It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality: The most hypocritical argument around.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The hypocritical tones on this site and others really is amazing.

www.liveleak.com...=2

As you can see in the riot, the riot police were not threatening the trouble-makers, just trying to press them back to the control the trouble. They used no guns, just shields against the hoards of students. I don't think that warrants the officers being beaten and getting rocks thrown on their heads while un-conscious. Of-course this goes un-recognized, instead we get story's of "citizens"(usually trouble makers who cause trouble then resist arrest") being "beaten" or "abused"(restraining the suspects, just using more force.) We then get the same old comments "Polices scum, always picking on people" or " We live in a plice state". It's amazing, because police should honestly use more force as clearly they are not protected enough. What people forget is that they signed up to face danger, risk their life and sacrifice many hours just to protect us from criminals. Not every cop is a corrupt idiot, yes some are, but the not the amount that it's often portrayed to be.

www.liveleak.com...

Another video, a officer trys to keep back a rioting football crowd, clearly trying to defend himself. He gets beaten by hundereds and does the officer get any sympathy? No. However if a man gets slightly pushed to the ground by an officer then theres hell to pay, with people claiming rights are being viloated and that police are taking over. It's laughable

That's your average officer, nice, polite and has a sense of humor. Not the monster that is portrayed by the ATS and other sites.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I say just have multiple video recordings to justify your actions . Then take any force needed to deal with the siutation .

Remember its only police brutality when there is no video evidence . But when there is ... its punk kids who needed to be taught a lesson

to all the police officer and the general public. Have your video cameras recording before you get your teeth bashed in . Then we can decide weather there is just cause to sue or stfu

simple. just hit record.

The video speaks for it self. The more angels the better!

edit on 23-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There are always exceptions to the rules. I worked for the STLPD for a long time booking prisoners, I've met 1000's of police officers from all the local municipalities. The majority are power hungry and egotistical maniacs. I've seen sooooo many prisoners with nothing but bench warrants being treated like animals and beaten by police officers. I've seen $1000's of dollars and property go missing during the booking process.

DO NOT trust police officers, the vast majority do not protect nor serve.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You may have sympathy for the police, but those who have really EXPERIENCED the arrogant, disrespectful, and brutal actions of an officer may disagree.

Jus' sayin'

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
There are always exceptions to the rules. I worked for the STLPD for a long time booking prisoners, I've met 1000's of police officers from all the local municipalities. The majority are power hungry and egotistical maniacs. I've seen sooooo many prisoners with nothing but bench warrants being treated like animals and beaten by police officers. I've seen $1000's of dollars and property go missing during the booking process.

really you could'vnt have put on a undercover camera recorded these "majoirty power hungry egotistical maniacs"?

seen 1000's of dollars and property go missing ? You couldn't have recorded there actions and made a federal case out of it ?

stayed quiet did we?

You had the oppurtunity to do something about it and help clean up corruption ...

so im curious what actions did you take?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Like when my head got smashed off the roof of a police car repeatedly even though I was complying? Things like that aren't unusual in my town. The police have a passionate hate for certain demographics and the youth in general. You'd be surprised mate.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Thats a bad assumption to make when you dont know anything about the person who made this comment. In many of these situations when you bring up what is going on you are punished or moved to a lower tier job, like prison guards who speak out against prisoner abuse. Its unfair to jump to a conclusion when you have no idea about the person who posted this, you make an assumption to try and discredit his input because it probably disagrees with your personal beliefs, now I bet you try and scew what im saying now to say im doing the same as im accusing you of

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
OP have you had any interaction with the police aside from walking past them in the high street? I can tell you the average officer you know of is not the same as over here. They have huge EGO's, power trips, they treat you as a problem if you understand your rights and they are not looking out for the public. Im not even going to touch on the many negative times I have had deal with them, very few are decent. Well it depends what you look like also I guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I believe that what is making the public hate police are the 1000's of videos showing Police Brutality and the countless eye witness testimonies of the same.

Not to mention the incidents when a cop goes free after being charged on brutality by the courts and justice has not been served for the public.

A few videos showing cops being beaten is just that... a few videos. People are tired of the bullies, tired of illegal and warrantless searches, tired of BS tickets and fines to fund the Govt. and tired of cops in general treating them like second rate citizens.

This is why the people are fighting back and it's only going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Thats a bad assumption to make when you dont know anything about the person who made this comment. In many of these situations when you bring up what is going on you are punished or moved to a lower tier job, like prison guards who speak out against prisoner abuse. Its unfair to jump to a conclusion when you have no idea about the person who posted this, you make an assumption to try and discredit his input because it probably disagrees with your personal beliefs, now I bet you try and scew what im saying now to say im doing the same as im accusing you of

bad assumption ? i asked him questions on what he did ....

bring up whats going on ?

did you miss the part about the undercover camera part ? or did you even bother to read my comments?

nobody was jumping to conclusions i was asking him what he did

so after that i can draw my conclusions

heance

"so im curious what actions did you take?"

please don't go off the rail again stay on course with me :up

btw

"The majority are power hungry and egotistical maniacs"

i believe the majoirty are good citizens just doing there jobs. I don't think the majoirty are bad appels only a small percentage . Thats why i wanted to know more about his claims

link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

really you could'vnt have put on a undercover camera recorded these "majoirty power hungry egotistical maniacs"?

seen 1000's of dollars and property go missing ? You couldn't have recorded there actions and made a federal case out of it ?

stayed quiet did we?

