It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO Alive and Well in Police State of INDIANA: Police Substation Inside Elementary School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I read this headline, I had to read it twice. I would pull my child from this school immediately. How is it ever a good idea to put our children in harms way like this? Not only do our children have to be in the presence of some of uniformed officers, but the officers may draw criminals to them! I think this is a nasty way to indoctrinate our children to a police state/police presence anywhere they go. It is sad and pathetic when our own children cannot attend school free from the scary and intimidating presence of the police.

Police have NO BUSINESS inside schools!

source w/video

NEW ALBANY, IN (WDRB-TV) -- New Albany Police are beefing up patrols even more around the S. Ellen Jones Neighborhood.

The New Albany Police substation is located inside the S. Ellen Jones Elementary School and all roll calls will be held there from now on. Chief Todd Bailey says, "The focal point is to keep the police officers in this neighborhood as much as absolutely possible."

Bailey says crime is down 10% since February when the Problem Oriented Policing program launched. It's all from increased patrols in this neighborhood, made up of several rental properties. Now, more than 45 officers can work out of the new substation.

Bailey says, "Most of what we have had decreases in is burglary, thefts and vandalism cases." Captain Lee Miller says, "I've talked to neighbors who are thrilled to death to see police presence and it has helped quality of life issues in the neighborhood."

In the substation, officers can fill out reports, take a break, and take calls. But police interviewing will still be done at the main police department.

I cannot believe that people in the neighborhood would be so happy to have forty five officers working out of their child's school!

New Albany IND Police Website

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The captain says people are "thrilled to death"....kids will look back at that comment in history books and wonder how naive we were to get ourselves in this state.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
wait till the police decide they need more funding and double the traffic ticket cost in the school zones, and give the residents tickets for not parking close enough to the curb. And of course abusing there power with home invasions and accidental shootings.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here is an article from a fw months ago explaining the reasoning behind this incentive program.

source

NEW ALBANY — Though the program is still in its infancy, New Albany Police Department officials said they think they’re seeing positive results from their Problem Oriented Policing initiative at a press conference Wednesday....Part of that plan is to station police in schools in these areas. Bailey said he hopes to get such an installation in the S. Ellen Jones Elementary School by the beginning of April.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Actually this is a very good idea and has been discussed on ATS with a general opinion that it's good. It's a great way to not only get the community especially kids used to seeing and being around cops but it also let's the police get to know and even see kids grow up where they work.

It's a win win all around. Plus I believe it keeps them in the neighborhood instead of going back to the station to do all their paperwork. Frankly if I had kids I would go out of my way to put them in this school.

Maybe in years down the road when a situation happens the cop can say "hey johnny quit being crazy and come with me" instead of someone he doesn't know and tazers half to death.
edit on 1-7-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea. I would certainly feel safer about my children while they are at school.

I also do not understand what this has to do with the NWO or a Police State. Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
See this thread [closed] for additional info.
Thread accidentally posted twice.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder if their obituaries and tombstones will say "thrilled to death" after these same cops start murdering civilians on the streets and in their houses once all the children have been terrorized and tasered.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
I wonder if their obituaries and tombstones will say "thrilled to death" after these same cops start murdering civilians on the streets and in their houses once all the children have been terrorized and tasered.

Embrace your hate and join the Dark Side, you cannot escape it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
I think this is a good idea. I would certainly feel safer about my children while they are at school.

I also do not understand what this has to do with the NWO or a Police State. Please elaborate.
No problem elaborating.

A police state is defined by police everywhere, even your child's school, where police have huge authority over all aspects of one's life.

en.wikipedia.org...

The term police state describes a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state.[3]

I can understand wanting a larger police presence in a bad neighborhood. But to stick the police inside of a school is not the way to do it, unless one of the reasons is to indoctrinate our children to a constant police presence even where police should have no business, ie inside school walls. Schools are for education not a place for police to hang out and have roll call.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
just to repost my comment from the closed thread....

"Whats even more insane is that many people will think that it is this police presence that keeps them from being victims of crime. The worst part about being robbed, jumped, raped, attacked...is that it can happen ANYWHERE and if someone is determined enough...a million police patrolling the streets will not stop them. What it will do, however, is create a heightened sense of fear because people will think that the presence of these officers implies that there is a need for them. From there you have people giving up all sorts of rights for the illusion of safety. I have been stuck up before and I am still more afraid of the police than some random junky. at least the junky doesnt pretend to be anything other than it is. With the cops, they may help you...or they might not...depends on that particular cop's motivations."

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I find nothing wrong with cops being situated by kids. They get to know one another and the kids probably won't grow up with stories about fear, they could always ask the cop if it's true, and the cops wont' think all kids are up to no good all the time, which they are, and I see no negatives to this at all.

Why put the police somewhere out of sight like your ashamed of them? Have them in the community getting to know kids and parants the more time they spend there the easier they will be able to recognize if something seems out of place or doesn't feel right.

Kids are more apt to go up to a cop and say hey these kids are talking about doing this or that thought I'd just let you know. Maybe some young child is being abused at home but happens to know a police officer and might mention this because she or he isn't afraid of the police.

