It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Service Annoucement ----- Do not leave your dog unattended ever!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206
reply to post by blackrain17

Yeah I think that would be the other way around, but you would be more then welcome to try.

Your name is quite fitting...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

I agree, dogs are not only innocent but also very loyal and non-judgemental. They don't back stab each other or manipulate their own kind to feed their egos...
edit on 29-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yes i keep the vehicle running,im always within reach,the e break is on,locked,The dog stays in back due to training,the only time he would hit the front seat is if someone rather than me tried to get in and he will hold them usually without breaking the skin depending on amount of resistance.And ive trained dogs for the police ,military,and very few private citizens for over 20 years,The dont love.they learn dependence.And just to put it out there i train with positive= reward/negative= shock(not always mild)no choke ,or pinch.These are not typical family pets.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Originally posted by BrianDamage

You do know that dogs live outside don't you? They don't depend on you 100%, they can live without you hold their hands (paw) all the time.

Don't assume all dogs are outside dogs. There are dogs that can't live outside and may get killed by coyotes or predatory birds...

Then they are a valid link in the food chain, Coyotes and birds gotta eat too.

But isn't that just nature taking its course? Animals kill to eat, they don't care if it's your family pet or not they just see lunch.

I really shouldn't feed the trolls but if nature were to really take it's course, you two would be the first to be on my dinner plate...

What is your definition of a troll?
Someone with a different opinion to yourself?
My opinion is that I don't agree with the domestication of animals.
My opinion is that working animals are an exception.
My opinion is that animals should be left in their natural habitat to live and evolve the way that nature dictates.
The fact that there are breeds of dogs that would not not survive in the wild now due to human intervention is not an excuse to carry on the practice, humans have basically created breeds of dogs that are totally dependant on humans for their basic survival, am I the only one that feels this is wrong?
I am not being a troll, I just don't agree with your view point.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by spacedonk

Yes and the conspiracy is against man's best friend.................how about you lock yourself up in a car wearing a coat with no air or water for one hour.

Then report back how you felt?

This was meant to as a service annoucement to remind people that animals, are not things, not trophies, not living toys to be toted around but living entities that deserve respect, love and care.

Don't like the thread than leave, shouldn't have come here in the first place - go elsewhere your choice was to come to this thread.

And it's a better one than many.

**** Also If anyone has a dog in the garage, be careful, and make sure the antifreeze is stored really out of reach, lock it up if possible..............many dogs drink it and die this time of year.

Negligent owners of dogs does not a conspiracy make. there is NO conspiracy angle to this, unless you had maybe said:

'A public Service announcement--------- how you treat your pet is a reflection of your position in society.' Perhaps have used the care of dogs as the example for your point and discuss whether people are willfully cruel and negligent or just stupid and thoughtless. In addition this would have prompted people to think about the treatment of their animals and could have been the foundation for a spirited wider discussion about the human condition and the cause of differences in how individuals and sections of society treat others.

As it is, quite frankly, you sound a bit barmy. In the nicest way possible. Not someone mean or horrible or threatening or dangerous, just someone that is a little dog obsessed
My dogs are a part of our family and we keep them for the benefit of our children. They come waaaaaaaaayyyy down the pecking order and do not command our schedule to be worked around theirs - they have to fit in with us.

All well and good to remind people of petcare, but as I mentioned maybe there are other forums on the net to make this point. Further maybe a news story could have been the launchpad for the thread like this story from the UK about a copper who left his workdogs in the car and they died and allegedly this had happened to him before, which is outrageous.

I hope you don't think I am being mean? I certainly sounded it, did not want to be, it's just so frustrating to see the amount of guff that gets posted here that is Off Topic, there is BTS for that surely.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

Have you ever owned a dog?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

For a guy that's complaining about this thread. You sure have plenty of time responding in it... You really don't need to read all the threads.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Wow, so you have actual working cattle dogs.

I've watched TV shows showing them, very clever. Most are border collies and they are suppose to be the smartest dogs around.

When we take Lucy out on walks she points real nice to where all the critters are hiding............she's found a turtle, squirrels, rabbits, ducks and even a raccoon.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Courtesy of reply and acknowledgement costs nothing

As I am to you. Point taken though, enjoy your chat.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We had a family pet dog when I was a child, and yes, she was lovely.
But, I certainly wouldn't have any pet at all now for the reasons I've already outlined.
I think it's selfish and unfair.
I would much rather observe animals in their natural habitat behaving in the ways they are meant to behave.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
some poor dogs are "outside" dogs. I feel for them, for many of them are simply tied to a spot so long that they walk on the grass until it is nothing but a dirt circle. They are lucky if they have a dog house. Many people love them as puppies but then neglect and forget about them once they are adult dogs.

If we tried to invent the cruelest punishment for dogs, we probably couldn't come up with anything worse than "solitary confinement" on a chain or in a kennel

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yea? The natural habitat that us humans have spent the last millennia altering to our liking or destroying for.our profits, sorry, but what natural habitat were you referring to.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Your right, if he doesn't like this post why keep hanging around?

