It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essex geek 'is Sony hacker’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Essex geek 'is Sony hacker’

www.thesun.co.uk

A NERDY teenager was arrested yesterday on suspicion of masterminding a global computer hacking operation from his bedroom.

He is thought to be a leader of LulzSec, a group claiming responsibility for hacking into Britain's Serious Organised Crime Agency and the US Senate.

Geeky Cleary is also suspected of being the brains behind hacking raids on computer game giants Sony and Nintendo - and America's CIA secret service.

He allegedly did it all behind the closed curtains of his bedroom at his mum's extended bungalow. And a computer expert said last night: "It's the true nature of
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/22/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If you read this entire article it also mentions messages sent by supposed other members of the group who claims he isnt even a member. and that the law enforcement "clowns" have taken down the wrong poor b*stard. the entire article is very interesting

I think this is the beginning of the governments attempts to frighten the public turn everyone against these groups like anon and lulzsec and eventually implement internet restrictions.

Honestly i think these groups are on our side...using the net to fight TPTB and major corporations in a cyber war...but they'l be portrayed as terrorists and the public will call for protection.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Why wouldn't those lulzsec brats let the innocent suffer for the lulz?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
Honestly i think these groups are on our side...using the net to fight TPTB and major corporations in a cyber war...but they'l be portrayed as terrorists and the public will call for protection.

How is disabling Sony Playstation Network (PSN) for almost a month, stealing personal info, and make tons of regular people really upset, because they could not play online, is fighting the system ?! They want to fight corporations ? Get a real "dirt" on the CEO and all the executive of the target company and post it online. Depriving kids, from playing online and stealing there parents credit card info - is hardly noble cause. imho
edit on 22-6-2011 by Stingray77 because: I don't know why text is so small

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Most of the hacker organizations are doing what they do for political reasons. They are fed up and finally take the plunge and do something about it. The police and other law enforcement around the world are always being caught 'infiltrating' these groups and usually end up perpetuation the criminality of them to demonize and disintegrate them.

Consider this another example, the group doesn't even acknowledge he is a member. In fact, they adamantley deny he is part of their organization. What better way to demonize them than to portray this hacker doing real damage for 'kicks'.

Would you like your propaganada with a teaspoon of sugar?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

How is disabling Sony Playstation Network (PSN) for almost a month, stealing personal info, and make tons of regular people really upset, because they could not play online, is fighting the system ?! They want to fight corporations ? Get a real "dirt" on the CEO and all the executive of the target company and post it online. Depriving kids, from playing online and stealing there parents credit card info - is hardly noble cause. imho.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Stingray77 because: (no reason given)

the government have made it so people rely on things such as TV...online gaming, celebrity news etc etc...theres tonnes of conspiracies about companies like microsoft...who give you phones, computers, software and games consoles...if the conspiracies are true...and you get rid of microsoft...you get rid of that stuff and in essence upset people by "depriving kids from playing online".

theres nothing that says they actually used any of the details they stole...and so PS network went down...kids couldnt play CoD...consider that the casualties of cyber war...its better than a real one

they are braver than me, even if i could do that sorta thing I wouldnt have the guts to do it...even though cyber attacks on governments and corporation could help us remove corruption

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
interresting link Lulz related
edit on 22-6-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77
How is disabling Sony Playstation Network (PSN) for almost a month, stealing personal info, and make tons of regular people really upset, because they could not play online, is fighting the system ?!

More than you think
. Those regular people need to get angry. And it has to be induced in non-harming way (so no strap-on fireworks
). What's better than shutting down entertainment for average joe. Imagine they would manage to take down the cable and media satelites for few days
. I realize that its technically nearly impossible, but maaaan, that would be just priceless!

I'm PSN member, and i'll tell you that i wasnt upset for a second whole month through. I never used my cc in store though, to be fully honest with you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm glad they got the little sh*t.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

Running an IRC server is criminal behaviour, I know.

But why are you mad?

It does nothing to stop anything...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

the government rely on people like you believing they are the bad guys...when they are actually fighting the true bad guys

you think they are just delinquants breaking the law...forgetting that its laws created by corrupt leaders...disguised as laws to protect us...but are really laws to protect the government from us. the internet is a weapon against the government for the moment but the government are trying to change that
edit on 22-6-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I'm guessing you are a PS3 user lololol.
He is obviously a smart kid so its kind of a shame his life has taken this route instead of working for some online security firm. I just hope he doesn't get extradited...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
haha, Silicis n Volvo has hacked this thread with his posts.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

the government rely on people like you believing they are the bad guys...when they are actually fighting the true bad guys
Uhhh, no. LulzSec are a bunch of fools that gets "lulz" from hacking anything they can. They are total morons, if they aren't just part of a government false flag operation.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Salutations Lulz Lizards, As we're aware, the government and whitehat security terrorists across the world continue to dominate and control our Internet ocean. Sitting pretty on cargo bays full of corrupt booty, they think it's acceptable to condition and enslave all vessels in sight. Our Lulz Lizard battle fleet is now declaring immediate and unremitting war on the freedom-snatching moderators of 2011. Welcome to Operation Anti-Security (#AntiSec) - we encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. We encourage you to spread the word of AntiSec far and wide, for it will be remembered. To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all affiliated battleships. Whether you're sailing with us or against us, whether you hold past grudges or a burning desire to sink our lone ship, we invite you to join the rebellion. Together we can defend ourselves so that our privacy is not overrun by profiteering gluttons. Your hat can be white, gray or black, your skin and race are not important. If you're aware of the corruption, expose it now, in the name of Anti-Security. Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments. If they try to censor our progress, we will obliterate the censor with cannonfire anointed with lizard blood. It's now or never. Come aboard, we're expecting you... History begins today.

LulzSecurity.com...

Support: www.mithral.com...
Support: www.youtube.com...
Support: wikileaks.ch...
Support: anonyops.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Oh really?
so a bunch of kids messing around causing disruption for business is ok? they have caused problems for people for a while now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Yeah i am a PS3 owner

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
They're not heroes fighting the system. They are immature geeks taking either revenge on society or doing stuff for the lulz.
edit on 22-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Let them hack the banks and redistribute the wealth again. I dare you hackers?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Does it need pointing out again, that the person thay have allegedly arrested, is the same person who allegedly published the deatails of Anon users, who in turn published his personal details. Now, Cleary, or what ever his name is, is quite possibly one of 2 things. 1 - a convinient scape goat, or 2 - a goverment/goverment agancy stooge, who did work for them. One thing is for sure. Any note of a police investigation into his "arrest" is laughable. His name is the only name they've got, and his name/details were published by Anon, a month or so ago. So for the cops to nick him now, when they've been torn a new one from every possible angle, is suspicious, to say the very least.

Don't believe the hype.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join