It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Accused of Using Celeb Status to Enrich Himself - Soros Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
We have a lot of threads on ATS which start out with something like:

"An unknown NASA Scientist has revealed ...... etc"

or something similar.

So I bring to ATS a story about one such scientist who has
appeared to use his clout at NASA to enrich himself. Would
that include online blogs and a membership at ATS as well ??
We do have some members here who claim to be associated
with NASA in some way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/940260fbbf84.jpg[/atsimg]
James Hansen

The NASA scientist who once claimed the Bush administration tried to "silence" his global warming claims is now accused of receiving more than $1.2 million from the very environmental organizations whose agenda he advocated.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Washington, D.C., a group claims NASA is withholding documents that show James Hansen failed to comply with ethics rules and financial disclosures regarding substantial compensation he earned outside his $180,000 taxpayer-paid position as director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

"Hansen's office appears to be somewhat of a rogue operation. It's clearly a taxpayer-funded global warming advocacy organization," said Chris Horner, a co-founder of The American Tradition Institute, which filed the lawsuit.

www.foxnews.com...

I also found this tid-bit from the article quite disturbing.

$720,000 in legal advice and media consulting services provided by The George Soros Open Society Institute. Hansen said he did not take "direct" support from Soros but accepted "pro bono legal advice."

So Hansen takes free pro bono work from George Soros in the legal dept.
Hmmmmm, more interesting by the minute.

Would a NASA Scientist such as Hansen be a perfect blogger
to infiltrate ATS to quell such threads that the Gov and NASA
wanted derailed??? Seems a prime candidate here. As they
say in the lawsuit that he accepts outside funding away from
his NASA salary.

You may have heard of Dr. Hansen before.

The director of GISS, James Hansen, was the first scientist to testify before Congress about the need to address the issue of global warming -- indeed, a small portion of one of his appearances on Capitol Hill is included in the film "An Inconvenient Truth"

thearmchaircritic.blogspot.com...

A very interesting read on James Hansen. I wonder if Hansen's
free pro bono work from Soros' Attorneys started about the same
time as his hearings on Capital Hill. There was no date listed for
when Dr. Hansen received those services.

It was just very interesting to me to see Hansen and Soros' name
revealed in the same article linked by funding sources.

edit on 6/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

edit on 6/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Did James Hansen abuse his status with NASA to advocate
for groups that funded his lifestyle ???

I guess we will soon find out.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well global warming is certainly real and most University's and scientists have independently confirmed this who have no ties to anything dealing with money however those like this man and Al Gore are using this scientific data to make predictions which are nothing more than theory's based on conjecture.

Nobody knows what effects global warming will have on climate change or what amounts of Co2 actually do harm as opposed to good. These things are not attainable very well from samples as the actualy recorded temperature data is. Temperature we can measure today and compare throughout history and it's very easily done which is why we know we are heating up quicker than is usual for this particular cycle.

The causes and effects are still not known and anyone claiming they've figured out is simply lying for personal gain. I know of many ongoing studies particularly related to weather issues that are ongoing to try to link global warming with current events.

They are in early stages though and nothing has been proving yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
what I find most interesting about this article
is that he took pro bono legal services from
Soros.

Soros does not hand out legal fees just
to anybody. Just folks who are toeing the
line on his agenda.

Does that make Hansen a puppet for Soros ???

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
what I find most interesting about this article
is that he took pro bono legal services from
Soros.

Soros does not hand out legal fees just
to anybody. Just folks who are toeing the
line on his agenda.

Does that make Hansen a puppet for Soros ???

Sounds like it for sure. Anyone tied to Soros has an agenda and I don't see this man being any different.

They are playing a game that will benefit them.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Sounds like it for sure. Anyone tied to Soros has an agenda and I don't see this man being any different.
They are playing a game that will benefit them.

I am also curious as to why this thread
seems to have died out on ATS.

I see lots of posters on ATS like Zorgon,
burntheships and weedwhacker posting
quotes from Hansen in different threads,
yet none of those have commented on this
thread.

interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
All the scientists get paid by people with agenda's

Thats the system.

