It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large round anomaly to right of the Sun. What is it??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

June 1 roll angle: -0.176
Jun 28 roll angle: 3.310
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You realize that if it were a round object being illuminated by the Sun the lighting is completely wrong.

It has been appearing for years and it's position corresponds to the roll angle of the satellite.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/994be7c1d9de.png[/atsimg]

Well isn't Nasa known for flipping some images or showing them backwards to the viewer? Would your roll explanation be the same if that was indeed true? Say that the anomaly is in the lower left hand corner as opposed to being in the upper right in the pictures your posted. I am curious and await your response.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

The spacecraft changes it's roll orientation to keep the "north" pole of the Sun on the top of the image.
Since the "object" follows the roll, it must be on the camera.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What I'm curious about is the black jets coming from the top right of the Sun with the intense plasma right below it... (I just said plasma because I can't think of another word for it).....I see it a lot, and just curious what it is. The whole time I watched the video my eyes were drawn to that. Anyone know?
edit on 6/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage? Do you know the answer to my question above?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

You're right about the plasma flowing from the Sun. But the dark areas aren't jets, they are places where the plasma isn't flowing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks! We can always count on you!
It's just something I have always been curious about.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I'm not falling for that nonsense.
1. I have owned many cameras in many price ranges, none of which were assembled in a clean room by scientists, never had a "fiber" show up in a picture.
2. How come it just all of a sudden shows up? They would have caught that glitch on frame one.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I'm not falling for that nonsense.
1. I have owned many cameras in many price ranges, none of which were assembled in a clean room by scientists, never had a "fiber" show up in a picture.
2. How come it just all of a sudden shows up? They would have caught that glitch on frame one.

I don't buy it either but that's just me. I don't ever remember seeing or hearing about this fiber, and noone has brought it up before, that I know of. I'm curious as to when it came online and if it was in view then. If I can find proof it has "always" been there I'll shut up about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
One should always include fiber in their diet, and not try to intellectualize out its importance.

Second meaningless line of copy.

In short, you are viewing instruments in space with lots of interference going on out there. The SOHO site has a FAQ section, I would urge you to read it. Its just not my thing.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Surely if there was a brown dwarf near the sun that they would be orbiting each other and we would see the brown dwarf quite easily when it passes between the sun and the earth. Also I do not think that we could have an elyptical orbit around the sun if a second sun was present as their position in relation to each other would change the gravitational pull on the earth.

If there really is an object there then it must not have much mass which rules out that it cannot be another star. IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Valid point!

2nd line

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I don't buy it either but that's just me. I don't ever remember seeing or hearing about this fiber, and noone has brought it up before, that I know of. I'm curious as to when it came online and if it was in view then. If I can find proof it has "always" been there I'll shut up about it.

If you have a look at the pictures that Phage posted, they are from 2007, 2009 and 2010.
The video in the OP's posting is from 2011.
Thus you have evidence right in front of you that it has always been around, in the same place, for years.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I love it when all logic gets tossed out the window... Honesty, you guys think this "thing" is something other than a fibre?? Like, really? Something which appears in the same spot relative to camera rotation... As its whizzing around in space... *sigh* Sure, it might make some tiny minute movements, which could easily just be the way light is falling on the sensor, or even camera focusing motors causing tiny vibrations. But... instead of all the evidence, you decide its some amazing "thing" thats 1/4 the size of the sun, which no astronomers have reported, which reflects light, backwards....

Gosh, I need a lie down.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

If you hold a tennis ball up to a light bulb, what area of the tennis ball would be illuminated?

I'll give you a clue: The surface area facing the light bulb.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I have owned many cameras in many price ranges, none of which were assembled in a clean room by scientists
reply to post by Trublbrwing

well, maybe thats because none of your cameras where sent in to SPACE.

what? did you buy your camera from JPL or something?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Interesting, is the object round? If it was round then why is light only reflecting from the right side of the object? That doesn't make sense because the light is suppose to be reflected from the left side of the object. Unless the object isn't round.

This is interesting.

Thanks for posting Flagged.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by alfa1

It's actually a fiber from a cleaning cloth used during manufacture of the camera for the satellite.

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras used to take the images. The most noticeable example is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

Source
edit on 30-6-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

Some guy taking pictures of the sun got images of the same thing.. I don't think it a fiber.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Okay, maybe it is a fiber of some sort, I'm not going to say it is or it's not.

I will say this and this get picked apart but whatever. Let's play the what if game and look at it from another angle.
The Stereo Cor2 was launched in 2006 and not sure when the first images were taken. Lets say before NASA realized that there was something there, the images had already leaked to the web. Obviously, they've got to come up with an explanation, so they permanently make the object static, and come up with the "fiber" explanation.

A couple things that get me about this object.

1. Where is the light source coming from to illuminate this fiber?

2. Is it plausable, that if this were (and I stress WERE) a brown dwarf, wouldn't the side closet to the Sun, look dim, due to losing its illumination from the much brighter Sun?

I might be reaching here but it's just some ideas.

I found this video and within the first minute, you can see the anamoly move. It moves from the top right, to the bottom right. Why?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Some guy taking pictures of the sun got images of the same thing.. I don't think it a fiber.

Somebody actually starred your post

Perhaps a source? Maybe a link to the actual photo's? Can you elaborate on why you "don't think it[sic] a fiber"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join