It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. caught China buying more debt than disclosed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The Chinese Government is continually coming under increased pressure from her citizens because of inflation, jobs and the taste of free market in some of their econmic zones.

The difference between Chinese and American citizens is unreal. That is something which you cannot comprehend unless you understand what culture is. And I'm not talking bull-history that so many Americans have to chew.

What you also fail to understand is that China has existed for WAY longer than America, this alone should tell you something about the culture(and the effectiveness of propaganda).

Because of that, you see foriegn investment leave since they are being screwed, leaving that new market, as well as the infrastructure outside investment created, and China just steps in and continues.

Eventually, these foreign investments will try to get back into China. By then, they will make less because they left in the first place.

Instead of engaging in trade, which is give and take, they want people to give to them, while they take from others.

Maybe that is how you and your fellow Western economists perceive it, but in fact it is something completely different and ingenious.

win win for China.

Of course! And I don't mind, I've been cheering China on since I was 8!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I see what your saying but I think you are missing one element with regards to China. While China can look ahead and do long term planning, they do so based on the assumption the people can be kept in check and under control.

The more priate enterprise China allows, the more wealth that the "common peasenets" accumulate. Looking at China now as opposed to 10 yers ago with cars bears that out.

I think its good politicans should worry about elections. When they dont it means they are not concerned about the people at all, but their own agenda. The more China introduces a free market, or at best a hybrid frree market, they will lose control over the people slowly. So far, they have not adapted any of their plans to that scenario, aside form the old standby of controlling the media and using military force to quash uprisings / revolts.

The Communist party in China is having issues. They recently had almost 2000 communist party members arrested / charged for corruption in the last year. The central government has taken the death penalty option away from local courts and placed it only at the higher levels. All done at the demands of the people.

They are not planning for the people to eventually say we want a different government. Look at Hong Kong then and now and you can see exactly where China is headed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Post removed by me - no point in continuing a debate with you.

In adfdition, dont worry about replying to my posts, as I am done replying to yours. Dont send me any more pvt messages either. You made it clear what you are. Have fun with that all on your own.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

In adfdition, dont worry about replying to my posts, as I am done replying to yours. Dont send me any more pvt messages either. You made it clear what you are. Have fun with that all on your own.

And what would that be, ow almighty geopolitical mind?
(I guess you don't want me guessing either
)

Get over yourself.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Its kind of difficult to compare China buying land in the US, and other countries buying land all over the world except for inside China.

I dont think its uite hypocritical for wanting the same access to China that they have to our markets?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I dont think its uite hypocritical for wanting the same access to China that they have to our markets?

China is smarter than this.

Seeing how the West has pillaged every place they had access to.

Do you still not get it? China is not going to roll over, it's going to MAKE the West roll over. And they WILL use force if need be when the time is there, if the West won't roll over quietly that is. And there is literally, NOTHING that the West can do to stop this. And this is where all the fears come from, because China is treating the West unfair(as China was treated in the past) but the West(romanticized), can't do anything about the unfair treatment(whereas in the past they would invade and enslave the place).

Reality.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

China is smarter than this.

Actually I think they are that stupid. There sense of importance is the equivelant of a person who thinks the world owes him something just because.

Seeing how the West has pillaged every place they had access to.

And how long exactly did China pillage the world prior to the rise of the West? Or are we rewriting history now also to support China?

Do you still not get it? China is not going to roll over, it's going to MAKE the West roll over.

No I get it, as do many others. What China doest get is we arent a communist country, which means we can watch the news without the central government issuing press release and forcing the media to report it. This is evident anytime China has a foriegn visit where they go into overdirve to edit out comments from speeched etc that challenege the planned existance of China.

China is single minded and because of this are stuck on the railroad tracks, gaining speed, and not realising the switch ahead is out. They have no idea who to think on the fly, with no ability to adapt to the unkown until it is known.

And they WILL use force if need be when the time is there, if the West won't roll over quietly that is.

Of course we wont. Thats another flase belief Chain has, that if a wa starts the American people will just roll over to prevent it. Apparently China is quick to forget history and the actions of the American people when other coutries decide to bring war to us.

Or would it have been safer to just allow Japan to keep China after WWII?

And there is literally, NOTHING that the West can do to stop this. And this is where all the fears come from, because China is treating the West unfair(as China was treated in the past) but the West(romanticized), can't do anything about the unfair treatment(whereas in the past they would invade and enslave the place).

Reality.

lol.. and this last statement is EXACTLY why China wont win. While you accuse the west of being overconfident and arrogant, apparently China has a monopoly in that behavior as well.

How dare the west walk away from the Middle Kingdom.....lol

You apparently think China is something its not. You should quit watching their state media and do some research on your own.

If push came to shove, all the US has to do is refuse trade with China, and refuse to pay for items in production. Our economy is deverse enough to get through that.

