff, this remind me of Halo Legends (a film, I recommend you watch it for you to understand why it reminds me of it.) One day, I hope we will go so far we will find another race and realise just how small we are instead of acting like we are the most superior race ever, good work, star for you!
I look forward to researching more on this and looking for new advances!

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Thank you, I was really mad when Obama canned the program. It looks like nasa gave him the finger and brought the same rocket back online under a different name lol..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

It's sad we're paying more money to blow up countries than we are exploring the great expanse of space.

I wish we had more funding and interest in going to another planet, it seems only fitting to attempt something like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

It's all in the money, if we gave N.A.S.A the money we used on the wars in the last decade than we would have been there and back at least twice if not more.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

Thank you, I was really mad when Obama canned the program. It looks like nasa gave him the finger and brought the same rocket back online under a different name lol..

You mean the anti-matter one? Or have I mis-read/overlooked something? :L

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I don't think so, They are using the constellation program under a different name. So the crew module and the heavy lift rocket are the same.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Ah I see, I was confused for a second then, thanks!
I hope they achieve the anti-matter engines soon! We could sure use them around now!

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Between N.A.S.A and the U.S Navy I don't think we are that far off. The Air-force it seems has a new space toy as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Awesome-saws, like a boss. It's time to get off this rock before we crack it! XD

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I would same more or less the same thing.... but only time will tell!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Wonderful, maybe they will stop playing "Slow Poke" now.

We have known for decades.

Once they realize their Best Customer is The Public People of The United States of America,

and to further extent, The People of The World at Large, only then will nasa be NASA.

Give us info, give us product, give us challenges, and we will all live a more fulfilling life together.

Roger, Roger,,,What's your Vector Victor?

edit on 7-7-2011 by Wildmanimal because: edit

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I would think that the American people are for it, N.A.S.A has to fight congress and the president for funding. Like I said a little bit ago , if we spent the money we did on the Wars than we would already have the tech. Gone to the moon and been to Mars...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I agree, I know we are 50-100 years ahead of our time, but we should be a bit further down the line (cheeky I know xD) because we are in control of our own evolution now considering in the past 100,000 years we have come so far.

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yes, As you can tell medical break thrus happen all the time..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here's my overly simplified understanding of the current political climate regarding the funding of NASA:
-The President wants to focus on commercial spacefight (SpaceX, SpaceDev, etc) and keep the budget the same.
-The Senate want a heavy lift launch vehicle to keep the old space shuttle workers empoyed (The Space Launch System, aka Senate Launch System)
-The House wants to cut NASA funding.

After some compromises, NASA is going to have a budget that focuses on both commercial spaceflight and the new launch vehicle, but doesn't give either of them enough money to achieve anything useful. At the same time the overall cuts are going starve the funding for unmanned space flight, causing trouble for spacecraft like the JWST, the ExoMars rover collaboration with ESA and other such missions.

Then after some future elections, a new president/house/senate, this whole process is going to start again, politicians will force changes on NASA goals, budgets are going to be cut, missions cancelled and everyone wonders why NASA can't seem to get anything done.

Yay politics
edit on 7-7-2011 by MacAnkka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MacAnkka

I have to agree with this analysis.

There is simply not enough money in the budget to fund SLS, Orion, multiple commercial launch systems and spacecrafts and actual mission payloads on top of it. Something will have to go, or we will have Constellation 2.0 all over again, and nothing will get done.

I believe it would be ideal to get rid of the SLS and use commercial launchers only. We do not need such behemoth to have meaningful exploration, nor can we afford it. 50 tons is enough for everyone.

Whether we need the Orion is another question. What can Orion do that Dragon capsule with service or Bigelow modules cannot do?
edit on 7/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I agree with the previous 2 posts.

I would suggest that developing heavy launch capacity is a good idea but it should also be in the private sector.

Getting NASA to develop another large chemical rocket is stupid and pure politics.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think that space travel simply has to come from the private sector at this point. For NASA, it's simply easier and more cost effective to explore space with robots and drones than to use living beings. Robots don't need to bring along food, water, air, or even a way back!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe NASA's failure is that they didn't put a Constellation of weapons around the planet able to hold the world hostage to keep itself going.

Epic failure. What a waste.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join