Maybe the police might actually contribute more than just showing up when there's a problem.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
One more article with more details about this substation:

source

“The fundamental point of problem-oriented policing is to keep the cops where the crimes and the problems are,” Bailey said. “So we really believe that having our roll calls there and having the officers operate out of that location … will further anchor the police and school to the neighborhood.”

The substation is a 12-foot-by-15-foot room next to the school gymnasium. “Our office is the old popcorn stand … but it’s enough space that we can do what we need to do,” Bailey said....Bailey said that while officers will be entering and leaving the building around the clock to do reports, interview crime victims and do other police work, there won’t be a person sitting at a desk to deal with the public.

The city and the school corp split the cost for this, so instead of schoolbooks these tax paying parents paid for police inside the school.

The fact that crime victims will be interviewed here endangers the children, and the fact that there is a police substation inside the school endangers the children, potentially, due to possible retaliation by criminals. I feel the police should have made a substation somewhere other than a school. It sends the wrong message for those of us who enjoy our freedom from a police state. Unfortunately in America this is becoming difficult.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

wait til some kid gets arrested and tazered for raising his hand too aggressively or for knowing too much.

on paper this looks ok.....on paper...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I find nothing wrong with cops being situated by kids. They get to know one another and the kids probably won't grow up with stories about fear, they could always ask the cop if it's true, and the cops wont' think all kids are up to no good all the time, which they are, and I see no negatives to this at all.

Why put the police somewhere out of sight like your ashamed of them? Have them in the community getting to know kids and parants the more time they spend there the easier they will be able to recognize if something seems out of place or doesn't feel right.

Kids are more apt to go up to a cop and say hey these kids are talking about doing this or that thought I'd just let you know. Maybe some young child is being abused at home but happens to know a police officer and might mention this because she or he isn't afraid of the police.

Maybe the police might actually contribute more than just showing up when there's a problem.
I never suggested police be out of sight, and there are plenty of stories involving cops I am deeply ashamed to hear of.

It is not the place of schools to make certain children do not fear police, what ever happened to allowing the parents instill (insert emotion) regarding the police? Not all of us parents believe the police are our friends or that the police have the best interest of my child at heart.

I also do not want or need police in my elementary school on the look out for what they perceive to be irregular behavior. The teachers can do that and are mandated by law to report suspected abuse already.

There is only one reason for police inside our schools.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
you get the children to think that the cops are good then when they are older they will be more apt to follow what ever a cop says and not question it, that is the problem with this setup. Go after the young, that what you do with everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have to disagree with your assessment of this situation.

Point 1: Police State
You defined the terminology but the story does not define the method used here to fit that terminology. The police in this instance are not patrolling the halls of the school. Were they to take a monitoring role within the school itself as part of the shared space, then I might see your slant. That is not the case here.

Point 2: Usage
A substation is just a small area with a few desks that let cops catch up on their daily duties around patrol/response. The story noted that this was not to be used as an interrogation or detention area, so there is no influx of criminal behaviour here. Since they will not be exposing the children to the negative side of their job, I do not see how this will affect them in any way.

In my town, one of the local supermarkets has a Sheriff's substation set up inside. As part of the shared space agreement, they also patrol the parking lot at night. Sheriff's Deputies come and go all hours of day and night and there is always someone present at the station. They do not patrol the supermarket though. They are either inside their station or in the parking lot. In fact, they are even sometimes available for light conversation with people going in or out of the store because they are not there as community JackBoots, but people doing a job.

I think you have overestimated the potential here. I see this, as others have said, as a means by which children can gain a personal perspective on LEOs in their community and remove some of the fear that comes with encountering them at a later time.

Imagine if the handicapped boy that another person posted about on ATS had been more intimately familiar with the local police in his community. Perhaps there would not have been a communication failure and no need to chase, beat, taze, arrest him just because he was not mentally capable of knowing what was going on. Perhaps the local PD will have a greater understanding of the civilians around them and the civilians will have a greater understanding on the LEOs.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

The sunstation being in the school itself is the beginning of the police state, all police states begin somewhere. The police literally have to walk down the halls to enter the substation, don't they? It is getting the kids used to a police presence at places police do not belong, and police do not belong inside schools. if a school is so unsafe, fix the school. If the neighborhood is bad, why hide the police among school children?

The article said crime victims would be interviewed there, and that has the potential to draw criminals to it.

I avoid police stations, because of the element of person one finds at a police station. I do not agree with substations being in places like schools, or supermarkets. That takes my choice away. I choose to avoid police stations, so if the substation was in the only market in town, it forces shoppers who have no vehicles or way to the next city into shopping where a police substation is located. That is wrong, and it is the first step to the police state.
edit on Fri, 01 Jul 2011 18:40:17 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They aren't there to police the classrooms and alot of parents are actually asking for this not just the school board, I for one would request it as I think it's a great idea.

And how is there going to be retaliation on a crime victim here? I don't often hear of retaliations on crime victims at police stations, rather that happens when the victim returns home or at a later date, not when they are surrounded by police.

If anything this will increase the safety of the school and the surrounding neighborhood and i'm all for that.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So I guess when another school prank gets tagged as an act of terrorism the police will already be on the scene. This leaves the door open for any person in authority to hold this over a kid's head....."Straighten up and fly right junior or we'll sick the cops on ya."

I wonder how many anonymous tips from "concerned" PTB within the school will come across their desks. Substantiated or not.

<<   2 >>

join