It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aging Cured?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
UPDATE: Thread already exists here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is what Reuters reports: Who wants to live forever?

Although life expectancy has been increasing, I doubt that a cure to aging will ever be made available to the public.
Even though it might be theoretically possible, I see a few issues with it becoming available for the public.

First of all, it is going to be too expensive for people just to afford. Even though the cost might not be too high, there is going to be a huge demand (of course) for it. Being expensive means it will be available only to people who can afford it, or maybe only to those with a lot of "influence". Lastly, we do not know what side effects this might have, both long term and short term. What effects could it have on the economy? Retirement age could increase, etc... There are a lot of effects this could have on society, but what's for sure it's that it won't be available anytime soon, and once it is, it will not be as effective.
edit on 6-7-2011 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

live longer pay more taxes, i could see this happening.

pretty cool when we can live a very long time, but i probably wont take the offer. the future is either gonna be really good or really bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

honestly i think age-prevention is possible,big pharma justs needs to find the proper formula if they havent already..Sad thing is your probably right about the cost,even though it'll only cost them a few cents to make a dose of the formula,itll get mega taxed like every other medecine..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Now that you mention it, they probably already have a formula which could be available only to certain people.
Also as the person just above mentioned, it could mean more taxes, which is good..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yes indeed more taxes, but then we'd probably have more pollution.

top topics

join