It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because I Think You Need It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is the Because I Think You Need It thread. I'm hoping that if you think we need it, you'll tell us why. Occasionally, we all come across little gems -- sometimes forgotten, other times just discovered -- and they touch us in some manner. It doesn't have to explain your whole personnae in a song. Sometimes, music just makes us want to share it.

Post if you think we need it.

Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO). This is such a basic song, and yet so orchestrated -- every little nuance is almost perfectly placed; even the harmonies are precise, and yet flowing. Good feelgood song, Some of the fairly early influences in rock used ochestration -- Yes, Kansas, ELO, ELP, Pink Floyd, Richie Blackmore, Moody Blues, Uriah Heep, -- to name a few. ELO took orchestration to a more mainstream acceptance --- my opinion. This tune seems almost timeless. I think you need it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Now you made my day. I was listening to this on repeat on iTunes
MY FAVORITE ELO SONG!!!

Sadly, this is not my overall favorite band. I like the Who and Pink FLoyd better ( though my generation does not enjoy these things, in fact they listen to Justin Beiber...)

As for a little gem, I have them all the time, but too little to tell. Maybe another time (The song is one of these gems
)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I definitely needed that... thanks argentus

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CommunistCapitalist

I like the Who, and Pink Floyd and Kansas.......... and ......and ...... better too! Still, I think this song has merit. It's a surprisingly difficult lead break to play on the guitar -- at least for me.

ETA: "lead bread???" I must've been hanging out on the homesteading sites too long.
edit on 6/7/11 by argentus because: change 'bread' to 'break'

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
much needed thanks(:

try on some enya, a beautiful gaelic singer. this song is in mostly english as far as i know, and like all of her work, very moving!

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think you need it

If you need a friend - don't look to a stranger - you know in the end - I'll always be there
and when you're in doubt - and when you're in danger - take a look all around - I'll be there

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say
I know they don't sound the way I plan them to be
but if you wait around a while I'll make you fall for me
I promise.. I promise you I will

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ok.
This one is for those who need something to relax.
I bought the CD last night. MY wife is fairly ill, and has trouble sleeping often.
This song is by my favorite band, but is a bit of departure from their progressive metal/Floydian/Rush sound.

IT bring tears to the eyes of some. Others, not so much,
A song written about the setting sun ( I think).

relax, you need to.

PS, my wife fell into a peaceful sleep..she needed it.

edit on 7-7-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I was a late bloomer, when it came to ELO.
They had been around a long time. I listened.. eventually I appreciated it, and love them to this day

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

pretty sure you need this

see what I mean?

:-)

S&F...argentus - promise not to take back my flag

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes ,i feel peace, thanks for this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A classic obviously

Drive My Car - The Beatles

Colours - Donovan

Jesus Was A Crossmaker - The Hollies

I could listen to this song every day - actually, most days I do. Not any kind of Jesus freak here, but this song really puts me in a good mood

Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine

This one might be a little overplayed, and it's not really my kind of music, but I love it.

And one more

Ize Of The World - The Strokes

Ok That's it for now, haha. I could do this all day!

Great thread!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
None of the songs posted are songs that I would normally listen to, but they were all good none the less.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Because i think you all need the soothing vocals of leona lewis

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You NEED this...you all NEED this. If you were unlucky enough to exist all these years without this, you have been dreadfully wronged by horrible circumstance. I shall fix that for you. now.

Why you need this: Because without it the fabric of your life will tear with a terrible lacking.

Don't thank me...just grow as a being and sway.

A Globe of Frogs

The Veins of the Queen

Flesh number one

The shapes between us turn into animals

Sleeping with your Devil Mask

All songs by "Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians".

MM

edit on 9-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I agree with one of the posters on the youtube -- I always thought Arvo Pärt's works to be somewhat dull, however inspiring they might be. Now I find Spiegel Im Spiegel and set to the foredrop of San Francisco before and after the earthquake of 1906.

All those people.... gone, now, but hopefully had lived full and engaging lives..... scurring about on Market Street, first in the glow of a bright new city and all the wonders of then-modern times...... fashion, automobiles side-by-side with horses and carriages. So many opportunities before them....

And then........ the earthquake......... but people are not standing around shell-shocked....... they are moving forward, picking up the pieces. I think it's so amazing this piece of film has survived and I think the music is perfectly places for this wee little ride in the way-way-back machine.

This music is often set with views of nature and other joyous scenes. It seems to me to be the most melancholy music I can recall. It doesn't feel happy, but perhaps there is an undercurrent of hope in there somewhere.
edit on 19/11/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join