It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Service Annoucement ----- Do not leave your dog unattended ever!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you for this thread. I once called and reported a family that left their puppy tied to a tree in a field up here in 100 degree heat last summer. When I walked up near this pup he had no food, no water, and no good shelter. He was removed from the family that afternoon, and when the sheriff said they would have to take him to the shelter, I fostered him till I found a good family for him. So please never hesitate to step in on an animal's behalf!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Personally I am going to worry about my own pets, and let others worry about theirs.
If I see one that is in danger, I will try to fix it. I will not call the cops.

Well in my case, I did knock on their door and they shut it in my face. That didn't stop me though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

This is completely wrong and doesn't apply to raising your children either. If what you do harms your children or pets we have the obligation to step in and put a stop to it.

YES! You are SO correct.

The government MUST have laws and regulations that tell us exactly what we should do in EVERY SITUATION. If we do not obey these regulations and laws it is EVERYONE'S obligation to REPORT THEIR NEIGHBOR!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

You are a hero and a angel..........you got involved and that took guts.

I've proudly added you as a friend.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bf38bb62cc0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

If I see someone weaker than me being bullied, I'm going to step up and defend them and contact the proper authorities.

No, I've seen and smelled people do stuff that our "laws" consider "illegal" but not really hurting anyone and I would not report them.

But, seeing someone or any entity being abused or neglected that could result in physical damage or death requires action.

You're response twisted a heroic deed into something evil.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Absolutely good advice.

I never believed in crates, with our Odie and all my other dogs they had the run of the house because they were never destructive and perfectly potty broke.

But with Lucy, she was a puppy mill breeder dog for so long (six years) they told us we needed a crate to make her feel comfortable.

During the day we now are able to keep the crate closed.

She has two big Kong dog beds (brown & green ones). The one remains in her crate and the other one sits right outside her crate for when the crate door is closed so she doesn't go back into her shell and become a recluse.

I'm home most days so she now lays by my side in my office.

But, if she's feeling particularly stressed like we have some people over or every night right after her walk at 7:00 PM, We open up her crate and she retires for the evening there. She sleeps in her crate every night.

We had to wait a few weeks for her to adjust to living in a normal house - for the first three or four weeks we allowed her to remain in her crate as being a prison puppy that was all she had ever known.

Now we go outside and play, sit in the shade and talk, go for walks, she's making friends with everyone in the neighborhood and she has the run of the house and is now comfortable with being on her outside day bed and her crate door shut during the day.

If we leave, my son is usually home but we don't have to worry, she is comfortable outside her crate now and lays on her outside bed that sits infront of her crate.

BTW: Lucy is not distructive, perfectly potty broke, doesn't even get up on the furniture..........she is a perfect lady, my little Lucy, my little Georgia Peach.

Her only fault is she is camera shy, she gives me a dirty look and runs and hides if I bring our camera out.

Which is a shame because she is such a pretty girl.

Our Odie who passed away a year ago this July 19 was a camera ham, once he saw that camera come out he would pose.

Lucy is a shy little lady, so I try to respect that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a356f0ca72f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 30-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added picture

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join