He should move onto another thread that is more interesting to him.

Something about abused / neglected dogs seems to set him off?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sadly this doesn't just limit itself to dogs and other pets, kids are "regularly" left to die inside steaming hot cars also..

Stupidity and total lack of common sense seems to rule nowadays..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Another reason that I bring my dog with me when I travel is for human socialization, dogs are sensitive to change in some cases and if they only know their family they are sometime rambunctious (spelling?) Or even violent. The more people your dog can interact with the less likely it will be violent towards people or over playful as my dog is.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Haha, this should be your last post, what a wonderful number.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Yea? The natural habitat that us humans have spent the last millennia altering to our liking or destroying for.our profits, sorry, but what natural habitat were you referring to.

Your right, but shouldn't we be trying to reverse the damage instead of moulding more and more speicies to our liking?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You missed one.....

Coyotes are snacking on pouches who are left unattended and that goes for your cats and children too!

When you see the "Dog/Cat missing signs posted all over the neighborhood the animal has probably been eaten.

Kelly Keen age 3 was killed by a coyote in her front yard in Glendale CA. in August of 1981. The city responded with a trapping porgram. Actually two. Summary of trapping program within City of Glendale, September 1, 1981 - January 31, 1982. 103 coyotes taken in 80 days.

RESULTS
During the 80-day program within a one-half mile radius of the Keen residence, a total
of 55 coyotes were taken. A daily average of 20 traps and 5 private property locations were monitored
each day. No dogs or other nontarget species were trapped. No free-running fogs were observed at any
time within the entire area. digitalcommons.unl.edu...=%22coyote%20attacks%20city%20police%20poison%20radius% 22

Just a few of the collected news reports from the website Reported Coyote Attacks on Children

2/11/10 Coyote attacks New Brunswick woman.
A New Brunswick woman who wrestled with a coyote Wednesday was still shaken hours afterwards but managed to walk away needing only a tetanus shot and a bandage.

Marie Simon of Saint-Charles, near Richibucto, said she went into her backyard about 2:30 a.m. to let her puppy Sampson out.

"He started pulling to go back in the house," Simon said. "I thought it was just a puppy thing, and I heard a snarl and I turned around and I thought it was just a dog and ended up it was coming right at me. All I could see was teeth."

1/27/10 GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Police in Westchester County are looking for a coyote that has attacked twice. The first incident involved a woman walking on a trail. The second involved a pit bull. Both attacks happened in the town of Greenburgh. What began as a leisurely afternoon stroll through a local wooded park ended in a shockingly violent and unexpected attack.

10/28/9 Cape Breton park. Toronto singer killed by coyotes.
Taylor Mitchell, a 19-year-old Toronto singer whose debut album was released in March, has died in a Nova Scotia hospital after being mauled by coyotes in a Cape Breton park.
Mitchell was hiking Tuesday on the Skyline Trail in Cape Breton Highlands National Park when she was attacked by two coyotes. Another hiker, who was walking nearby, heard her cries for help and called 911.

5/8/8 Lake Arrowhead, CA Coyote Drags Toddler From Front Yard. Animal Releases 2-Year-Old Girl When Mom Appears; 3rd Incident In 5 Days. A coyote grabbed a 2-year-old girl by the head and tried to drag her from the front yard of her mountain home in the third incident of a coyote threatening a small child in Southern California in five days, authorities said.
The coyote attacked the girl around noon Tuesday when her mother, Melissa Rowley, went inside the home for a moment to put away a camera, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said in an incident report.
Rowley came out of the house and saw the coyote dragging her daughter toward a street.

12/24/7 Erie, CO --- Woman bitten, two dogs dead after coyote attack. On Christmas Eve, Janice Shattuck and her family had to have their dog "Lola," a 3-year-old Maltese, euphemized. Earlier in the morning, another of their dogs "Eddie," a 9-year-old Jack Russell Terrier/Shih Tzu mix, died after being attacked by coyotes.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

First we would need massive population decrease, what do you the the purpose of getting every society to go against its government is, but this is a discussion for another thread in another forum. I agree we should reverse it but I don't believe the general population will agree with the merhod. Humans will never change fundamentally. As long as "we were made in his image" exist, many will believe they are like HIM.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

We had a family pet dog when I was a child, and yes, she was lovely.
But, I certainly wouldn't have any pet at all now for the reasons I've already outlined.
I think it's selfish and unfair.
I would much rather observe animals in their natural habitat behaving in the ways they are meant to behave.

So you've never owned a dog personally. You've just been around your family's dog. Therefore, never owning a dog and having an opinion other than actual dog owners make you a troll.

Anyway, I do agree with you that animals should be left alone in their natural habitat but dogs are different. And don't give that crap about well it's natures way of feeding its own BS. Like I said, if that were the case, I'd be eating people like you instead of going to the market for food.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join