It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Flying Jets headed South

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I live in East TN and today we have had 4 Jets fly over our city in Hamblen County. Best I could tell they were headed south towards SC, maybe GA.

1 flew over around 10:30 am very low very loud.
Then 2 flew over at a higher altitude around 2 pm.
Then followed by 1 more low flying jet just minutes later.

This doesn't happen often here & with other related movement threads I thought I would share.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

It might be for an airshow:www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What types?..We get a lot of Warthogs out of Belle Chasse doing navigation flights....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Another non event being "reported" on.
ATS is rapidly descending into a forum for paranoid people espousing their own paranoid version of normal life today.
I think it is time to ditch this website, it is beccoming totally irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Well not that far, but people on here just bash everything anyway.
This site is about ideas, and this man is one of our lookouts, he's just making sure everything is in the norm is all, forgive him.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with posting what you see....no one makes anyone read or post....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dont understand some peoples problems sometimes. we all have ideas on just about anything but there will always be that one person whos a debby downer and has to hate somewhat on ones person or that one persons thought....how about a little niceness once in awhile and say hey...i agree nice job....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Another non event being "reported" on.
ATS is rapidly descending into a forum for paranoid people espousing their own paranoid version of normal life today.
I think it is time to ditch this website, it is beccoming totally irrelevant.

then leave, you're taking up space anyway with your crap. you're the paranoid sounding one here.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ill start the trend....person who posted before me whatever it may be...(seeing as 50 posts in 30 seconds is the norm)....good job my friend...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by templetonrat
ill start the trend....person who posted before me whatever it may be...(seeing as 50 posts in 30 seconds is the norm)....good job my friend...

you a 5 dollar bill that i'm going to make change with?
edit on 25-6-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Weirdly enough this massive military cargo looking plane came down to probably 150 feet and then took a hard veer over Lake Ontario today around 3

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Probably an exercise or training based out your closest airbase, be it Air Force, Army Aviation, Navy Aviation, or Air Guard. I wouldn't worry about it.

While that is the case, I do think OPs like this could serve a good purpose. What if another member reported on something happening on the ground from the direction the jets were headed? What if tomorrow we here about something that happened that involved military planes in TN or the area. This post would then have some significance.

So I defend the post, but like I said, it's probably just a training exercise. National Guard Annual Training is going on all over the country right now. Something to keep in mind if you see some "unusual" military activity going on around you. It's usually in early summer for most units.
Peace.
edit on 25-6-2011 by louieprima because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm kinda on the edge of middle and east Tn....and I've been hearing planes/helicopters going through really low almost every night for about 2 weeks now...usually between 1 and 3:30am. I'm a night-owl so I'm always up at this time...and the increase in air traffic is a bit abnormal, but I'm not really worried about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

you a 5 dollar bill that i'm going to make change with?
edit on 25-6-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

a 5$ bill.....good reference.....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Saya13

Coincidentally (or not?) 2 weeks is the duration of most National Guard ATs.
Do you have an Air Guard base within a few hundred miles? If so, that is a good probability. Probably just some citizen soldiers trying to get through the 2 weeks and back to their normal jobs.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
honestly I get paranoid when there aren't enough planes flying over

Dobbins AFB

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok enough of the sniping on here,

Keep to the topic at hand please and if you having nothing to add then move along to another thread,

Thank you,
Asala

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There is a big MarCorps exercise this week. See www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Not seen any more planes this evening, & I couldn't identify them. One was tilted on it's side as it flew by though, as if it was tipping it's wing.. probably nothing but I just wanted to make people aware of unusual activity & as far as I know there isn't any air bases near Eastern TN, like I said, this isn't a regular occurrence or I wouldn't have said anything at all, but probably will amount to nothing.

Unless the pilots are just having a bit of fun, what would be the purpose of flying so low that it scares the # out of people?

Also is it common to see planes, whether Jets or not, flying along side & very close together? I've been noticing a lot of that lately. 2 Jets, or a commercial airline followed by a smaller jet..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

There is a big MarCorps exercise this week. See www.cnn.com...

That makes sense, after judging their direction & looking at the map they seemed to all be headed towards SC.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join