It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with ATS Media area? (Admin)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This glitch is frustrating and enough to make this photographer wanna cry. At least I can provide a link to Flickr.

So why would the Media center and the regular profile have differing stats on friends and such? I still think that is somehow connected to the problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny
This glitch is frustrating and enough to make this photographer wanna cry. At least I can provide a link to Flickr.

So why would the Media center and the regular profile have differing stats on friends and such? I still think that is somehow connected to the problem.

There is no problem...it is all in your head...you are incapable of efficiently operating you PC!

Thats how I feel at the moment...and if I could get away with it I would post some of the U2U's I have to help my case along...apparently the problem only exists in the realm of the 6th dimension and anyone who says otherwise is incapable of proficiently operating a PC...and needs to seek immediate training in computer programing.

It's a mess friend and is not likely to get worked out as you can clearly see from my experience in this thread...nothing I do seems to be helpful and the only place I get any relief is getting away from it...there is no solution and they are just as baffled as we are...they are just having a harder time admitting it!

Good luck maybe you will have more success than I have had!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As I mentioned in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This happened to me after applying an upgrade to Firefox.

I downloaded Google Chrome and it works. I only use it to get to my pictures, uploads work fine.

I still use Firefox for everything else.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
As I mentioned in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This happened to me after applying an upgrade to Firefox.

I downloaded Google Chrome and it works. I only use it to get to my pictures, uploads work fine.

I still use Firefox for everything else.

Ya...a couple of alternatives to access your photos have been offered and seem to work...I mean I can get to mine to if I don't mind switching back and forth between google chrome and IE every time I want to add a photo to a thread...but the problem still has yet to be rectified.

Most people would find switching back and forth a bit of an inconvenience to say the least...and working out the problem as it presents itself seems much more logical...in my opinion anyway. For those that don't mind switching browsers every time they need to access their photos...I am sure they will find your solution helpful...for those that don't (like me)...I would rather they get to work solving the problem...or not and just tell us all that we are screwed and need to live with it as it is!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

There is definitely a glitch in the system.

Google Chrome/Firefox is just my temporary solution until they find what the problem is. More and more members are experiencing it.

Thanks for bringing the point up as I forgot to mention it in my reply.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Seems I spoke too soon and the problem has not been fixed after-all. I am again being auto-logged off when trying to access media.abovetopsecret.com folders, but not when trying to upload media/pictures and this time I was using Windows/IE ... so I officially give up. Whatever the glitch is, it's ongoing yet inconsistent...

edit on 29-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Don't give up...the problem seems to be getting addressed finally with the SO and he might yet surprise us with an answer to the problem...it just seems it is an all out effort to tackle it without many of us adding information and experience's with the glitch.

I have a feeling a solution is in the works...it's just taking some time...or maybe I am too optimistic!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
For the record, still not working-for me anyway.

This sucks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by LadySkadi

Don't give up...the problem seems to be getting addressed finally with the SO and he might yet surprise us with an answer to the problem...it just seems it is an all out effort to tackle it without many of us adding information and experience's with the glitch.

I have a feeling a solution is in the works...it's just taking some time...or maybe I am too optimistic!

I hope so. I am loathe to try any other interface than IE. I tried FireFox once, but then I had no bookmarks (which is an extensive library). **sigh**

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

I hope so. I am loathe to try any other interface than IE. I tried FireFox once, but then I had no bookmarks (which is an extensive library). **sigh**

I am with you on that...I have bookmarks galore too...but in my case nothing has provided any relief from this problem...aside from the temporary fixes that have been offered a "for now" solution.

Since the birth of this thread I have seen some pretty neat changes to the system here at ATS...the un-flag option that has been added is pretty awesome...so with that being said...obviously someone has some skill when it comes to programming and design...you think this would be a rather simple fix.

Apparently it is not an easy fix...but then again it is a tough one to address when you are not looking for a problem anymore...right ATS?

Anyway my advice would just be to hang in there...many members are having trouble...they will address it again and hopefully take a serious look at the problem...possibly even find a solution that fits for all the members...ATS prides itself in being a step above the rest...lets hope they are!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I still can't reproduce the problem, no matter what I do on this end. There may be some specific browser/security issues that I just can't replicate.

I've made another alteration to the cookie handling method in the Media Center settings. Log out of the media center, and then log back in. Let me know if this helps.
edit on 1-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi SO,

I just tried. Nope. Same problem.

But thanks for trying different solutions, I appreciate you put the time to try and fix it !

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes same here...no luck...went through all the usual motions of logging out, clearing cookies, etc..still no luck.

Also mentionable and may help...I U2U'ed my password and log-in to a few friends that are members here and had them try a shot at my account....many different PC's and many different browsers...they all reported back that my account was rendered useless.

I hope this has not violated any terms or agreements...I am aware it is not the smartest thing to trust someone with that information...but in light of the problem and in an effort to find a solution...the risk was worth the gain in this case.

Anyway just thought I would add that and I hope it helps...thanks for your continued help in solving this mystery.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Okay... I next need to confirm some data from whomever is having issues, you can send it to me via private message.

I need the content of these cookies, after you try logging out of the media center, then logging back in, and still have the issue:

ATS: "xmbuser" and "xmbpw"
domain: abovetopsecret.com

Media Center: "username" and "password"
domain: media.abovetopsecret.com

(the password value is an encrypted hash, so don't worry, I won't be able to know what it is)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Yeah but... when I tried your username and password, I had no issue. Odd.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Incoming U2U.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I believe I may have found the cure.

I upgraded FireFox, and was finally able to reproduce the symptoms described in this thread. I tracked it down to some oddball browser cache problem, but only on the default pictures page. Still not sure why.

I programmed in an explicit "no cache" directive into that page, which should fix it (it did for me).

IMPORTANT
If you're having this issue... do the following.

Log out of the media portal.

Clear your browser cache.

Log back in.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well done SO.

All is working as it should on my media account.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just uploaded a picture to add to a new thread I made. I am using IE latest version and had no problems. Hope yall get it figured out!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Works for me !!

Thank you SO !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join