It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX VIDEO: 100% proof that something is wrong. ANTARCTIC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

edit on 6/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Wow Phage, 2 stars for saying nothing
I wonder how many this post will get then?
edit on 27-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Neumayer Station, in the video, is about 70.6 deg S, and 8.5 deg W - there is no sunrise and sunset yet - ie the sun does not come up over het horizon, but there is a lot of twilight - using www.earthtools.com the civil twilight is from 11.03 am to 15.06pm.

Civil twilight is the period where the sun is betwen 0 and 6 degrees below the horizon at each end of the day, and provides considerable light even though it has not risen. There is also some light provided before/after those times - but aviation authorities, for example, require aircraft flying Visual Flight Rules to be on the ground after Evenining civil twilight and before morning civil twilight because there is insufficient light for operations unless specially approved.

that is what is shown here.

the webcam for Neymayer is at www.awi.de... and you can look at a montage of the last 24 on-the-hour-shots at that site.

So the video appears to be a hoax - deliberately false.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Have you ever seen a certain few of the Hubble Telescope photos that capture the intersection of
two galaxies colliding? Apparently it is not a rare occurence. I recently read an astronomical review/article
that stated that The Milky Way Galaxy (assumed by many to be our point of origin) and the Sagittarian
Galaxy are colliding. The Milky Way is winning and absorbing/incorporating the post menitoned galaxy
into the fold. Evidently(according to this article), our solar system is actually part of the Sagittarian galaxy.
Our solar system is located near and above(or below however you view the plane) one of the outward trailing
spiral stellar wakes of The Milky Way. This location is within the combat zone of where the intersections of these two galaxies are fusing. Furthermore, our galaxy is entering an anomolous zone (or it is encroaching
us), that has a 4000 degree temperature measurement. F.,Celcius,or centegrade, I can't recall.
If you think about it, with all the things that can go wrong at any given moment, it is a miracle that we even
have our short lived moment of awaress to make observations,discern, and type these points of view to each
other at all. Intelligent Design,God,Creators,etc.,,,,,,,, to an open mind may be worthy of note.
Make the best of your sliver in time, it goes by fast.

Here are some images of Galaxies Colliding courtesy of Google Images

www.google.com... q=Hubble+telescope+picture+of+two+galaxies+colliding&aq=f&aqi=&aql=undefined&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=2125l32750l0l50l50l0l38l13l0l250l1935l2.6.4l12

Here is an article about the Sagittarian and Milky Way galactic intersection. Not the exact article I read, but it
is a lead and you will get the point.

www.dailygalaxy.com...
edit on 27-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add In Pertaining Link

edit on 27-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo....whoops

edit on 27-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Another typo! Sorry I'm all thumbs tonight

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This has been mentioned before in another thread but if the sun isn't where it's supposed to be, a lot of people would have noticed.

Particularly those who visited Stonehenge during the Summer Solstice a week or so ago.

As we know it is several thousand year old and aligns with the Winter Solstice and the Summer Solstice.

If something was off, the alignment would be off at Stonehenge.

edit on 27/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Stonehenge was all cloudy and they didnt see the sun until 3 hours after sunrise...would this be the reason they couldn't tell?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I went to that link, and came across this 24-hour photo montage.
What are the lights in the sky from frames 30ish - 40, and what are the bright lights?
Purely curious.

Second Neumayer 24 Hour Movie
www.awi.de...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am pretty sure everyone can relax, as I can find nothing "proving" that this is abnormal. First, an earthquake cannot really change the Earth's axis, since it is a force from within. There would have to be a gravitational force from space to do that, although slight movements can be caused by earthquakes, they are so minuscule as to be irrelevant to this discussion. They would not affect the planet to a degree sufficient enough to cause what is claimed in this case.

The average person, who doesn't live near the poles, will probably not understand the idiosyncrasies and goings-on in that region unless they have studied it, because it is different from most parts of the world. An acute understanding is necessary before any assumptions can be proven correct, and no youtube video will ever be considered a 100% reliable source, unless it is from a user with impeccable, and I mean literally perfect, credentials and history of providing valid evidence. I don't mean that for just this case, but any case in general. And even then, if that person is not a scientist, and a well respected one at that, science related materials can always be doubted.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

It was clear in Macedonia

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I went to that link, and came across this 24-hour photo montage.
What are the lights in the sky from frames 30ish - 40, and what are the bright lights?
Purely curious.

Second Neumayer 24 Hour Movie
www.awi.de...

dunno - I'd guess a spotlight pointed in the direction of the camer at the point in time & overloading it's auto-brightness functions, but I'm not a camera expert

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok here's a link for a sunset/sunrise schedule for Davis.

www.timeanddate.com...

and here's the time-lapse webcam for the last 3 days in Davis

www.antarctica.gov.au...

According to the schedule the sun is not supposed to be there but the webcam disagrees...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I believe those would be stars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It was clear in Macedonia

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Yes, It was a clear day here to at times...whats your point? Other than the the illusion your pictures gives of it appearing between some rocks..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That's why the link is there.

Macedonians greet the dawn on summer solstice 2011 at the ancient observatory of Kokino.

Here's some more help to figure out what it all means.

Kokino consists of two parts. It includes special stone markers used to track the movement of the Sun and Moon on the eastern horizon. The observatory used the method of stationary observation, marking positions of the Sun at the winter and summer solstice, as well as the equinox.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sun is right where it is supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Ok here's a link for a sunset/sunrise schedule for Davis.

www.timeanddate.com...

and here's the time-lapse webcam for the last 3 days in Davis

www.antarctica.gov.au...

According to the schedule the sun is not supposed to be there but the webcam disagrees...

As I said above for Neumayer there's plenty of light during civil twilight without the sun actually having to rise.

At 68 degrees south it is only 1.5 deg below the Antarctic circle - twilight is from about 5.20 am to 10.14 pm! (I got within 1/2 degree....)

See www.earthtools.org... - move het cursor around to the spot and hit the "sunrise/sunset" link on the left
edit on 27-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Select "twilight/rise/set(Sun)" for the columns to display. Note "Civil Twilight".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

During civil twilight, the sky is still illuminated, and with clear weather it is brightest in the direction of the Sun. The Moon and the brightest stars and planets may be visible. It is usually bright enough for outdoor activities without additional lighting.

www.timeanddate.com...

edit on 6/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What about the Mawson webcam?
You can actually see the sun in the video.
Is that still considered "civil twilight" even though the sun breaks the horizon?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Also - unless I'm missing something the times don't match up with the "civil twilight" chart.

On the webcam daylight appears to begin around 3-4am and go through 8-9am...the civil twilight chart says around 11:20am - 4:20 pm (roughly) for the 25th, 26th, and 27th - so not even close

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

edit on 27-6-2011 by coldkidc because: Duplicate post

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I agree with the last poster.

This was moved to HOAX pretty quick.

That second video wasn't a hoax though, that was a news show.

Guess I'll make a new thread with just that video.

Never had a thread moved here before, especially for only half of my OP. lol

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

You're on to something.

Stick with it and start your own thread once you have enough proof.

This isn't a hoax and we know it.

That video might have been, but there's more proof than that one video.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

You should put the Mawson webcam on there - pretty obvious you can see the sun...of course I don't really understand where the line is on the whole "civil twilight" thing...but I thought a sunrise was a sunrise was a sunrise was a sunrise...etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join