It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and your 'Matrix'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is getting very annoying, when people say that we live in a matrix, this that and that. Please THOROUGHLY explain your blasphemous ideas of us living in a Matrix.
edit on 5/14/20111 by Warpthal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't say this but I can understand it. The Matrix, as defined in the movie, is a prison for your mind - and there are ample references to this from very far back. Aldous Huxley in 1957 near the end of his life envisioned a society in which people were content in their slavery to the system - that they would be chemically drugged, and entertained through sports, television, and radio to be content (not happy) with their existence. I find it hard now, after having followed ATS and other alternative media for such a long time to disagree that we are living in a prison system - though one that his its moments - and that in general people are content, at least in the United States. The prison is being added on to year by year and we all sort of sit back disturbed and watch with amazement but fail to do anything - because we're content. I don't know - my 2c.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
This is getting very annoying, when people say that we live in a matrix, this that and that. Please THOROUGHLY explain your blasphemous ideas of us living in a Matrix.
edit on 5/14/20111 by Warpthal because: (no reason given)

I ask you this question my friend, if I failed to turn up for work tomorrow and stopped paying taxes what would happen to me?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Well its God's pleasure.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Theoretically we do live in the matrix, what we see today is extensive propaganda that mentally controls our mind. You plug out of the matrix once you detach from the world and truly see what reality is. Some of the ways to do this? Do not become materialistic, for this world is only finite and limited to space and time. Then you will truly see the reality. Everything we see is sensory perception based on the five senses and translated as data within our brain. If you block that, then you will see what's going on!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

You should go read Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, from the first chapter of Bill Cooper's Behold a Pale Horse. You can read it on this page.

Here's a intro:

Descriptive Introduction of the Silent Weapon

Everything that is expected from an ordinary weapon is expected from a silent weapon by its creators, but only in its own manner of functioning.

It shoots situations, instead of bullets; propelled by data processing, instead of chemical reaction (explosion); originating from bits of data, instead of grains of gunpowder; from a computer, instead of a gun; operated by a computer programmer, instead of a marksman; under the orders of a banking magnate, instead of a military general.

It makes no obvious explosive noises, causes no obvious physical or mental injuries, and does not obviously interfere with anyone's daily social life.

Yet it makes an unmistakable "noise," causes unmistakable physical and mental damage, and unmistakably interferes with the daily social life, i.e., unmistakable to a trained observer, one who knows what to look for.

The public cannot comprehend this weapon, and therefore cannot believe that they are being attacked and subdued by a weapon.

The public might instinctively feel that something is wrong, but that is because of the technical nature of the silent weapon, they cannot express their feeling in a rational way, or handle the problem with intelligence. Therefore, they do not know how to cry for help, and do not know how to associate with others to defend themselves against it.

When a silent weapon is applied gradually, the public adjusts/adapts to its presence and learns to tolerate its encroachment on their lives until the pressure (psychological via economic) becomes too great and they crack up.

Therefore, the silent weapon is a type of biological warfare. It attacks the vitality, options, and mobility of the individuals of a society by knowing, understanding, manipulating, and attacking their sources of natural and social energy, and their physical, mental, and emotional strengths and weaknesses.

I had just started reading Behold a Pale Horse just before I went to see the Matrix in theatres back in '99. It made me very uncomfortable to see such an interpretation of silent weapons so shortly after reading about them - the film seems pretty clearly to me to be based on a related concept, illustrating how the world we usually see before us is not what's actually going on, it's just a trap, or as Morpheus said "a prison for your mind" that keeps you unawares and limited while 'they' derive benefit from us.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

Blasphemous?
So someone wants to live in a matrix and they are blasphemurs, yet you want to live in "a" gods world which you wholey believe in.

Do you see your problem?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Hm, seem to try to pull up out of topic ideas. The quote I had is a metaphor nonetheless. The idea of a Matrix would have never been so common if the Matrix movie failed to release. Generally many people do have blasphemous statements about 'our Matrix'.

top topics

join