Trouble starts when agenda's collide, then it will become a power-struggle.

Welcome to the world of $cience

On positive thing, they won't let facts bother them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Who found out about the Ozone layer being depleted.
That was the last big environmental problem I recall.
Why don't people analyze the atmosphere and find out why instead
of pointing out lost glaciers.
The science from the government and cartel funding has grown to conspiracy
conditions if you hadn't noticed already.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Who found out about the Ozone layer being depleted.
That was the last big environmental problem I recall.
Why don't people analyze the atmosphere and find out why instead
of pointing out lost glaciers.
The science from the government and cartel funding has grown to conspiracy
conditions if you hadn't noticed already.

I thought the purpose of HAARP was to study the Ozone and Ionosphere, but every time they fire it up they cause earthquakes. But seriously, what ever happend to that "hole in the ozone"? How come you never hear about that anymore? I thought we were all suppose to be bacon by now.

As for Soros and his agenda, You know who else toes his line? Ol' Barry. So, could ATS have been infiltrated by others inorder to spead disinfo?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i don't know where they got the figure of $1.2 million.

Its more like $3.5 million when you add the Grants, Awards, and Speaking fees he has been collecting for the last 10 years.

And that does not count free services like travel or lodging that was paid for by environmental groups or on aircraft owned or used by the same.

www.scribd.com...
www.progressiveforumhouston.org...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
All the scientists get paid by people with agenda's

Thats the system.

Same could be said for ALL the Presidential Appointee's each President puts into each Federal Agency to accomplish that President's AGENDA.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

We have a lot of threads on ATS which start out with something like:
"An unknown NASA Scientist has revealed ...... etc"
or something similar

We have at least as many or more that end with:

" ... and ---------- is bought and paid for by Exxon/BP/"big oil"/coal miners/coal burners/the fossil fuel industry ... ;" if they espouse an opinion that questiuons the "consensus."

AGW advocates for so long have turned a blind eye to the Billions of dollars pouring into and flowing out from the "man-made global warming" hysteria.

Hansen started it all with his 1988 Congressional testimony that NYC would be under water by 2000; later revised to 2010; now 2020. No one in the MSM dares call him out on fudged data, unfounded assumptions and non-predictive models that serve only to keep the AGW ball rolling and the money flowing.

Too bad that this kind of revelation discounts so many arrogant AGW apologists that it is doomed to obscurity.

Good for you to post it anyway. I saw the news, and asled myself, "Why bother?"

s&f

jw

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Did James Hansen abuse his status with NASA to advocate
for groups that funded his lifestyle ???

I guess we will soon find out.

Yes. The rules about disvposure and conflicts are quite clear.

Hansen would be nowhere if not for the MSM adoration and willful indifference to his flagrant issue-advocacy on the taxpayers' dime.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Along the same lines, Pachauri has stated that conflict of interest guidelines will not be applied to the authors of the next IPCC report because it would be unfair to them.

So he is saying that they do have conflicts of interest, because otherwise the policy would have no effect, but that the IPCC doesnt really care about them and is happy to have conflicted authors.

People seem completely unable to separate science and politics these days. Hence why people like Hansen can get away with advocacy while claiming it is science, when it is nothing of the sort. And also why a "consensus" can be claimed when a) there isnt one and b) science isnt done by consensus.

I hope each and every one of these frauds is thoroughly investigated, with Mann next on the block. The latest sea level paper he has assisted with (though this time a grad student has done the dirty work and claimed to be lead author) still uses invalid proxies and data which is flipped to produce a sea level hockeystick. This isnt science, not even close.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

Pachauri defended the completely bogus Himalayan glaciers "finding"by referring to the non-gullible readers who pointed out the truth as purveyors of "voodoo science." He staunchly defends his right to pocket millions from the supporters of the positions he advocates through the IPCC and his Indian "think tank."

All this from a railroad engineer! Yet AGW advocates denigrate the credentials of the scientists who don't adhere to their doctrine, and would have us think that all the AGW endorsers are "climate scientists.

Garbage in, garbage out.

jw

top topics

join