It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Cops Seize Control Of AZ Town

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

No sense in trying to get illogical people to use logic

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
very informative tread. s&f

"first they come for this one, and than, they come for that one.

and i did not say nothing,because they did not come for me.

'when they came for me,there was no one left to deffend me'.
i'm sorry i can not recall who said that.

you people on the ats are doing a good job.

thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow insane. Got curious about the video so I looked up the town and found out that this corruption has been an ongoing issue. The chief of police is under investigation and only because a hand-full of "real" cops filed complaints on his actions and abuse of power.

That is one jacked up town, other then the major, everyone is uber corrupt that holds any type of city position. I would really hate to live there. Hope the major wins the re-election.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They're back...and they're as petty as ever! The members of the Quartzsite Town Council who barely retained their seats in the March recall election are wasting no time wasting more money. While they whine and snivel about the cost of their own recall, they recalled Mayor Ed Foster out of spite. Clearly the message is do as I say, not as I do.

quartzsitearizona.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One town at a time. We've got to stand up for our FREEDOM people.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You do realize Aaron Lewis grew up in Springfield Massachusetts the son of Polish - Jewish Immigrants?

Nothing like an authentic "country boy"

Sorry, OP, I didn't forget you, Wow, that is some messed up local politics. It won't be long before citizens start running shysters like this council out of town on a rail. Shameful behavior and the police should not be stepping in.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is a website - apparently written by someone who lives in Quartzite. About the shenanigans of their politics.

Friday, July 1, 2011
Candidates file at last minute to run in mayoral recall election
It was a suspense filled day at Quartzsite Town Hall. Although several people had pulled packets to run, and three had filed campaign spending limit affidavits, no one had turned in nomination papers with only two hours to go...First, Jose Lizarraga made it official. Then Republican Precinct Committeeman Michael Roth filed. Then, Desert Freedom Press Publisher Jennifer Jones reportedly made it, with only minutes to spare.

Jones arrested again! And again...and again...
But this time, she was reportedly injured after being rough handled by QPD officers Fabiola Garcia and Rick Patterson. Roll tape...er being rough handled by QPD officers Fabiola Garcia and Rick Patterson. Roll tape...

edit on 6-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This ought to sum up my feelings on the matter. Enjoy.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given
edit on 6-7-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms

Originally posted by wingsfan
thank god for arizona. no matter how effed up nevada is they always manage to be worse. it's like the whole flipping state is one big wild west home owners association.

And thats why Az., embraces the citizens rights...as opposed to Nevada, where they taketh away~

Disappear...your wasting our time

oh my bad, I meant to say "blah blah elitist police state, yada yada, tptb are gonna get us, etc.."

lighten up.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

AND I MEAN IT.

WTF???

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Alright. so this whole thing has me highly aggrivated to put it nicely. i havent looked through all of the posts, but from what ive seen no one has said anything about everyone else just sitting there watching. i wish i could have been there to stand up for that woman. how long are we going to sit by and watch things like this happen? every single person should have stood up and put those piglets in their place.

i know all about crooked cops. i live in an area where i am constantly harrassed. my girlfriend and i had a baby about a year ago. her father doesnt like that too much. or me for whatever reason. and unfortunately hes the chief of police's right hand man. so ive had a lot of fun getting random parking tickets. getting stopped when they see im driving in town. and the last thing that happened was that i was over at my brothers house, which is in town, to see him for his birthday. i wasnt at his place for more than 2 hours and a cop just walks right into his house. he came there because he saw my car parked outside and knew i was there. so he has me come to the front door and he tells me i have to come down to the police station. i ask him if im in trouble and he tells me it depends on how things go. so i go. i do the right thing. i had nothing to worry about. so we get down there and i see my girlfriend's dad sitting in the backroom without his uniform on (mind you this is at about 10-11 at night. he should have been at home.) they take me into the kitchen and sit me down at the table. apperently there have been a lot of burglaries and people breaking into houses recently. and even though at this point i wasnt living in town anymore because i was sick of the games, they think im the one whos doing. so they start railing me with questions. did i go here, do i know this person. i didnt know anything. except they brought me down there just do give me a hard time. THEN they start TELLING me that im a pill addict. i was shocked. i started laughing. what the hell are you talking about?! i said. and they say. we know you like to crush up and snort pills. i laughed again. i told em they were goons. and that all ive ever done was smoke weed when i was younger. and thats long in the past. but they jjust wanted to keep telling me how bad it is that im an addict. so finally when i was done talking. and they were done asking. they took my fingerprints. and said they were going to run them on the evidence theyve collected. and it would take them about 2 years. and then they let me leave at about 3am. GOTTA LOVE THE COPS!

