It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Civilization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am just going to get down to business...

During WWII a lot of resource were committed to the war itself by both sides. What fascinates me is that Germany, single handily (more or less), was able to threaten the entire world and almost won the war. The advances in technology during that period were HUGE! Most of which were thanks to the Germans, they are often considered as the architects of the modern era... etc, etc.. you all know what I am talking about. But don't get me wrong, they also committed countless crimes against humanity.

Where I am trying to get at is how could such a nation become so powerful as to challenge the world and almost win?! What did they do others didn't? And I always wonder how the world would've been today if we continued to advance with similar pace. WWII taught us a great lesson that we seem to ignore:

If we work hard, put genuine effort, and allocate the necessary resources, together we can achieve GREAT things!

Imagine if instead of wasting money on war and conflicts, if we stop hating each other, but instead work together as fellow human beings, what we can achieve! Imagine if Germany spend the same amount of effort in solving problems humanity faces, and not creating more.

I believe that humanity is like a talented person who for some stupid reason(s) does not utilize his/her talents to the full potential and therefore is a tragic waste. Our lives are too short to waste, why not utilize it in the best interest of the World?!

Thanks for reading, I hope I conveyed my thoughts as clear as possible.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I agree with pretty much everything you have said, the only problems that we face are the fact that we have people involved who have agendas that are different to the good agendas that most of us want.

Namely as usual money and power the root of all evil i.m.o.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I believe the americans siezed thousands of patents from Germany after the second world war,patents that catapulted America years ahead of the rest of the world

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Those people need to see beyond their pockets and start contributing to society, at the end, what will they achieve? The money will leave them behind, they cannot take anything with them to the afterlife.
If there only was a way to open their eyes..

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
I believe the americans siezed thousands of patents from Germany after the second world war,patents that catapulted America years ahead of the rest of the world

I agree.

NASA was built from German scientist, those very same scientists who developed the V2 and other countless secrets that have been erased from history, and even contributed to the Apollo missions.

Even the B-2 bomber is a recreation of the German Ho-229...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

If we work hard, put genuine effort, and allocate the necessary resources, together we can achieve GREAT things!

Imagine if instead of wasting money on war and conflicts, if we stop hating each other, but instead work together as fellow human beings, what we can achieve!

Our lives are too short to waste, why not utilize it in the best interest of the World?!

This is certainly what the huge majority of common ordinary folks want.

Its hard to have such a reality though when we have BUMS in charge of the planet who love to see it in chaos all the time for some sick twisted reason.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Its hard to have such a reality though when we have BUMS in charge of the planet who love to see it in chaos all the time for some sick twisted reason.

Those Bums are born, raised, and educated like everyone else. The problem isn't only with them, it's with US also, we have a voice and the power to correct things.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

Imagine if instead of wasting money on war and conflicts, if we stop hating each other, but instead work together as fellow human beings, what we can achieve! Imagine if Germany spend the same amount of effort in solving problems humanity faces, and not creating more.

There are three tiny problems with your suggestion -
1) Germany,Japan,Italy,Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria - are not more or less Germany. It was a union. And it never was close to victory.Even when Britain was left "more or less" alone for year plus. Hitler himself considered war on two fronts a suicide and he went for it due to his own political mistake - pact with Soviet Union on partition of Poland. He knew that Stalin will attack so he struck first hoping for it to shutter due to Soviet approach to "union" of its citizens/slaves.
2) Nazi Germany indeed was united, but to achieve that inner union they used hate and fear.
3) Germany was one of the leading nations in technology,industry and social issues since late 19 century. Since it was established ,actually. In WW1 Axis did not have much more countries, and yet held out for similar time. Without any uber "unity".
All utopian ideas to unite humanity ended bad. Simple explanation is that we are different. We unite only in face of something bad or if someone forces us. Look in your neighbourhood - are people united in attempt to achive something? No. Will they be if there is a fire or if there is police checking on their actions every minute - yes they will be but for short time only.
The same with general humanity. And it is not bad. We are not ants. We are different and have different interests.
edit on 3-7-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The problem isn't only with them, it's with US also, we have a voice and the power to correct things.

If you wish to spew propaganda and excuses for such BUMS, at LEAST have a somewhat convincing defense other than something so asinine such as its the 'peoples' faults for crying out loud!!

And the people have been using their voices a lot lately across the entire GLOBE... but it seems like nobody is listening.

edit on 3-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

There are three tiny problems with your suggestion -
1) Germany,Japan,Italy,Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria - are not more or less Germany. It was a union. And it never was close to victory.Even when Britain was left "more or less" alone for year plus. Hitler himself considered war on two fronts a suicide and he went for it due to his own political mistake - pact with Soviet Union on partition of Poland. He knew that Stalin will attack so he struck first hoping for it to shutter due to Soviet approach to "union" of its citizens/slaves.
2) Nazi Germany indeed was united, but to achieve that inner union they used hate and fear.
3) Germany was one of the leading nations in technology,industry and social issues since late 19 century. Since it was established ,actually. In WW1 Axis did not have much more countries, and yet held out for similar time. Without any uber "unity".
All utopian ideas to unite humanity ended bad. Simple explanation is that we are different. We unite only in face of something bad or if someone forces us. Look in your neighbourhood - are people united in attempt to achive something? No. Will they be if there is a fire or if there is police checking on their actions every minute - yes they will be but for short time only.
The same with general humanity. And it is not bad. We are not ants. We are different and have different interests.

