It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama talks "Fast and Furious" ATF scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Obama talks "Fast and Furious" ATF scandal

www.cbsnews.com

Today at his news conference, President Obama was asked about the unfolding gunwalker scandal, and whether ATF leadership will be replaced.

Mr. Obama answered, "My attorney general has made clear that he certainly would not have ordered gun running to be able to pass through into Mexico. ... I'm not going to comment on -- a on a current investigation. I've made very clear my views that that would not be an appropriate step by the ATF, and we've got to find out how that happened."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well now things are happening fast... question is... to what end???

The Senate confirmed three Obama-nominated Justice Department officials in a deal that will give Congressional investigators access to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms documents that have been withheld for months.... why did they need to make a deal or appoint someone just to give them access ... is simply confounding... I mean come on... the president asks you for records your supposed to just say "Yes Sir!" an go get them damn papers...right???

The bigger part of the deal, however, is that ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson will provide a "transcribed interview" to Republican and Democratic investigators in mid-July.

Melson is the highest-ranking official involved in the so-called gunwalker scandal to agree to be interviewed.

obviously Melson has a lot of splainin to do... and the one question everyone is dying to know the answer too is who put him up to it... surely higher ups conceived this FUBR...

there is a companion story to this... Agent I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico... the link to that story is added here as the second link... but if you dont read it I will copy paste the best part for you all here

Dodson's bosses say that never happened. Now, he's risking his job to go public.

Agent Dodson and other sources say the gun walking strategy was approved all the way up to the Justice Department. The idea was to see where the guns ended up, build a big case and take down a cartel. And it was all kept secret from Mexico.

ATF named the case "Fast and Furious."

Surveillance video obtained by CBS News shows suspected drug cartel suppliers carrying boxes of weapons to their cars at a Phoenix gun shop. The long boxes shown in the video being loaded in were AK-47-type assault rifles.

So it turns out ATF not only allowed it - they videotaped it.

so they can deny all they want but their own video's proves they knew what was happening... this was no rouge agent this was preplanned

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious to anyone with even half a brain that this came from the top down. It's also pretty obvious that it was being done to put guns in Mexico in an attempt to say, "See, that's why we need more gun control.". It's a false flag that they got caught doing. Prison time for anyone involved. Period!

ATF: Biggest arms smuggler in the United States
DEA: Biggest drug dealer in the United States.

No, there's no problem here. Move along. LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From my cold dead hands

2nd
edit on 30-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just think that if this story stayed under wraps, the administration behind this mess would still be trying to blame "Jims Gun Shop" in BFI for all of the illegal class III weapons in Mexico. Busted!!!

Now its duck and cover mode for a very desperate president and his henchmen. This is not even close being over. This has Holder written all over it.

Stock up and Cache!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Worse still, had this never come to light, the American public would be subject to more "You have a gun, you must be a criminal" mentality from the politicians, the police, and the media.

The remainder of the world will enjoy the characterization by the global media that Americans are all gun freaks (as usual) and the 'globalization' community will use the 'reported' facts as a reason to pressure the US to repeal the 2nd amendment individual right.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It was definitely a false flag but I don't think it was to ban gun sales in america. It was an operation to justify the need for an inflated federal budget for all the alphabet agencies. They help create the problem, then they demand resources from the tax payers to combat the "problem".

Problem, reaction, solution. Just like the "war on drugs" or the "war on terror" bs. Government is way too big and needs false flag attacks to justify its existance and growth. In the meantime wall street and bankers remain unscathed from the whole ordeal because they pay for the politicans we think we elect "to represent us". The elite are making trillions each year from drugs, weapons, interest payments on debt, etc. Normally the people you least expect to be dirty are the dirtiest ones, thats why they manage to fly under the radar.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest... I'm still waiting for the bodies...

you know it's bound to happen... the supposed higher up.... sort of conveniently commits suicide right before he's to give testimony before congress... Was an easy out for Clinton... Put the breaks on the Star investigations real quick...

me.. I'm waiting for the bodies before the Obama Admin gets drug into this mess... a mess of their own making..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

To be perfectly honest... I'm still waiting for the bodies...

Me, too.......and I'm sure we haven't seen the final count of bodies resulting from these guns that are still unaccounted for. Hopefully the latter will only be bodies of cartel members and not innocent people.

This operation is so outrageous that it can't be viewed as anything but an intentional act. I refuse to believe anyone really thought this was a good idea and that the guns would take down entire cartels. How ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
It was definitely a false flag but I don't think it was to ban gun sales in america. It was an operation to justify the need for an inflated federal budget for all the alphabet agencies. They help create the problem, then they demand resources from the tax payers to combat the "problem".

Inflated budgets and more power.

The big problem the ATF is claiming is lacking the power and authority to actually go make the arrests across the border once they facilitated the crime of trafficking.

The agencies want ultimate power to go running through foreign countries rounding people up.

Team America: World Police. Of course they traffic the guns and smuggle the drugs too but that's just a little side business.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I want to know if this is the thing Obama was referring to when he said "something is being worked on behind the scenes" to the Brady person. If so, even he knew, then that man is up the creek. This is a situation where we need to put everybody in a room and no body leaves until the FULL story has been told. The type of info that could be uncovered could explain and answer a lot of things about the inner workings of this country. It would give the evidence needed to legitimately audit every single department looking specifically for corruption and foul play. In turn finally bringing down a few people with too much power and those that may be too big to fail. I think the NRA needs to be heavily involved with this case to keep some people honest.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Inflated budgets and more power.

The big problem the ATF is claiming is lacking the power and authority to actually go make the arrests across the border once they facilitated the crime of trafficking.

The agencies want ultimate power to go running through foreign countries rounding people up.

Team America: World Police. Of course they traffic the guns and smuggle the drugs too but that's just a little side business.

USA agencies have zero authority in mexico or any other country. At most they could alert mexican authorities to make the arrests, but it was claimed that mexico knew NOTHING about this covert operation thus making it a desperate cover story for the atf.

I think mexico ended up sueing the usa, but since america does not recognise the international criminal court at the hague, nothing can be done. Its "just" an embarrasment for the Obama administration.

top topics

join