Chinas is not and thats even more evident when you suggest they would result to war to attain what they think their status is in the world. The icing on the cake is the assumption the Chinese people would go along with it. The Chinese governments thought prodcess that its citizens are stupid and will believe whatever they tell them is akin to playing Russian Roulette with a glock 22.

Also, you shold probably look closer at relations countries have with each other. The assumption that China and the US would be the only 2 countries invoved if China gets froggy is laughable. The assumption support would fall to China is hysterical.

Entertaining post though.

China has done nothing but become highway robbers who act in the middle of the night, and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And how long exactly did China pillage the world prior to the rise of the West? Or are we rewriting history now also to support China?

The point was, that the Chinese have survived a hell of a lot longer and during a hell of a lot more hectic times than the US has ever. (edit)And from this fact alone inspiration can be drawn by every single Chinese person.(edit)

No I get it, as do many others. What China doest get is we arent a communist country, which means we can watch the news without the central government issuing press release and forcing the media to report it.

Actually, as the majority of your news broadcasts are hijacked political statements, I'm lead to believe that this reporting is not unbiased.

This is evident anytime China has a foriegn visit where they go into overdirve to edit out comments from speeched etc that challenege the planned existance of China.

Well, this is authority at work. Do these foreign visitors refuse entry to China because their words will be edited? No, they need to eat.

China is single minded and because of this are stuck on the railroad tracks, gaining speed, and not realising the switch ahead is out.

This is just stupid, sorry.

They have no idea who to think on the fly, with no ability to adapt to the unkown until it is known.

That's actually very much not true. That is why China is how China is today. If they'd not looked forward they'd hold on to their strict communism, but they didn't.

Of course we wont. Thats another flase belief Chain has, that if a wa starts the American people will just roll over to prevent it. Apparently China is quick to forget history and the actions of the American people when other coutries decide to bring war to us.

Nobody has brought war to America yet. And you'll be quick to see how fast these proud gun-toters will surrender, because they have never been brought war. Nobody in the US army today has fought from keeping invaders out of America...let alone civilian gun runners.

Or would it have been safer to just allow Japan to keep China after WWII?

lol.. and this last statement is EXACTLY why China wont win. While you accuse the west of being overconfident and arrogant, apparently China has a monopoly in that behavior as well.

Actually, China has remained quiet for a long time until they got their foot through the door. That foot is turning into half a leg, a leg, half a body, etc etc. While the West is stood there saying; "Hah, bet you can't come further."

You apparently think China is something its not. You should quit watching their state media and do some research on your own.

I don't watch Chinese state media

Also, you shold probably look closer at relations countries have with each other. The assumption that China and the US would be the only 2 countries invoved if China gets froggy is laughable. The assumption support would fall to China is hysterical.

I did not say that (and it might be interesting, but this is another argument commonly used by you know who when arguing China's economic situation), but, you can rest assured that the economies that rely on the American will have a tougher time recuperating than the ones that rely on the Chinese. This is inevitable as China is a rising power and America is a falling one. From the top of your head, what are major American products?(cars that nobody is buying? Military goods made by prisoners?)

China has done nothing but become highway robbers who act in the middle of the night, and nothing more.

As time progresses they will get louder and louder though. My guess is once they are through that door, they will start barking orders. Much like the colonialists have done in the past.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Zamini because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I personally have no issues with that as long as that equates to more American Jobs.

Which generates tax revenue which in turn lessons our need for deficit spending etc. If a few fat cats over in Utah are loading up their pockets and personal accounts at the expense of the "Little Guy" American Tax payer then that amount of business between Utah and China or [Any other State] needs to be investigated IMHO.
edit on 30-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have no problem with job growth either, I have a problem with political involvement as they become able to buy politicians while getting into states natural resources, something China is doing all over the world, we are also having a migration issue here, with Chinese women coming into the US (with legal visas) to have America Chinese babies.

But rather than importing poverty like we get with migration from the south the Chinese coming to deliver their babies in the US are from the emerging middle class with money to burn.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

This is inevitable as China is a rising power and America is a falling one. From the top of your head, what are major American products?(cars that nobody is buying? Military goods made by prisoners?)

Actually our prisoners are unemployed and not making goods for our military/Federal Government anymore.

It's all made in China. Next time you look at a US Government license plate...look closely. It now has an expiration date. So you have to buy a new license plate for that Government vehicle from China.

China owns the United States now. We could never go to war with them. If they stopped ships of goods from going to the US....we wouldn't be able to fight them for long. For example...ain't nobody making tires in America anymore. The big American saying "Lets Roll"...would be hard to say without Chinese tires to get rolling.

If Congress extends the debt limit...The Rothchilds and world Bankers will keep selling debt to China...undermining our countries.....if Congress fails to extend the debt limit.....that means we're going to war with China right now...and they know it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join