It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pass legislation to mandate drug testing for welfare recipients

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
I beg to differ with you. Drug testing... when court ordered... always includes drugs AND alcohol testing. I can assure you that if it comes to testing for drugs before receiving welfare... it will also include alcohol. That's why I mentioned cigarettes.

A positive drug test does not confirm whether the drug was purchased with welfare money, or even purchased at all.

A negative test for alcohol does not confirm that no welfare money was spent on alcohol.

Drug tests aren't going to solve the problems they're claiming it will.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I would certainly support temporary sterilization for welfare recipients, if there was a safe and cost-effective way to do it. If you cannot take care of yourself, how can you take care of your children? I understand those that believe it could be a slippery slope for other restrictions by the state, but slippery slope arguments are not enough to convince me.

While we are at it,those who are above the age of 50 should be euthanized. Lets keep the population young,and healthy !! Next,lets get rid of those with disability's. You know how much money it takes to take care of them? If they cant take care of themselves,I dont want the taxpayer burden of the "people" doing it . (Insert MEGA sarcasm in this post.)

CHILD "EUTHANASIA" PROGRAM
In the spring and summer months of 1939, a number of planners--led by Philipp Bouhler, the director of Hitler's private chancellery, and Karl Brandt, Hitler's attending physician--began to organize a secret killing operation targeting disabled children. On August 18, 1939, the Reich Ministry of the Interior circulated a decree compelling all physicians, nurses, and midwives to report newborn infants and children under the age of three who showed signs of severe mental or physical disability. Beginning in October 1939, public health authorities began to encourage parents of children with disabilities to admit their young children to one of a number of specially designated pediatric clinics throughout Germany and Austria. The clinics were in reality children's killing wards where specially recruited medical staff murdered their young charges by lethal overdoses of medication or by starvation.

LINK

Yes,sterilize and euthanize!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I beg to differ with you. Drug testing... when court ordered... always includes drugs AND alcohol testing. I can assure you that if it comes to testing for drugs before receiving welfare... it will also include alcohol. That's why I mentioned cigarettes.

A positive drug test does not confirm whether the drug was purchased with welfare money, or even purchased at all.

A negative test for alcohol does not confirm that no welfare money was spent on alcohol.

Drug tests aren't going to solve the problems they're claiming it will.

Nothing is going to solve the problem so long as the gov't makes money off of your addictions. They lose more by you quitting than if you continue because of tax revenues and jobs that support the healthcare industry. No more CIA.

edit on 21-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
"I can't find a job", yet they have no skills or education and not trying to gain any

FYI... Back when the economy was rolling, before 9/11, I was making $60,000 a year as an Art Director. I was working for a contractor who was contracted to the USMC, and the contract was up for renewal in Sept. of 2001. All looked well until the 11th of the month, and military priorities shifted and the contract was not renewed. I hunted coast to coast looking for work and finally wound up with one that paid $13 an hour. That job lasted a year and a half when the company I was working for was bought by a corporation and the work I was doing was sent out of state. I was laid off.

Since that time - Feb of 2006 - I have applied to jobs in person and on the web - to the tune of 25-50 jobs a day! I have applied to between 35,000 and 50,000 jobs. I am well trained as a graphic artist and designer, video editor, print editor, writer, web graphics creator, Flash animator, and other graphics oriented things.

Most of My issue is that employers are looking locally and many of My job applications are to companies outside the area (nothing here where I am - and any rare fluke of a job has about 50 college students, 20-somethings and 30-somethings applying. I am an old lady (54). Who would You hire? A fresh young thing or an old lady?

And I don't limit Myself, either. I apply for administrative assistant positions, and any other office jobs. Anything I can sit down at (I have a rheumatological condition that precludes standing for more than 1/2 hour at a time). I even applied to be a chicken plucker (a 20-something got that job, too).

So don't make it out as if We all are merely complaining and doing nothing. Having worked at the homeless shelter here as a volunteer, having seen and spoken with the people coming through, it became clear that most were in the boat *I* was in: laid off, WAY too much competition, lost everything They worked all Their lives for, and doing whatever They could think of to get back on track.

I don't know when YOU were on welfare, but things have changed in even just the last five years.

"I don't want to be drug-tested" because they currently use and buy drugs with tax dollars.

Or, "I don't want to be drug tested because that is an invasion of My privacy which They have no right to, and so on principle I stand firm - I will not see the deHumanization of the poor."

What is the deal with this country consistently supporting unproductivness?

"Supporting unproductivness?!?!?" What would You have Us do who cannot find a job? What would You have Us produce? The middle class has been thrown into the poverty pit, and You think this country is supporting "unproductiveness!"

No one had jobs, yet they all had hair extensions, manicures, pedicures, cars, and their kids were wearing the latest Michael Jordan's and Nike gear.

Because They were spending Their money on drugs? Or could it be They had income - it was just off the books, as it were? Most of the People on welfare and other assistance are trying desperately to get OFF!

