It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason why there is no pictures of the poles?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by Signals

Damn for that kind of research work you must have a Nobel prize.. I used to think your post were credible but thanks for proving me wrong it good to know who I can and who I cannot trust.

Actually the only way to win a Nobel prize is to ramp up kinetic military action, and bomb innocent people back to the stone age, in the name of Humanitarian Aid. I haven't been a part of that so I doubt my award chances.

Surely you picked up on the sarcasm, I just can't undserstand the intent of this thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Arbitrageur

In fact, the gravitational maps of the Earth show nothing of the sort:

Yes, that was sort of the point of my asking the question.

However I'll also allow for the possibility that the OP has seen a gravitational map I haven't seen, so I thought I'd ask first.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Sorry I'm on iPad so it's not easy. I might have confused that with diagrams of earth magnetic field.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That's the south pole. It's covered in an ice cap. If there was a hole you may notice a Towards the physical marker (pole)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I guess I was looking for a physical explanation for why an orbital path of a satellite can't wonder past the pole thus creating a retrograde motion. Does this have anything to do with the Coriolis effect?

Also, there is nothing to photograph at the North Pole,
I assume you meant nothing of military interest because I find satellite images of Earth very interesting including the poles. But, I understand your point.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Sorry I'm on iPad so it's not easy. I might have confused that with diagrams of earth magnetic field.
Are you suggesting that iPads suck? The commercials make them look like the best thing since sliced bread but I had my doubts, though I've never used one, nor am I that eager to try.

The magnetic field maps show one pole is an "innie" and the other is an "outie", but this isn't related to gravity, contrary to the claims of some people who throw around the term "electrogravitics".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

It's not necessarily that no satellites do that, it's that the two main kinds of satellites that do don't provide publicly available images:

1) Surveillance satellites are often launched into polar orbits, but, of course, surveillance photos are often classified. For example, the USAF has the Defense Meteorological Satellites Program, which were launched into sun-synchronous, near-polar (~99-degree inclination) orbits. During the Cold War, these were used for surveillance, but, now, they fall into the second category...

2) Meteorological satellites typically have near-polar orbits, but the problem in this case is that they don't typically take photos. They are most often equipped with gamma-ray detectors, magnetometers, and other equipment to measure atmospheric phenomenon, but are not equipped with cameras.

And this is the main purpose for a polar orbit: measurements of atmosphere and magnetosphere conditions. Visually, there is nothing for a satellite to observe (ice boundaries can be monitored from the ground and from near-polar orbits, and ice thickness at the pole is monitored from the ground), so satellites equipped with such instrumentation are few and far between. Which is why satellite photos of the North Pole are few and far between - but, unlike Santa Claus, they do exist.

There's no physical reason for the inability to establish any sort of polar orbit... it's just not usually profitable, unless its for non-photographic purposes or for top-secret surveillance.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ok lets say that there are holes at our poles. Why wouldn't we be told this long ago? Are there secret portals? I've seen the video about Byrd but who knows how true that is.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

Hollow Earth Theory?
Ah I remember the good old days of 'Hollow Earth', I was big on that one when I first got into conspiracy sites. I would spend hours trying to find images of the poles from satellies, and they would always come up with a black dot over the poles. Then after reading Admiral Byrds story about going to Agartha and living with the giants with the inner sun, I got really sucked into it.

What ever happened to Brooks Agnews investigation? Was that the scam of the century? I was so hyped up about that, there was supposed to be a trip to the North Pole in a Russian nuclear ice-breaker, and they would bring thermal, visible light, infrared, and just about every high-tech camera to document the inner earth. It was planned for August of 2007 if I remember correctly, and I haven't heard anything since. Probably because of a few possibilites:
--A lack of funding -- 49.9% chance
--They went to the North Pole and found nothing-- 49.9% chance
--They went there, and found the magical giant world and stayed there instead of coming back -- .01% chance
--They were on there way either there or back, and the government killed them to keep it quiet -- .01% chance

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
What ever happened to Brooks Agnews investigation? Was that the scam of the century?.. Probably because of a few possibilites:
--A lack of funding -- 49.9% chance
Scam of the century? apparently so. He apparently lied about his credentials as discovered in a due diligence investigation:

pesn.com...

Apparently the school where he claims to have earned his PhD in physics, Tennesee Tech, never offered any such degree program. So when someone lies about something as basic and simple as their education, there is more than ample reason to doubt everything they say.

