It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Tribulation Could Start Next Spring According to Jubilee Calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's not the Mayan Calendar, but the Jewish Jubilee Calendar that this thread is focused on. The Biblical record for the Jubilee Calendar dates back to the time of Moses. A Jubilee occurs every 49 (7 times 7) years.

30 Jubilees transpired from the time of Moses to the time of Christ. (49 times 30 = 1470 years)

28-29 AD marked the beginning of Christ's ministry. It was a year of Jubilee, as confirmed by early Church father, Eusebius. It was the 30th Jubilee from when Joshua led the children of Israel into the promised land. Jesus' proclamation from Isaiah 61: "to proclaim freedom to the captives", shows that His ministry was to reclaim mankind from the clutches of Satan. This was a Jubilee proclamation.

If you do the math, 40 Jubilees later (49 times 40 = 1960) would suggest that 1988-89 was the year of the 70th Jubilee since 1960 years from 28 AD brings us to 1988 AD.

However, dendrochronologists have confirmed that the Anno Domino calender is off by 27 years. Dendrochronologists have studied tree rings from ancient Roman bridges and compare them with historic records to determine the accuracy of calendar dating. I have a link to confirm this:

[link to cast.uark.edu]

Add 27 years to 1988 AD and we find that 2015-16 AD is actually the year of the 70th Jubilee. 70 is a very significant number in Bible prophecy, if you consider Jeremiah's 70 year prophecy and Daniel's 70 sevens prophecy. I believe the 70th Jubilee coincides with the seven trumpets blowing in Revelation, in which Satan has to give up control of Planet Earth to its original Creator. As the angel proclaims at the sound of the last trump, "the kingdoms of this Earth have become the kingdoms of Christ." This is a great Jubilee proclamation.

The year before a Jubilee is always a Shmita year in Jewish law, where the land must remain fallow. Shmitas are the backbone of Jewish record keeping. Every seventh year is a Shmita. The rabbis have been keeping track for centuries. The current nation of Israel adheres to the Shmita requirements. Sure enough, 2014-15 AD is the next Shmita year according to the chief rabbis in Israel.

The Great Tribulation, according to both Daniel and Revelation, will last 42 months. So count back 42 months from the 2015-16 Jubilee and it brings us to the spring of 2012. This is the likely time for the "abomination that causes desolation" to take place. Jesus, in his Olivet Discourse, said that the "abomination" as predicted by the prophet Daniel would be the beginning of the 42 month Great Tribulation.

Jesus, in his Discourse, also described the conditions of the Earth just prior to the Great Tribulation. Among other things, there would be earthquakes happening all over the place. There would be signs in heaven that cause distress on the Earth, resulting in tsunamis and hurricanes. He called this "the roaring and tossing of the waves". There would be such an increase of stress and anxiety, that "men's heart will fail because of what is happening..." Certainly, we are seeing the beginning of these things now.

But imagine how stressful things will soon get when Elenin passes and when the major Western economies implode.

There is more to this story that substantiates 2015-16 as a year of Jubilee, but this is enough to get the thread started.

I would ask for a pin, because of the link to the dendrochronology finding. The 27 year discrepancy between the Julian Calendar and the Anno Domino calendar is very significant according to my calculations on the Jubilee cycle and warrant serious discussion.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here's my second post on the subject. This is a fascinating prophecy:

The year was 1217. Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel of Regensburg, Germany gave an amazing Jubilee prophecy just before his death. Rabbi Ben Samuel was known as a mystic and miracle worker. He was founder of the Hasidic movement and principle author of the treatise Sefer Ḥasidim which Encyclopaedia Britannica claims is "possibly the most important extant document of medieval Judaism and a major work of Jewish literature."

Rabbi Ben Samuel prophesied that the Ottoman Turks would rule over Jerusalem for eight Jubilees. He then said that during the following Jubilee cycle, Jerusalem would be a "no man's land". Then he said Jerusalem would be returned to the Jews and during this tenth Jubilee the "end times" would take place. This little-known prophecy was popularized in March 2008 in the Magazine "Israel Today."

Is there any truth to the prophecy? Let's take a look. In 1516, the Ottoman Turks under Sultan Selim replaced the Mamluks for control of Palestine after winning the Battles of Marj Dabig in Syria and Yaunis Khan in Gaza. Eight Jubilees would pass with Jerusalem under Turkish control. Those Jubilees (according to my calculations, each 49 years apart) were:

1525-26
1574-75
1623-24
1672-73
1721-22
1770-71
1819-20
1868-69

The eighth Jubilee ended in the fall of 1917. Three months later General Allenby of the British chased the Turks out of Jerusalem. Then would begin a 49 year time in which Jerusalem would be "in no man's land." Even after Israel became a nation in 1948, a strip of land called "no-man's land" divided Jerusalem.

I would suggest that the next Jubilee year, 49 years after Allenby's conquest, occurred in 1966-67. During that year, the Jews gained control over Jerusalem. This would begin the "end times" according to Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel when he prophecied before his death in 1217. This Jubilee cycle will last another 49 years, ending (according to my calculations) in 2015-16.

Perhaps this is why we see such an intensifying of events in the world. The time is near.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Jubilee is a very interesting concept. The Jubilee proclamation from the book of Leviticus: "proclaim liberty throughout the land to all the inhabitants thereof" shows up on the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.

Jubilee is about liberation. Every 50 years, in Israel, all debts were to be cancelled, all slaves set free and all land was to be returned to its original owner.

The nation of Israel did not always keep the Jubilee, and did not always follow the requirements of the Shmita, which was to let the land rest every seven years. As a result of this disobedience, the Jews lost their temple, their gold, and their independence. They became a vassal state to Babylon for 70 years.