You had the oppurtunity to do something about it and help clean up corruption ...

so im curious what actions did you take?

if MOST of the police are power hungry egotistical maniacs, who exactly do you turn to for protection? the FBI? don't trust them. state police? same.
the action he/she took was to testify here on ATS. you have no idea if this person is telling the truth, you are being purely reactionary and looking for anyway to discredit the story.
weak.

p.s. "spellcheck"

link   
As a general statement, I have experienced that anyone found guilty of assaulting an officer gets in a lot more trouble than the police do for assaulting a civilian. It's too common that police walk away from their crimes with a paid leave while the other side would be put behind bars and left with a criminal record. And that is why police brutality is more of an issue than civilians beating on police.

The problem in this style of situation is that when non-violent methods (aka political methods) are not getting results or even being acknowledged, the only option remaining is violence and the only present opposition is the police. And therefore protestors take out their aggressions on those who are opposing them. Not that I agree with the behavior at all (violence cannot be the answer or else we perpetuate the concept that those with the most guns/weapons/physical strength wins), but there are not many other options for the protestors.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

I would like to ask if you were there? 1 video doesn't back up any argument you have. Not unless the video recorded all angles and all hours of the *riot*

People that were there...first hand accounts...have a much better position to tell us what they saw, felt and heard.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Funny how you conveniently ignore the large amount of videos that actually show police brutality, which are all over ATS and the interwebs, so i am not going to bother to look for them and post them all here (do your own research). Police beating people for filming, punching women, not "following" a simple stupid "order," tackling handicapped people, riot police provoking and beating peaceful gatherers and students, etc.

You pick and choose two videos out of a mountain of others quite well (sarcasm), but there are plenty of other videos that clearly show the opposite.

I know you're trying to provoke with this thread, and this is all i have to say.

Massive Fail.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

while i'm aware psychiatry is not a beloved topic for many on ATS, those that are willing and able to speak with a professional about the emotional make-up of law enforcement personnel will receive a disturbing earful.

i avoid LEOs whenever possible and always will. just as i try to avoid anyone carrying a hand gun, tazer, baton, spray, handcuffs, people who are trained & paid to seriously hurt or kill others with little or no recourse for doing so, etcetera. there are safer and saner people in mental health wards across America.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

"the action he/she took was to testify here on ATS. you have no idea if this person is telling the truth, you are being purely reactionary and looking for anyway to discredit the story.
weak.

p.s. "spellcheck" "

Testify here on ATS ? whats that worth ?

Nothing.....

Whats undercover video worth ? a hell of alot more .

Of course i have no idea if he is telling the truth or not heance my questioning him . Do you not pay attention?

discredit the story ? Im on the police side here not on the hippocrates who purly cry police brutality .

spellcheck this ,i,,

if we actually had a video camera for EVERY single event involving a citizen being arrested vs Police brutality videos....

The majoirty of the time you would side with the police. Hands down.

But we don't have that . We have mostly police bruality caught on tape...

but what about when the police are doing good keeping the streets cleaned hardly anyones around to record that

why? because thats just to boring to watch .

Most police officerse are good people. We just have a foolish public who loves to cross the line where its not needed. Sure there is police bruality once and a while but not like the way some people would have you believe painting a horrible picture of the police departments who keep the peace and streets safe for you

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I thought I saw that last video on an old episode of Benny Hill.

Not all cops are evil, some are really good natured, however the few that are bad make the rest of them look bad as well, once the public experiences these atrocities they tend to lump all police in the same catagory.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

i think you have blue coloured glasses on. "most" cops cover up for the bad cops, so that makes them all bad, imo.
p.s. you're rude. are you a cop?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Most good cops cover up for bad cops ? Can you show a little evidence of this claim?

no i am not a cop . I like to give credit where credit is due. To slam majoirty of cops as bad is ignorance in its finest.We are here to deny that ignorance are we not ?

you must have your 2d glasses on

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
First off, when I worked for the STLPD and the cell phone i had was a Motorola brick..in the days before cell phone cameras and pocket size video cameras did not exist.

Secondly, I did go to IAD (internal affairs devision) and the only thing that happened was a sham investigation that every cop that i did bookings for found out and my co-workers blacklisted me. I even got pulled over on my way home from work one day, in full uniform and got searched for allegedly running a stop sign (which i did not run). The only time i have ever been in a cop car, i was driving it. I lived in a very trendy area in South St Louis where we had several officer living in the area (then there was a residency requirement to work for the city PD). All the cops in the neighborhood started telling al the neighbors i was a 'rat'. It got so bad i moved out of the city.

I went to the academy for the STLPD and was in the 'clusterfu*' which is what they called the line to get on the street. I was not some anti-police person and wanted to become a cop myself. I had nothing but respect for police officers, that changed rapidly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join