It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK teenager arrested in global hacking probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

UK teenager arrested in global hacking probe

Yahoo LONDON (Reuters) - British police investigating with America's FBI a series of computer hacking attacks on international companies said on Tuesday they had arrested a 19-year-old man in eastern England. London's Metropolitan Police said they had arrested the teenager in Wickford, Essex, on suspicion of computer misuse and fraud offences. "The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group," the London force said.

Hackers have carried out a series of attacks on international firms and organisations in recent weeks, including the International Monetary Fund, Lockheed Martin Corp, Citigroup Inc, Google and Michaels Stores. The loosely organised hacker group Lulz Security has claimed hacks into websites owned by Sony Corp as well as the U.S. Public Broadcasting Service and Fox.com. Fox is a unit of News Corp.

I think we are going to be seeing more arrests for hacking offences along with an ever bigger rise in internet censorship. There is a cyber war coming soon.

Yahoo

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And many more.

Sorry.

edit on 21/6/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was about to say the same thing. Hopefully other mods wake up soon to help out the other ones removing the tons of threads that keep popping up about it. I have been watching them pop on and off all night, as you can see from my post here when I first discovered about this teenagers arrest over 4 hours ago. my post

Anyhow, Lulzsec claims it had nothing to do with it.

LulzSec The Lulz Boat Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

LulzSec The Lulz Boat Just saw the pastebin of the UK census hack. That wasn't us - don't believe fake LulzSec releases unless we put out a tweet first.

LulzSec The Lulz Boat Anyone in the world can copy and paste The Lulz Boat ASCII art and general lighthearted theme. Smarten up, check the feed first. #AntiSec

LulzSec The Lulz Boat But hey, if someone out there hacked the UK government in the name of #AntiSec, well done sirs!

Source: Lulzsec Twitter
edit on 6/21/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

new topics

join