This was uploaded in Early 2010 and they hadn't gone yet:

2012 & North Pole ~ Hollow Earth Expedition Pt.1/8

Kind of a crock but it's entertaining to hear someone make such wild claims with a straight face and even stranger still that some people might believe it. And I doubt they have gone, or will go. I saw one of the crew he had "lined up" was the filmmaker/hoaxer Jose Escamilla.

My favorite question in the interview was when Noory asked Agnew if he sailed into the inner Earth, how was he going to get out? Agnew admitted that the company he'd lease the ship from, wouldn't be happy if he didn't return it. I LOLed at that one.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Just saw the thread about the quasar and it put a strange idea in my head.

What if at the poles there is an antigravity effect? Diagrams of earths gravitational field seem to suggest this. It would also explain the rumors of a "hole" in to the earth. Also there was a thread about water jets being shot out from a.. Star? I think it was a star? It look like these jets were coming from the poles as well. Thoughts?
edit on 29-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

If you had read the article about the star the water wastn't actually shooting out of the star, it was around the star and it was jettisoned away from the star by the phenomenon you were describing, but it didn't actually dome from the star itself.

There is a hole in the earths atmosphere I never heard of a hole in the earth. But what your not realizing the earth isn't undergoing the same chmical reactions to produce heat and thus the massive jets you speak of. i also don't believe the earth is as massive.

However, i do believe it could be used to explain the hole in the ozone, and the aurora lights at the north pole, perhaps, but there is certainly gravity at the poles. Also, the stars and quasars of which you speak are not made of solids, they are made of gasses that are most likely in a plasma state becasue of the hear of the stars. Undergoing fission oand fussion thus are rotating about.

Earth is a solid with a layer of very cool and inactive gas when compared with a star. So your pricipal while correct does not affect all mediums the same way.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Haha, yeah I signed up to that expedition because taking infra red cameras to the NP intrigued me. I never heard back. Probably cos I didn't have the hundred thousand dollar deposit. What's really at the North pole intrigues me - something it would be cool to see, even if it is just baron ice
Did Byrd really encounter that? If I ever saw a genuine copy of his "secret diary" I would Indiana Jones my way to the NP and find out. It's silly, but it's one of the nicer myths. Surely someone can just astral project themselves and check the NP out for us? LOL

edit on 30-6-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

well nothing is as it seams//...lol maybe not a good source but an interesting read.....
www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The only images I've ever been interested concerning the poles are the incredible atmospheric optic displays that sometimes occur due to the perfectly formed diamond dust type ice crystals that form in the frigid atmosphere.

While I've seen some of these arcs and halos in my temperate clime, I've cataloged many of these; supralateral, circumhorizon, circumzenith, parhelia, and parhelic circle, but I can only dream of seeing a Tricker, diffuse, Wegener or sub-helic arc among others!

Sunwards display

Antisolar view

Looking straight up

edit on 6/30/2011 by czygyny because: I forgot something

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

There are also holes on mars and saturn..I've been there.

I dont know about holes at the poles of Mars and Saturn, but I heard Uranus has a huge hole!!!

And thats actually where brown dwarfs come from!

edit on 29-6-2011 by Talltexxxan because: quote added

Classic!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
What about all the explorers and scientists who have gone to both places? There is no giant hole when they go there.

The Crab people cover up the holes with a big blanket and throw some snow on top for camo when they see people coming. duuurrhhh

This was a interesting thread about google earth or was it nasa pic being smudged out or weird fog i can't remember

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

In fact, the gravitational maps of the Earth show nothing of the sort:

If I move to a blue area will I lose weight?

What? its a valid question!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

please explain this

Yes, please explain to me why there are TWO US flags planted there?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

please stick to the topic - which was " reason there are no pictures of the poles ? "

the pic i posted [ as have others ] shows that pics of both poles do infact exist

that is all if you want to discuss the significance of flag placement at the south pole - might i suggetst a new thread .

PS - you will get more stars and flags if your OP makes wild blaims of conspiracy and statanic symbolism - PPS dont forget to mention nazis

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Listen- Ignorant ape.

I am in now way obligated to reply to the OP alone. Simply put, I can reply to anything and anyone in this thread.
I noticed something in your photo, and thought I might bring it up.

You really need to lighten up. Come on- you're gonna cause yourself a heart attack or something.

But, seeing that you have hi-jacked this thread... I'll just find a thread a little less uptight to entertain myself with.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join