It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Violent Video Games Preparing Kids For The Apocalypse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Love it..very very cool, i never get bored of watching this....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

why would kids need " prepareing " ?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by cerebralassassins

why would kids need " prepareing " ?

although the site is geared to satire, it does make you think about it right. You know how it goes, smile, laugh about it all and 50 years down the track, your grandchild is actually telling you how to build a trap to capture humans for food.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
whilst I believe many video games are WAY too violent for younger kids, they aren't preparing them for the apocalypse!

I have an 8 year old son who is always saying that he plays on many of the 18 rated games when over at his friends houses..personally I think many parents just aren't aware of how violent these games are. Many games bare more resemblance to Hollywood films these days...I wouldnt let my son watch Saw or Natural Born Killers, why should they be playing the games?

Too much, too young imo...kids should be allowed to be kids.

stu

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Kids shouldn't even be playing these games actually so no.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
You all thought video games are bad..hmm...lets a have look

pick and choose what is more devastating....
edit on 6-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's more like "programming" than "preparing"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA man that interview was funny. They made it seem as if they wear serious but they really are not. These games and movies are predictive programing. Its not to teach them how to survive, its to prepare them so that when the time does come they will be used to seeing blood. WW3 is on its way, what better way to help with trama then to experience a simulation first. With all this conspiracy dooms day stuff flying around, this type of media sells.
edit on 6-7-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
y'all realize it was the onion right?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

The game developers don't develop the games for younger kids though, otherwise they would be PG or 3+. The games that are violent or contain adult material are specifically stated as either 16+ or 18+.

It's not the game developers fault and it's certainly not their problem if a kid plays Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto or any other violent game, it is down to the parent

top topics

join