It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk to your doctor about Drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I thought this attempt at sarcasm was so well done that others might be interested as well. What's amusing about this video is that they accurately depict nearly every single drug commercial I've seen. They all seem to fall into the same stereotypical category. We have a problem and we need drug to fix our problem and then our world will be full of color, fun, and excitement.

Thinking about the expense behind these FDA approved drugs does make you wonder. You know they're socking away millions on the side to pay for potential liability lawsuits. I often wonder if they just factor that into their business and shrug at the lawsuits that eventually arise when something goes wrong. How much money goes into bribing the FDA to approve their latest drug? How much money do they spend to convince doctors to prescribe drug? Then of course there are these commercials where they pressure people to pressure their doctors to get the new drug. I often wondered how that conversation actually sounded like. "Doctor I have issues, give me drug". That's just so bizarre to me. Do the doctors have any incentive to prescribe these newest drugs?

They're pushing their drugs like they're the newest technical gadget or a cooler car and as mentioned the side-effects of these can be scary. Then you have to take drugs to control the side effect of drug. I know some of these are life-saving but the ones you see pushed in these commercials I can't say are really as necessary as they're telling us they are. So with the industry pushing to people, doctors, and the FDA I have to wonder if certain items are just on or off the market depending on whether or not they can make a buck off of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
S+F I totally agree, it does look like just about every drug commercial I've ever seen. I always found the "tell your doctor you need this drug" part of them very odd. Isn't it your doctor who should be telling you what you should take, not the other way around?

Also the huge list of side effect that they have to read really fast so legally they told you, but no one can remember that much stuff anyways. That's just as bad, IMHO, as those 2-3 paragraphs of tiny text you couldn't read to save your life that cover's their butts in the event of lawsuits.

I too wonder how much money it takes to get a drug pushed through the FDA. I'm willing to bet its millions.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
LOL S&F for you
I love the fine print when they get to side effects "may cause brain herpes"
and earlier "see our ad in hypochondriac quarterly"

edit on 2-7-2011 by Forevever because: I had a side effect

new topics

join