It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand Cannons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If you want a hand cannon then you want either S&W 500 nitro express, or a Magnum Research 45/70 government revolver.

I'll stick with 9mm and .45acp. You spend 6 months with 1 bullet in your specialty massive gun. I'll be raiding every dead cop, national guardsman, and walmart to stay armed when my supply runs out.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I own a DE in .50ae, a Taurus M44 with a 8 3/8" barrel, and a Taurus PT845, I think all 3 qualify for the "hand cannon" status. all 3 are a blast to shoot. (literaly) and I carry all 3 of them as a personal defence gun. (not at the same time) and these are my pros and cons for each:

DE .50AE Pros:
1. the .50ae load is a beast! The thing was designed to defeat vehicles! (and it does)
2. the psychological factor. When you carry a DE 50, you feel like the terminator crossed with robocop. I know it sounds nuts, but when you feel like that, people will think twice about messing with you, due to the attitude that you put forward.
3. The damn thing is built like a tank! I have put 1000's of rounds thru it and no problems, jams, stovepipes, etc...(and I train and shoot in every conceivable angle and way to practice for real life)

DE .50AE Cons:
1. The gun weighs a ton! Even more when loaded! (I suggest, a shoulder holster, or suspenders, if you want to keep your pants up.)

2. The .50AE loads are kind of hard to find. I mean, you probabily wont walk into your local gun store and just pick a box off the shelf.
3. The .50AE loads are rather expensive. The cheapest ones that I have found are $21 USD for a box of 20 rounds.
4. Only 7 rounds per mag.

Taurus M44 Pros:
1. The size. This thing looks like Dirty Harry designed it.
2. Magna Ports. Barrel porting that reduces muzzle flip.
3. Its a .44 Magnum! This gun will stop almost anything this side of a freight train! Especially when loaded with 300 grain HP's

Taurus M44 Cons:
1. The .44 Mag load is pretty expensive as well. (about $14 USD for a box of 20, 300 Gr. HP's)

Taurus PT845 Pros:
1. Rather easy to conceal.
2. Very Reliable
3. 12 rounds of .45ACP

Taurus PT845 Cons:
1. .45 ACP is pricey as well ($21 USD for a box of 50 rds.)
2. Limited accessory market

These are my picks for hand cannons, all are good guns and all will give good service. The main thing is to pick a gun that you feel comfortable with and makes you feel good.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Get a pistol like this! Anyone say RIDICULOUS!!!?

www.youtube.com...

Sorry , when you say hand cannon, this , not the eagle, is the first that comes to mind

They have one that is vehicle mounted or ground mounted and can fire 1,000,000 rounds per min. Talk about overkill!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

I know ! The whole metal storm thing is just pure unadulterated violence. Course,that million round per minuite figure is theoretical,because they cannot load the damned thing with a million rounds fast enough to deliver that volume of fire... still utterly devestating!
The handgun variant however, is just thoroughly terrifying. I mean its just one trigger press, and your target gets triple tapped ... freakin scary!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join