It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania passes castle doctrine into law, expands citizens gun rights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.fox43.com...

"HARRISBURG, DAUPHIN COUNTY—
Governor Tom Corbett has signed an expansion of the so called "Castle Doctrine" into law. The law widens an individuals right to use deadly force in self-defense in Pennsylvania. The Governor signed the bill during a private ceremony in his office at the State Capitol. The State Senate passed the measure last week. Under the new law an individual has the right to use a gun or other deadly force in self-defense in situations outside a person's home or business. Last year, former Governor Ed Rendell vetoed the same bill just before leaving office. The measure was reintroduced in a GOP dominated State House and Senate.

Under the old law, the use of deadly force is not justifiable if the person can safely retreat, except when the threat is made inside his or her home or business. The legislation also limits certain civil liability in some cases for people who act within the guidelines."

Score one for the little guy. This measure was passed all the way up to the previous governor who vetoed it. There were a number of police against this bill saying people would just shoot each other for no reason. I say to that we already have a large population of concealed carry permit holders in PA, and if all hell was gonna break loose it already would have. This law gives the law abiding citizen more leeway in protecting themselves, there friends, there family, and in the case of civilian sheepdogs the general public.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Go us!

I knew I loved this state for some reason... now if we only would secede

Maybe tommorow

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Way to go PA. Wish NY could rid itself of NYC where people have no clue of reality. They like big brother. Upstaters on the other hand know that the only means of living well, is to take care of oneself -not suck ones thumb, crying for mamma to feed and defend you. Florida has a great gun law too!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Go us!

Maybe tommorow

har! I got 2 good reasons to love PA along with this one
1. We got Amish country!! in a SHTF situation, thats where I'm goin

2. We got the best chocolate
Hershey's and Boyer's

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
We here in missouri have the Castle Doctrine in law here too. I am glad we have it and will stand beside it any day of the week! It is solid legislation and should be passed in every state.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by morder1
Go us!

Maybe tommorow

har! I got 2 good reasons to love PA along with this one
1. We got Amish country!! in a SHTF situation, thats where I'm goin

2. We got the best chocolate
Hershey's and Boyer's

You're dam skippy! The Amish are going to be the Jetsons after SHTF. Those folks are going to run this country someday!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They said the same thing in Florida which had the castle doctrine before concealed carry. They passed a law a few years ago where you don't have to retreat period, even in public places. And we don't have any increased shootings. Quite the opposite, people know that the law exists and criminals don't like being shot.

ETA: Florida Gun Laws
crime.about.com...
edit on 28/6/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

And another State adopts a common sense law. This is the way we do it Folks. Slow and Steady wins the race.

To bad there isn't a WooHoo! icon.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

And another State adopts a common sense law. This is the way we do it Folks. Slow and Steady wins the race.

To bad there isn't a WooHoo! icon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eac6d3f8f3f.gif[/atsimg]
Just for you!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm all for this and good on that Gov for bringing the bill back and signing it! Good job PA

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

that will fix crime

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OK. PA!!!!

Glad to be a resident of the Keystone State!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Excellent, this is a good start, now how do we get this to the other 49 states? By the way, the cops are nervous about this because it will make them more cautious before invading anyones home, which is good because maybe they wont make the mistake of intruding on the wrong house anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is great news, I know some people i would like to invite over to my house and shoot them. With this law it looks like i can get away with it. Woot go PA

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
One more reason to add to the list of why I love to live in this state

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
wonder if the law pertains defending yourself from police?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
wonder if the law pertains defending yourself from police?

WOW thats a frightening thought...

Now we can help them out, if they're overwhelmed.

Just remember always triple tap to be sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I use to like Eddie Rendell, I am not for or against gambling in PA.
Anyone remember how Mr. Rendell called that female reporter stupid or somthing for questioning the ethics of legalizing gambling in PA?

He basically was saying people are going to gamble regaurdless, why not keep some of that money in our state, wich I agree with. On the other hand if I am not mistaken Mr. Rendell is a gun control advocate.

Its just a good example of the hypocracy, of taking a stance on one thing and being the complete opposite on another.

new topics

top topics

join