It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there will definitely be another financial crisis: The next, worse financial crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The last financial crisis isn’t over, but we might as well start getting ready for the next one.

Sorry to be gloomy, but there it is.

Why? Here are 10 reasons.

1. We are learning the wrong lessons from the last one.
2. No one has been punished.
3. The incentives remain crooked.
4. The referees are corrupt.
5. Stocks are skyrocketing again.
6. The derivatives time bomb is bigger than ever — and ticking away.
7. The ancient regime is in the saddle.
8. Ben Bernanke doesn’t understand his job.
9. We are levering up like crazy.
10. The real economy remains in the tank.

Why there will definitely be another financial crisis

Could be the Ten Commandments on how to engineer a financial crisis.
Not a matter of if, but when. And that's not because of a growing chorus of calls to gloom and doom. Some of the data from around the world, while some still postivie no doubt, a lot of it is heading south.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

When you are not making at least 200k a year in this world everyday is a financial crisis. In the past few months food prices have increased, fuel prices, service fees, man you name it the price of it has gone up.

Bankers are dirty greedy money suckers that only know how to take wealth and turn it into "money" and give nothing back but little white slips of paper.

Can't wait till it all comes crashing down myself, people need to work because they need to eat and sleep under a roof, well I got the roof and the guns to protect it. Either from the bankers or the thugs, both are mutually exclusive anyway. I also got the garden and animals to provide the food.

The bankers pen may be mightier than the sword of the soldier, but not the .300 Winchester Magnum of the pissed of home owner with a family. Haha

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The economists for the Obama administration, just 2 weeks ago stated that their original projections of stimulated job growth and economic growth were incorrect. They went on to say that they now project the state of the economy to drop drastically by the end of the summer. Will it happen, nobody knows.....but we are screwed regardless.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
There will be another financial crisis, but it will be called a "sputtering recovery" or something like that. Numbers will be fudged and an obscenely low unemployment rate will be declared. If you lose your job or complain, like all good victims undergoing Stockholm Syndrome programming you will be taught by society that it's your fault . All of society's extremely powerful pursuasive mecahnisms, from Madison Ave to Hollywood, are united in this effort. Because as long as the victims are hating and blaming themselves, they aren't blamng the real culprits. Meanwhile, tax insanity and general creeping lack of rule of law, combined with Bernanke & Friend's orchestrated Dollar Suicide Plan™, is driving many who would actually be in a position to hire to seek solutions abroad, more for survival than "exploitation." Crack open a business mag like Fortune or Forbes and its all about "global markets," relentless, relentless.

edit on 7/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Can we decide this time we don't want to play?

Does anyone have the phone number we can use to call in sick?

Round 2 is going to be far worse than round 1, the people that just held on are going to fall off the edge and we are going to most likely see a few riots. So glad I moved out of the city.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The only solution I see is complete economic collapse and WWIII. That is the only way we can fix this mess that the wall streeters and the politicians (who don't even know what side they are on anymore) created in the first place.

Many people talk about a revolution, but can that REALLY happen in America? We've seen it done in Egypt, and its being worked on in Libya. But I think for us, it may be too late. Perhaps, the Mayans were right after all, 2012 is looking to be a really crappy year, if recent history has anything to say about it. We certainly are heading towards another economic crisis which will be far more worse than the first one!
edit on 9-7-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

We're pitted against each other when we should be destroying the market makers - high stake thieves.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I don't feel the guilt normally associated with losing one's job sinking in this go around... The game is impossible to miss even to the layman.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Yep, I have no evidence to support my comments but do wonder if the powerful rich lobbying groups successfully utilise media resources, or otherwise themselves having vested interests in media ownership, engineer the fighting among plebes. For example, one among probably quite a lot, running a lot of stories about people bludging on unemployment benefits and presenting an image that everyone who is on welfare are just lazy. Maybe not the best example, but when do we ever see a current affairs program investigating the 'rich' on tax evasion? Very seldom if ever.

Reminds me of a story called the ape experiment...

Start with a cage containing five apes.

In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, an ape will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the apes with cold water.

After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result - all the apes are sprayed with cold water. This continues through several more attempts. Pretty soon, when another ape tries to climb the stairs, the rest will try to stop him.

Now, turn off the cold water. Remove one ape from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the other apes attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

Again, replace a third original ape with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.

After replacing the fourth and fifth original apes, all the apes which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced. Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the stairs. Why not?

Because that's the way it's always been around here.

Sound familiar?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It makes me sick to see how both parties do not understand that WE ARE BROKE!!!! WE HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!

But yet democrats want to keep spending, spending, spending, and Republicans want to slash, slash, slash. This isn't going to work because the rich control 95% of the money! If every billionaire in the world would actually give up some of their money to pay off our debts instead of putting the money in their own tax exempt foundations and charities, then, we could easily solve the financial crisis. Wall Streeters also have to stop being paid Hundreds of Millions of dollars for keeping things the same. Oh yea and the church could help with its Trillions of dollars of untouched money sitting in the swiss banks of the Vatican. We could also stop trying to police the world with our pointless wars and worry about our own failing country for a change. A little oil from the Middle East won't change much.

I am not taking anybody's side here, this is just common sense and its about time somebody used it.
edit on 9-7-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: added wars to the solution.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The USA is spending $3bn a week on defence/attacking anyone the puppet masters want brought down so why are people not screaming in the streets about this exspence.

No one is attacking the USA and do spare me the 9/11 story so is it not time to demand some answers from the puppets in Washington.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
crash the economy.

Crash the economy again but this time even worse..

UNSUSTAINABLE

Cant fix a credit crisis by throwing credit at it!?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Your right, but nobody in the political sphere is talking about this. They are trying to find a way to do everything that has always been done, keeping it the same and just spreading money around. In the meantime, cutting our most necessary programs like science and education while people abuse the welfare system and illegals can easily step across the Mexican border

Then you have the soldiers saying I risked my life, I spent years in a s--thole with little or no contact with my family, and worse pay etc...etc... blah blah blah. While I respect our soldiers and our military, you can't complain about something you chose to do! That was your decision and your life.

Then you get a very touchy subject so ppl avoid it.
edit on 9-7-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join