It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug In The New Un-Flag Option?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So far I've had mixed results with the new un-flag feature. Out of the three posts I've flagged since the feature was enabled I've seen the option appear only once. I flagged the un-flag announcement thread and didn't get the option to un-flag. I was curious, so I read through the thread and discovered that others had flagged the thread with the same result. When I did a test and got the option I moved on. Now that I flagged another thread and didn't get the option I figured I'd mention it.

Some Changes To The Flagging System Today

These posters flagged but couldn't un-flag.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And a member who did more experiments.

Only limit I could find is a 30 day window.

When the option doesn't appear the flag button goes black.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abd28ab4510d.png[/atsimg]
edit on 3-7-2011 by LazyGuy because: Added Picture

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I haven't even been given the opportunity to flag this thread, can only un-flag it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by strik2dae

Well then, that just adds another issue to this.

Maybe all of this is the result of some Government tampering that the new feature is interfering with.
It's the only explanation that makes sense of the inconsistencies.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hmm, I flagged your thread, and have the option to unflag. I flagged the original Unflag announcement thread the first day, could unflag, but the second day, no unflag. Flagged an old thread yesterday, no unflag option.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

My (minimal) research into this shows that you can unflag any threads you flagged only if the post was created after June 30 2011 (the day they implemented the new feature). The announcement thread by SO was created on June 30 so it doesn't show the unflag option.

Can anyone else corroborate or refute my findings?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I flagged this thread and am able to unflag in so it must work okay for me.

reply to post by avocadoshag

Your findings seem to be correct! That is my experience also.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
reply to post by LazyGuy

My (minimal) research into this shows that you can unflag any threads you flagged only if the post was created after June 30 2011 (the day they implemented the new feature). The announcement thread by SO was created on June 30 so it doesn't show the unflag option.

Can anyone else corroborate or refute my findings?

Several people used the un-flag announcement thread to test the new feature. All of the posts stating success were from the first part of the thread. Here is one from the first page.

Originally posted by davespanners
Flagged and then unflagged. Just had to check it worked you understand

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Hmm, I flagged your thread, and have the option to unflag. I flagged the original Unflag announcement thread the first day, could unflag, but the second day, no unflag. Flagged an old thread yesterday, no unflag option.

Thanks for your input. This is exactly the situation that suggests that there's a problem with the new feature. Since you had the option to un-flag in the announcement thread previously but cannot un-flag now there has to be a reason.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You don't have the option to un-flag threads you flagged before the code change.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've had inconsistent results as well. I've noticed that most times I flag a thread, I get the un-flag option but on a few occasions, I get the black button right after flagging a thread.

I'm sure its just a bug that needs to be worked out.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by strik2dae

you need 20 posts to flag threads now.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think that being able to unflag threads is a splendid idea.

Someday when you run short of flags you can go an reclaim some of your old ones. That's a great convenience in this day of flag and star shortages.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

you know what else would be a splendid idea?

there should be a count on how many flags you have given... not to what threads but just how many flags you have given out.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I flagged this thread.

And I can't unflag it.

Now I'm going to read the thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The unflagging option isn't showing up for me once I've left the site and come back.
It seems to expire like the way editing does.

new topics

top topics

join