It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Cold Fusion Is Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This was a nice article on Cold Fusion in Wired Magazine. It covers current events, as well as the history of Cold Fusion starting with Pons and Fleischmann.

The more you hear about this, it does almost sound like there is something to it. More and more experiments report an "anomolous heat" I also found it interesting that in the MIT experiments that "debunked" P&F, the data was tweaked to hide an anomolous heat.

Cold Fusion sure sounds nice:

If low-temperature fusion does exist and can be perfected, power generation could be decentralized. Each home could heat itself and produce its own electricity, probably using a form of water as fuel. Even automobiles might be cold fusion powered. Massive generators and ugly power lines could be eliminated, along with imported oil and our contribution to the greenhouse effect. Moreover, according to some experimental data, low-temperature fusion doesn't create significant hazardous radiation or radioactive waste.

And, some rather noteworthy folks are starting to buy into it:

Yet some highly qualified researchers disagree.

George Miley, who received the Edward Teller medal for innovative research in hot fusion and has edited Fusion Technology magazine for the American Nuclear Society for more than 15 years: "There's very strong evidence that low-energy nuclear reactions do occur. Numerous experiments have shown definitive results - as do my own."

John Bockris, formerly a distinguished professor in physical chemistry at Texas A&M University and a cofounder of the International Society for Electrochemistry: "Nuclear reactions can occur without high temperatures. Low-energy nuclear transformations can - and do - exist."

Michael McKubre, director of the Energy Research Center at SRI International: "I am absolutely certain there is unexplained heat, and the most likely explanation is that its origin is nuclear."

Arthur C. Clarke, science fiction writer, futurist, and funder of Infinite Energy magazine: "It seems very promising to me that nuclear reactions may occur at room temperatures. I'm quite convinced there's something in this."

We'll have to see how it all pans out in the end. It is rather hard to believe Cold Fusion is possible from what we know. But, if it is possible, it will change a lot of things in the world.

What if Cold Fusion Is Real

edit on 6-7-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There are even NASA types that believe LENR (Low energy Nuclear Reactions) are the best hope for an energy breakthrough.

nasa chief says LENR is potential breakthrough technology

Personally I think LENR will prove itself and there will be some people eating crow.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Low Energy Nuclear Reactions/ Chemically Assisted Nuclear Reactions are real. The problem is how to develop and engineer the technology so that it can be applied. Rossi's ECat will lead the way. Here is an interesting piece out of MIT.
www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
From my point of view there is no question cold fusion is real. I believe it may have been discovered during WWII in crude form by a scienetist called viktor Schauberger who also discovered antigravity. See the Repusline.

Call me crazy, but from what I have discovered researching this I feel that Bob Lazar came on the scene as a way of misdirecting people when Pons and Fleischmann discovered cold fusion. Lazar came out later the same year.

I also believe that our government has been either preparing for or preparing to prevent cold fusion and antigrav tech from being released for 60 years.

I haven't read the posted article yet but if you realize the implications of this tech there is no way the paranoid government would let it be released because of the dangers it would pose. And the financial impact will be just as big if not bigger. It would totally change our way of life... and that scares people.

Look at this quote by Hal Puthoff.. who is a disinfo agent along with Bob Lazar IMO.

Hal Puthoff -

"A difficult question," Puthoff admitted. "Obviously during the Cold War one could argue that advanced forms of technological development perhaps should stay with the military. These days it is not so clear-cut. There are additional factors such as potential destabilization of economies by leapfrogging technologies in energy and transportation. In these days of increased terrorism, rogue states, etc., how it should be handled requires a lot of consideration. Anarchy we don't want, but neither do we want a police state. Tough decisions."

Just look at his name... "Hal Puthoff" - PUT OFF

You can't make this stuff uo...
edit on 6-7-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Cold fusion is real

Blacklight Power www.blacklightpower.com...

Rossi Cold Fusion pesn.com...

These are the two main ones currently entering the commerce stage of development. There is a lot of other systems out there.
edit on 6-7-2011 by kwakakev because: fixed link

new topics

top topics

join