It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NASA Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
30 minutes ago:

#FRR-Cylindrical object is an unexplained anomaly. Foreign object debris Inspections & risk assessment show low likelihood for STS-135.

35 minutes ago:

#FRR-STS-134 SRB camera showed a cylindrical object after tank separation. Unknown if it was a large far-away object or small close object.

anyone got screeshots or maybe recorded NASA TV stream?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i don't care anymore, you guys are chasing lights and balloons. if there are aliens we might be them and we won't ever find out because we are looking for something that isn't out there.but rather in here.

i don't even know why we ever started down this road in the first place, why would a UFO need to be aerodynamic? there's no friction in space, the only reason our spacecraft are so aerodynamic is because we start from the ground. if i were smart enough to build a ship the size of a small planet to travel to other galaxies, i would have built it in space, it would be whatever shape i could fit the most people and resources in. it might be a huge cube like the borg, and when i got to the planet i was headed to i wouldn't need scout ships and whatnot i could just teleport down to the surface or use imaging to gain all the information i needed to know about the place.

i wouldn't send down ships with bright flashing lights that is shaped like an egg, or a wedge or a wing or a disc, and i certainly wouldn't show myself to the moron civilization so far underdeveloped in comparison to myself they are likely to try and kill me were they ever to see me, that is if they didn't flip their wigs and go killing themselves at the terror that my presence must evoke in them.
edit on 28-6-2011 by abcddcba because: needed more rant.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
just more rubbish fliyng about

www.spaceflightnow.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

Well NASA had o evacuate the ISS a few hours ago. Debris was spotted heading for the station, and missed by about 800 feet.

Maybe thats what they are refering to.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Well NASA had o evacuate the ISS a few hours ago. Debris was spotted heading for the station, and missed by about 800 feet.

Evacuate the ISS?
Where to exactly?

I really hope it's those automatic life saving pods, like in the movies.... though I find it hard to believe.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

Evacuate the ISS?
Where to exactly?

I really hope it's those automatic life saving pods, like in the movies.... though I find it hard to believe.

Peace

They had all crew members man the 2 escape capsules until they confirmed it would not hit the station.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Amazing! So it is (sort of) like in the movies!

Well, in the movies you almost always hear about the escape capsules when you really need them and all work just fine (except when it doesn't).

Anyway, now I'm curious about two things:
1- how do they actually work? ...as in "it's not that easy to just dive back to Earth in a hurry".
2- have they ever tested the freaking thing?

hmmm

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Its two Soyuz pods. Nothing fancy or new.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by abcddcba

well there are lots of things i would do differently to you, as i am certain there are things 'they' would do differently to us. since when were aliens regardless of if they visit earth suppose to think the same as one human being on earth?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abcddcba
i don't care anymore, you guys are chasing lights and balloons. if there are aliens we might be them and we won't ever find out because we are looking for something that isn't out there.but rather in here.

i don't even know why we ever started down this road in the first place, why would a UFO need to be aerodynamic? there's no friction in space, the only reason our spacecraft are so aerodynamic is because we start from the ground. if i were smart enough to build a ship the size of a small planet to travel to other galaxies, i would have built it in space, it would be whatever shape i could fit the most people and resources in. it might be a huge cube like the borg, and when i got to the planet i was headed to i wouldn't need scout ships and whatnot i could just teleport down to the surface or use imaging to gain all the information i needed to know about the place.

i wouldn't send down ships with bright flashing lights that is shaped like an egg, or a wedge or a wing or a disc, and i certainly wouldn't show myself to the moron civilization so far underdeveloped in comparison to myself they are likely to try and kill me were they ever to see me, that is if they didn't flip their wigs and go killing themselves at the terror that my presence must evoke in them.

I think you have nailed the entire ET/UFO topic in this post! Bravo!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

True but isn't this a conspiracy theory website? Its fantasy and escapism. Your post kind of took all of the fun out of the thread...but I kind of agree(we are the aliens). Man lol @ chasing lights and balloons.

In regards to the OP I wish NASA would include clearer video feed from the ISS. I wish we could see the NEOs as clear as they can. I know there is video feed that they show to the public but there has to be clearer imaging than what we are being given.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Unknown Cylindrical Object

If it is a simple debris lost in space, it would have to be enough simple to characterize the satellite to which an object of this anomalous shape belongs.

If it is a simple spoace debis..........

edit on 30-6-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic

........ I wish NASA would include clearer video feed from the ISS........

It is amazing how pee poor the video quality is on the ISS Live Stream...plus they only turn it on for short periods.

Right now they don't even have it turned on. I wonder if the Russians have their own Live Stream/camera on the ISS we could watch????

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hit the nail right on the head.
I'd like to take you out to drink, your choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Here is the video

some say it's a ufo under cover

it is strange that they never identified it

The six-member crew aboard the International Space Station took shelter in their Soyuz lifeboats Tuesday morning after NASA learned about a piece of orbital debris that was heading uncomfortably close to the outpost.

Typically, the space station will maneuver out of the way if any debris will pass within a predetermined safety zone, but there wasn’t time to orchestrate any moves Tuesday. Instead, NASA told the crew to head to the two Russian Soyuz capsules parked at the station.

About 20 minutes before the unidentified object was predicted to make its closest approach to the station, commander Andrey Borisenko, Alexander Samokutyaev and Ronald Garan climbed inside the Soyuz TMA-21 spacecraft docked to the Poisk module, and Sergei Volkov, Satoshi Furukawa and Michael Fossum headed toward the Soyuz TMA-02M docked to the Rassvet module

______beforeitsnews/story/762/188/ISS_On_Alert_UFO_Nearly_Hits_Space_Station_250_Meters_Away..html

new topics

top topics

join