1. Germany was very close to winning, after the war the allies were surprised as to how close they came to discovering the atomic bomb. Some even speculate that the scientists behind it sabotaged the program so that Hitler could not have such weapon at his side. And if it wasn't for a few other strategical mistakes due to arrogance they still might have won without the A-bomb, such mistake was the two front war.

2. Yes we are different, that doesn't mean we cannot work together for a greater purpose, we have the potential to, why waste it?! In my neighborhood people are actually united, everyone helps each other and has a strong sense of collaboration in benefit of the community.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

The problem isn't only with them, it's with US also, we have a voice and the power to correct things.

If you wish to spew propaganda and excuses for such BUMS, at LEAST have a somewhat convincing defense other than something so asinine such as its the 'peoples' faults for crying out loud!!

And the people have been using their voices a lot lately across the entire GLOBE... but it seems like nobody is listening.

edit on 3-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

It has worked so far in the middle east... I am not trying to spew excuses, I believe that if something is not going as it should, we should all be held responsible..

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Germany was able to threaten the world because they were allowed to progress with their war machine unhindered even when we knew what they were up too.

It's like today in alot of ways. Everyone complaining that we shouldn't be involved in other countries and let them handle their own things, well that's what we were saying back then and there was no one to stop Hitler from doing whatever he wanted. Even when he started invading America looked the other way, similar to what people say about libya today.

As for the war I don't believe Germany could have taken over the world by any stretch. Even had they gotten the atomic bomb first we would have had it shortly afterwards. Germany had Briton on the ropes and could have locked them out of the war, Germany also had Russia beat for all intents and purposes.

Hitler however was a complete idiot and made so many mistakes he basically lost this war for Germany.

Point is that Hitler could have sued for peace at anytime and we probably would have let him have all of Europe minus Briton and Russia. Or something similar to those arrangements.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

hitler lost it for them lol the generals basically created modern warfare tactics still used today. i agree with everything you have stated

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32Point is that Hitler could have sued for peace at anytime and we probably would have let him have all of Europe minus Briton and Russia. Or something similar to those arrangements.

Hitler had huge respect for Britain and tried to make peace with us several times. Ideally the Nazis wanted to control Germany on east to the Urals - the occupation of France and planned invasion of Britain were down to these two countries' declarations of war.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by UngoodWatermelon

Originally posted by kro32Point is that Hitler could have sued for peace at anytime and we probably would have let him have all of Europe minus Briton and Russia. Or something similar to those arrangements.

Hitler had huge respect for Britain and tried to make peace with us several times. Ideally the Nazis wanted to control Germany on east to the Urals - the occupation of France and planned invasion of Britain were down to these two countries' declarations of war.

Nice link. can't you get banned for that?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

This is certainly what the huge majority of common ordinary folks want.

it is

Crazy isn't it, the people in charge don't represent the people in any way. Our governments are all about themselves, not us.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I am just going to get down to business...

Imagine if instead of wasting money on war and conflicts, if we stop hating each other, but instead work together as fellow human beings, what we can achieve!

Reading these lines made me think of the bible story of the tower of babel. The people were of one language and evidently one mind. They all banded together and worked to build a city and a tower to reach to heaven.

The Lord said " Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language. and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them." (genesis 11:6)

Let me emphasize... "NOTHING they propose to do WILL now BE IMPOSSIBLE for them". Seems like a pretty bold statement of human ingenuity and potential. However, I can only imagine as to what 'cause' will unite us all. Certainly there is nothing common about the common good (or common sense for that matter.)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
From what I have seen about Germany, after getting the wind knocked out of it from losing the war and resulting cold war games it is acting as a responsible nation. It is leading the way with carbon trading and renewable energy dependence, a key player within the EU and trying to keep the unity together as best it can despite all the other problems going on. In terms of a lot of global hostilities going on, while Germany is not fighting against it, it is not supporting the conflict either.

The problem looks to be more with the Zionists in terms of a force of global domination. The holocaust events of the war have left a soft blind spot in Germany so there is some hesitation to stand up against this threat. But as things are becoming more clearer, there is a growing awareness of a problem that needs resolution.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UngoodWatermelon

Someone appears to have knobbled your link.

Just an actual 'forgotten' example of what really happened:

"Hitler will have no war (does not want war) but we will force it on him, not this year, but soon." Emil Ludwig Cohn in Les Annales June 1934 (Also quoted in his b ook 'The New Holy Alliance'

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I agree with what you are saying. What I find fascinating is that as far I have witnessed there is no animosity towards the Germans within Europe whatsoever (excepting of course the grabbing of loungers beside the hotel pool). In fact they are held with respect due to their quiet, super efficiency, proficiency in industry, green issues and hard work. I would go as far as to say that they are as a National one of, if not the, cleverest in the world.

I do think that had even a shred of honestly existed about the circumstances concerning both WW1&2 and who wanted to go to war and who did not, neither war would have been fought and we would have had a considerably further advanced and happier world - at least for the people, if not the men who deliberately instituted both these wars and profited from them.

I suspect the Germans achieved their enviable position from focussing on issues that affect their country and its needs, not having their resources squandered on world politics and all that involves.

I disagree with earlier odd posts about people being different. That difference is really diverse. The heart of humanity beats attuned to the earth. Our diversity means a wider opportunity for ingenuity, art, literature improving our world and quality of life etc. Our nature is to love and be creative. This appears to have happened at Babel which infers we were all of one accord.

However in those days there were 'interests' amongst us who wanted to exploit humanity, they saw the way to enslave us all by separating us with instilled false beliefs, taking away our unified common values, replacing them with judgemental views, suspicion and hate. They replaced generosity and empathy with the coin and war of
greed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join