It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

** Attention** !! For all of you who never use ATS CHAT....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Get your 200 posts ASAP !

Deep discussions or complete and utter madness... It's all there... Topic changes every minute or twice a day...
Please come and enlighten us with what you have to say... Its interesting and its fun, and we want you to pay a visit.

Come and join us in chat and experience what it's like... You won't regret it, but Maybe I will.

~Sinter

Link: ATS chat

edit on 6/27/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: to add link

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yessss....join us...we don't bite...hard...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sssshhhhhht ... dont invite trolls in this treasury of conspiracies

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ATS has chat????

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
last few times I've logged into chat..all I got was a big grey screen??

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Why not just discuss the topics on the board? Thats a serious question, btw, I dont do chat and never have. I think I looked once and it was chit chat, and that was enough for me.

But what is the difference? If the topics are so deep, why arent they threads?

link   
Well I'm usually in my iPad, and the damn chat doesn't work on an iPad, or else I would be there more...

I try and go on every now and then on my computer though.

I'd visit but ATS hates iPads.

Pred...

link   
just tried again..same thing..any suggestions?

I've also heard of other members complaining about this..?

I'm on a desktop model
edit on 27-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Refresh it a few times.. It usually works after that. (using firefox I assume?)

Anyway, nice thread Sinter. Flagged. Hopefully chat becomes a bit more active now..

EDIT: Gabby, try a different browser if needs be. I always had issues with Firefox but I'm using chrome now and I've not had any issues getting in.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

yes ..am using firefox...thanks RisingAgainst..will try the refresh button.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'm finding it hard to get my 200 posts!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Cause in chat you kind of get to know each other a little. It's just a little more personal IMO. You don't have to discuss stuff there , but when you want to feel free

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

when I press chat..the screen that pops up..big grey one...has no refresh button?

any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

OOPS ...lol..just read your suggestion to try a different browser.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I've been missing you what happened ?

link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Press F5.

And you made it in before btw, lol. But you logged out less than a second later. If you see a gray screen, give it some time. It might just be loading slowly.

link   
I've dropped into chat late at night once, only to see a few comments that surely wouldn't float in the forum...

I'll give it another try, would love to take a topic from an active thread and discuss it on a real time basis...see everyone there, but probably not till late tonight when I get home from work.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

okily dokily

actually I was using a different browser when I got in before...and I didn't stay long..because...because....umm..I'm shy

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hmm i only post when i feel the need to, i read many threads without posting... so 200 may take a while ;p

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

On the off day that I do decide to join chat...there seems to be a discussion going on and I am bailing in mid-stream, so instead of being rude (or what seems like would be rude) I opt to just stay out of the on going discussion.

It also seems like it would be somewhat rude for me to start a conversation in the middle of a conversation...so that is awkward too...for instance: Suppose I join chat and the majority is discussing an alien bomb planted in the White House...would it be rude of me to say..."Hey does anyone in here know how to combine a 5% solution and a 10% solution to come up with .8 liters of a 6.25% solution?"...see what I mean...either I would be ignored...or not given any credence anyway.

So how to avoid being rude...and how should one go about joining a conversation without jumping in the middle and really not knowing what is being discussed?

This has been my experience anyway...other than when ATS live is on...I never use chat just for these reasons.
edit on 27-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't have Internet access right now. I ATS from a public machine in an Internet Cafe kind of place that gives me free time each day. My finances got so bad that I had to axe everything that wasn't absolutely necessary in order to play catch up.

I am moving into a new house next month, if all goes according to plan. If and when I make that move, I will have a roommate and will be able to get the 'Net back.

It's been HELL Sinter... HELL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join