It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gold deposits on google earth,find it one day,loose it the next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Over the past 2 years i have been looking for mineral deposits on google earth especilly gold deposits.Some people beleive you just cannot spot gold deposits like that from the air.In my opinion if the gold deposit is big enough and you have a very good eye for detail you will find gold deposits on google earth.Over the last four years i have found what looks like hundreads of different mineral deposits.I have found ship wrecks under the water.Large aboriginal paintings on rocks in Australia and what looks like ancient sites in the amazon jungle.My main area is gold deposits.Of course many of thoses mineral deposits i have found are proberly not mineral deposits at all.The way you take a photo,The way the sun reflects of different things.Different types of soil and water reflections can be taken as mineral deposit but are not at all.I must have over 300 areas on google earth where i beleive there is a gold deposit.In reallity i beleive only as many as 20 or even 10 of thoses sites may actually contain gold.I beleive alot of them are just different minerals other than gold or just different coloured stone.When it comes to locations it gets you thinking.Most of the locations are in so remote locations that only a few or even no people have been there.Most are either on high mountain peaks or sides of high cliffs.But they are proberly the best places to find gold in areas nobody has even been or see.Some people say goverments and google check ever photo to see what actually in them.I do not beleive this as there is just too much ground to cover.The gold site in tasmania was a intreasting find as most people do not beleive such a deposit was not found before years ago.Even inch of ground have never been searched.There are areas on earth where people have never seen or even been.The gold deposit in Anarticia is another intreasting find.It many have been hidden under ice for millions of years and by chance the day the ice melts at the same time a sattalite takes a photo of the mountain the gold is finaly revealed to the world on google earth.That photo could be years old or it could have been only taken last week.Whos knows unless you go to these locations and take samples to see what or if minerals are there in the first place.By the way.I think the aboriginal painting is just to big to have been painted by aboriginals,but i could be wrong.There is a couple of areas of intreast in tasmania that are not in a national park i will have a look at soon.
edit on 2-7-2011 by GORGANTHIUM because: added some more

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM.By the way.I think the aboriginal painting is just to big to have been painted by aboriginals,but i could be wrong.

Care to link us to some of these photo's?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Explanation: S&F!

I fully agree with you on the google thing.

But concerning the 'gold deposit' at 'undisclosed location' [OL knows where the member is talking about and they have discussed this in depth with me on ATS Chat
] ...

From that height and at those resolutions I am quite concerned that you may mistake the followingn lichen for 'gold'

Persona Disclosure: I agree that we need to have boots on the ground and I think Google Earth app is very usefull for scouting out POTENTIAL sites for whatever! I look forward to discussing this with the OPer very much!

edit on 2-7-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited for clarity.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you have an ultraviolet flashlight, the lichen will glow. UV light is also used to detect the presence of uranium in rock (generally uranium oxide, which glows green), so the lichen is most considered a nuance by rock hounds.

Most google earth resolution is so poor you can't detect much on the ground in the way of rocks, bits of debris, etc. Lately the resolution in some area is good enough that I can see reflections in areas where I know crash debris is located. I spotted a small reflection where a camera/solar-cell is located near the front gate of Groom Lake. But if you didn't know what was there, GE would have been useless.

Google earth is good for detecting man made objects at least a few meters across. To detect minerals, you would need multispectral imagery at the very least.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos
[morewell i have just uploded more photos from google earth on another gold deposit found this week.I cannot disclose this location but it looks even bigger than the deposits in tasmania and anartica.Have a look at the photos in my profile as see what you think about them]

new topics

top topics

join