It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to the soul of a frontal-lobotomy patient?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First off, I firmly believe that we are spiritual beings. I've discovered that a lot of the mentally disabled, such as those who suffer from cerebral palsy, are like prisoners in their own body. They've got a soul just as alive as anyone, they just can't express themselves because their motor and language skills are very limited. God bless them. This led me to think about something I've pondered about in the back of my mind for a long time. What happened to the frontal-lobotomy patient's souls? Were they effected? Were they discarded into oblivion after they passed away? Those people became shells, dead men and women walking. Any insightful opinions or speculations?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's still there, but it's ability to control the body is severely impaired.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok you can split you soul energy into 2 body's and incarnate at the same time. I believe that when someone incarnates in a mentally disabled body for a long life, they have only came with a little energy and is most likely somewhere else in a perfectly fine body as well. The reason they incarnated in a disabled body is to help someone else with there life lessons, as it effects the people around you a great deal to help that person and even onlookers gain something form seeing a brain damaged person.

If suddenly you go into a coma an come out only remembering dreams, I believe you where on the other side with you soul group, but wont remember again until you die.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've always wondered the same thing with people who have alzhiemers or no brain activity after a car crash etc...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Nothing 1 would think as the soul still can operate from its location... The 3d suit has been modified not the soul.
Maybe it will be REBORN AGAIN if shell too damaged.
Be well

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Interesting thread allthough I wasn't aware a soul could be damaged. In my own optimistic belief, I see my soul and my body as energy, and since energy cannot be created or destroyed, I have decided that even If I die, my energy will be alive and well disbursed throughout the universe or just earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by foundthetruth
Ok you can split you soul energy into 2 body's and incarnate at the same time. I believe that when someone incarnates in a mentally disabled body for a long life, they have only came with a little energy and is most likely somewhere else in a perfectly fine body as well. The reason they incarnated in a disabled body is to help someone else with there life lessons, as it effects the people around you a great deal to help that person and even onlookers gain something form seeing a brain damaged person.

If suddenly you go into a coma an come out only remembering dreams, I believe you where on the other side with you soul group, but wont remember again until you die.

Definitely an interesting perspective when you consider soulmates, dopplegangers, identical twins, and the like. Maybe in another place my other 'self' is a mirror lol, some close-minded, workaholic, fatass sheep eating Mcdic's somewhere..

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They end up on America's Got Talent?

2nd

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Aren't you confusing "soul" with consciousness

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Whose to say they are mutually exclusive ideas??
Does a conscious mind not reside in or remain with the soul?
Is a sentient consciousness a conduit for the soul?

edit on 28-6-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Definitely interesting if you consider your mirror reflection as a double....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very odd, this is the second thread I have come across where the belief that the brain and the soul are together. The brain does not house the soul, and the ability to rationalize is not based on the soul. The Soul is the Heart, the feelings, the emotions; these things exist with or without the brain even if the person is in a coma or vegetative state.

The Soul is not a thinking, reasoning apparatus; it is the emotional expression of Love coupled with a need to nurture Life. The Soul seeks out the body in which to express itself; sometimes it is trapped for a time but it is never short of a lesson of futility.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Uh nope. I meant soul when I said it. If I meant consciousness I would have said consciousness.

edit on 28-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am conscious and I dont have a soul.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I believe the soul is still there, it just cannot express itself. Kind of sleep paralysis... you're conscious but you cannot speak or move or make yourself wake up.

link   
I believe the soul is still there, it just cannot express itself. Kind of like sleep paralysis... you're conscious but you cannot speak or move or make yourself wake up.

link   
I believe the soul is still there, it just cannot express itself. Kind of like sleep paralysis... you're conscious but you cannot speak or move or make yourself wake up.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wonder if a soul being placed in these "bodies" could be some kind of divine lesson. Like a jail, humbling you to realize what is it all about, after spending a short lifetime without "normal" abilities etc...that we take for granted.

Provided one believes in all that stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wonder if a soul being placed in these "bodies" could be some kind of divine lesson. Like a jail, humbling you to realize what is it all about, after spending a short lifetime without "normal" abilities etc...that we take for granted.

Provided one believes in all that stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If I were God they'd go directly to heaven.

There is no excuse for such butchery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join