The modern state of Israel currently follows the Shmita requirements of letting the land rest. However, the rabbis claim they are unsure of the Jubilee year. I would suggest this is a capitulation to wealthy Jewish interests who would rather not forgive the debts of their poorer Jewish brothers, nor empower them with mortgage-free landownership.

There is a lot more to this story, believe me.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The Queen of England's Diamond Jubilee is next year in 2012 also.

75 years of reigning. She is just a year or two behind the record of "longest reigning English Monarch" and is about to overtake Victoria I believe.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It probcably will not. Statistics show that every other guess had failed 100%.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It probcably will not. Statistics show that every other guess had failed 100%.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Earth quakes. Google for it and you find out it's not so bad at all.
The debt canceling I applaude and hope to wittness that happening here for a change.

Question : DO you believe this yourself to be true ?

Muzzleflash ? 75 years !? What the hell ??? She must be reptillian or something.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I'm already 'tribulating'. Have been for years. And it keeps ramping up.
Lots of us are already 'tribulating'. We don't need to wait for the calendar to change ... it's here already.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.wnd.com... >>

Ben Samuel was often called “Light of Israel.” Even bishops came to him for advice. If anyone asked him where his wisdom came from he would answer, “The prophet Elijah, who will precede the Messiah, appeared to me and revealed many things to me and emphasized that the precondition for answered prayer is that it is fueled by enthusiasm and joy for the greatness and holiness of God.”

But to recap the astonishing predictions: In AD 1217 this scholarly and pious rabbi prophesied that the Ottoman Turks would rule over the holy city of Jerusalem for eight Jubilees. Now, keep in mind, he made this prediction 300 years before the Ottoman Turks seized control of Jerusalem in 1517. If indeed 1217 and 1517 were jubilee years as Judah Ben Samuel believed, then his prophecy was exactly right, because exactly 400 years after the Turks took control of Jerusalem they were driven out of the city and the holy land in 1917 by the Allied forces under the command of General George Allenby – on Hanukkah, by the way.

But it gets more interesting still.

The rabbi also prophesied that during the ninth Jubilee Jerusalem would be a “no-man’s land.” This is exactly what happened from 1917 to 1967, due to the fact that the Holy Land was placed under British Mandate in 1917 by the League of Nations and literally “belonged” to no nation.

Even after Israel’s war of independence in 1948-49, Jerusalem was still divided by a strip of land running right through the heart of the city, with Jordan controlling the eastern part of the city and Israel controlling the western part of the city. That strip of land was considered and even called “no-man’s land” by both the Israelis and the Jordanians.

It was not until the Six Day War in 1967 when the entire West Bank of the Holy Land was conquered by the Israeli army that the whole city of Jerusalem passed back into the possession of Israel. So once again the prophecy made by the rabbi 750 years previously was fulfilled to the letter.

It certainly would be significant if both 1917 and 1967 were Jubilee years, considering the significance of what happened in Jerusalem on those years. But it gets even more interesting, because Judah Ben Samuel also prophesied that during the 10th Jubilee Jerusalem would be under the control of the Jews and the Messianic “end times” would begin. If he’s right, the 10th Jubilee began in 1967 and will be concluded in 2017.

“The Bible should be our standard for prophecy and interpretation of prophetic events,” said Joseph Farah, editor and founder of WND, upon learning of Judah Ben Samuel’s predictions in Israel Today. “But one cannot ignore what this 12th-century rabbi said and wrote. It’s well-documented. And I applaud Israel Today for bringing it to light. The implications of these predictions is staggering to say the least.”

Read more at www.wnd.com...

Just heard about this..it hits two significant years on the money..1917, 1967,

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fascinating thread, had to bump it

I wonder what the OP thinks about the blood moons in light of the rabbi's prophecies along with Jubilee years….

Okay, just downright spooky, as I was typing this my iPod shuffle started playing "One Tree Hill" U2. "I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky and the moon turns red over One Tree Hill"……

.. chills up my spine….
edit on 4/25/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch
Well I see that the OP hasn't been here in awhile….

Anyone here want to step up?

Got something to say on this subject?

What's the truth of the matter? Strange times….

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. Though I have no doubt that some tumultous events will occur, I highly doubt that anything prophesied in the bible will actually happen exactly as predicted.

Remember that guy who said the rapture was coming and all those foolish believers sold everything they had?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I do believe that we are in the End Times. There's something about all of what's happening around the world at the moment that doesn't feel right. It hasn't for awhile now. Something seems off and things are only getting worse.

I am unsure of what is going to happen next, as are a lot of people. But whatever it is, it's coming quickly to right all the wrongs and to set things back to the way they were before everything turned to chaos.

I hope that 2015-2016 brings about major changes in this world.

God Save us from the chaos that will ensure in the years to come.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hab22
This Jubilee cycle will last another 49 years, ending (according to my calculations) in 2015-16..

I just read elsewhere the prophecy of his for the 'second coming' is October 3, 2016.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
interesting thoughts. i have one more thing to throw into the pot. another thing that is supposed to happen for the end time is the rebuilding of the temple. i have of course heard talk for years that at least some are trying to undertake that, of course the outcome of them trying would be bad since the Muslims have a quasi-holy site in it's apparent place right now. yet they seem intent on doing it. they now seem to have a special sacred cow growing up in the US which is being readied for the purification of temple items and the temple. it seems they may already have most if not all of the temple items ready and waiting.
www.youtube.com... (appologies, i can't figure out how to embed it)

new topics

top topics

join