but that wasnt really the point. its just a great example of cops only being one rung up the social ladder from criminals. i just want to know when are we going to do something? stand together and stick up for ourselves? theres so much going on. and we sit by like those people in the video. im sure everone has had experiences where they have been pushed. when are we going to push back? i wish there was something i can do. but im only one person. and thats why they win..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
How does a town (cluster of houses etc) of 3400 people actually manages to have a Mayor, Councillors etc and also a police force. Also why would you have a meeting with police present. I live in a city of 300,000 people and have never seen police at our council meetings.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's not all the cops in that town that are bad. From what I've read, there are about 10 cops who filed complaints on the police chief for abuse of power and corruption. It's mainly the council members excluding the mayor that are running the show and using the chief as a guard dog. If you read more into it you'll see that it is beyond out of control. Anyone who does not agree with those in charge lose their jobs to those who are more willing to participate with the corruption. Hopefully some national attention might put a spotlight on what's going and help these townspeople with their problems. The police chief is already under investigation.

What I'm curious about is who's going to win the re-election of mayor. If it's not the current mayor or the other 2 individuals who had been arrested at the council meeting then my guess is some ballot stuffing was done. Only 4 people running for mayor.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is getting scary, it’s a growing trend being seen in the US. I'm just amazed the mayor had no voice and no authority. Here in the US you can have freedom and the democratic right to speak your mind - just as long as it is in accordance to what the state agrees on - what's the freakin point anymore!! I thought this kind of oppression only happened in countries like Iran, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

And did you notice how all the other citizens in the room just sat back and let it happen, nobody came to her defence, unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TDeBaun

Did'nt see your post before i mentioned the people just sitting and letting it happen, fear is what happened to them. More stuff has probably happened in that town than we are aware of.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

yeah i just saw it now. my bad. but fear or not.. they could have easily taken over that room. it was a bunch of old men and a few crooked cops and a man with a badge is still a man. you can take them out as easily as they can take you out. (man as in human not gender. i know there was a lady cop) and if they did something it would have escelated the situation and maybe it would have become a much bigger story. and then those people could get the help they need. obviously theres no hope for a fair election in that town. theyll just keep people close that will play ball. the corruption wont stop. unless those people decide to make it stop.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog

And did you notice how all the other citizens in the room just sat back and let it happen, nobody came to her defence, unbelievable.

Did you see the old lady smittenly shaking her head in disgust at the detained citizen as she was taken out.
I can't imagine the rump-kissing that goes on in that town.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog

America, land of the enslaved, home of the cowardly.

Have a nice ring to it? It better. It's gonna stick.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

LOL, no I didn't realize that, but it doesn't really make any difference if he was born authentic or if he became that way as the nation has changed over the last few years. I heard the song on a fairly obscure internet radio show, "Skydog's Red Dirt Country" and I didn't think it would get any play on regular stations. Next thing I know it is playing in my local town, but I still didn't think it would go nationwide, and next thing I know it is shooting to #1 and playing on CMT! My brother was the one that pointed out how the sentiment of the country must be changing at some deep level for a song like that to be so popular. The fact is, if a polish immigrant in Massachussetts is singing about how the country needs to get back to its roots, and if people are buying the song up like crazy all across the nation, then it is a telltale sign of the things to come.

Maybe it would have been better coming from a guy like me, with a good amount of Apache in his blood, and an eternal tan from tossing bails of hay from age 12 to 20, but I just can't sing that well, LOL!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join