One invited me over to hang out, so I went. I drove up to a large beautiful home, nicely furnished, spacious and separate bedrooms for each child.

'Wow", I thought. 'Girl, what kind of job do you have? I need to apply!!!"

She stated, "Job??? Girl, I don't work."

"Oh," I thought. 'Well.......how is it that you are living like this?"

"I get free food, free daycare, free gas vouchers, free utilities, and free rent."

"Free rent?? WTH"

"Yeah, its called 'Section 8'."

" What did you have to do to get ALL that?"

"Nothing. Apply."

" Damn...wonder if' I'd be eligible. After all, I just served 8 faithful productive years defending this country."

"Naw girl...you gotta have so many kids, no college, no job, and no husband."

"WTH!!!!!!!!!!! Is THAT what the Gov't rewards??"

Seriously, that's how the conversation went. So you MUST understand the hipocrisy there.....

Ahhh. So Your acquaintance defines Us all. Good show. I have news for You, though there are some who do benefit like that, MOST OF US ARE NOT IN SUCH A SITUATION. Most of Us want to get ahead but Our luck is bad. So go ahead and invade bodies, testing them and carving on them or drugging them. Yeah, THAT's cost effective.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
I think its fine if a family needs a little help via welfare BUT they should be drug tested. If they're clean no problem.

Sure. And the police should have the right to search your home at any time because you too might be using drugs. If you're clean, no problem.

It's amazing how few of you are capable of seeing beyond your envy-based moral crusade.

I am in no way envious. I'm tired of seeing drug addicts, some pregnant, others hauling around 6 kids while they trade their family FOOD debit card for more drugs. The kids suffer and slowly learn from the parent how to work the system as well. Its a vicious sad cycle. Envy-based moral crusade? Um no its called empathy for every kid out there with deatbeat, drug addicted, parents.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So which drugs would fall into the testing process?

When someone does not pass said test, what then?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nothing is going to solve the problem so long as the gov't makes money off of your addictions.

Agreed.

And the problem is not that someone on welfare might be getting high. The problem is that drugs are illegal. Prohibition is a failure.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I see your avatar shows Orwell's "1984".

It's meant to be a warning mate, not to be used as a textbook.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
YES! BRILLIANT! Let's drug test the poor people and TEST DRUGS on the rich!
tres cool amigos

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Um no its called empathy for every kid out there with deatbeat, drug addicted, parents.

Ahhhh, it's for the children.

Fine then. Hand away you and your citizen's freedom and individual rights to a corrupt government. At least you did it for the children, out of empathy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Maslo
I would certainly support temporary sterilization for welfare recipients, if there was a safe and cost-effective way to do it. If you cannot take care of yourself, how can you take care of your children? I understand those that believe it could be a slippery slope for other restrictions by the state, but slippery slope arguments are not enough to convince me.

While we are at it,those who are above the age of 50 should be euthanized. Lets keep the population young,and healthy !! Next,lets get rid of those with disability's. You know how much money it takes to take care of them? If they cant take care of themselves,I dont want the taxpayer burden of the "people" doing it . (Insert MEGA sarcasm in this post.)

CHILD "EUTHANASIA" PROGRAM
In the spring and summer months of 1939, a number of planners--led by Philipp Bouhler, the director of Hitler's private chancellery, and Karl Brandt, Hitler's attending physician--began to organize a secret killing operation targeting disabled children. On August 18, 1939, the Reich Ministry of the Interior circulated a decree compelling all physicians, nurses, and midwives to report newborn infants and children under the age of three who showed signs of severe mental or physical disability. Beginning in October 1939, public health authorities began to encourage parents of children with disabilities to admit their young children to one of a number of specially designated pediatric clinics throughout Germany and Austria. The clinics were in reality children's killing wards where specially recruited medical staff murdered their young charges by lethal overdoses of medication or by starvation.

LINK

Yes,sterilize and euthanize!!!!!

For those of us who have been paying attention... it's already being done on the sly. Took me several years to prove my case but I persevered.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My solution,but it would have to be a BIG secret.

Legalize drugs. Only the GOVERNMENT can sell the drugs. Insert sterilization medicine into the drugs the people want. Bonus for the GOVERNMENT. BONUS for the population.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Legalize drugs. Only the GOVERNMENT can sell the drugs. Insert sterilization medicine into the drugs the people want. Bonus for the GOVERNMENT. BONUS for the population.

Sounds good! I wouldn't willingly subject a child to the world as it is now.

Let all the wackos who want to have kids and a wife to pour all their hard work and affectoin upon 'em while us lazy dissatisfied people get super high and laugh at em.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
im not sure about drug testing but mean testing should be compulsory . i am married i have 2 daughters under the age of ten . i have worked every day of my adult life, my wife works aswell this means we have to pay for extra child care after school finishes , its not a huge amount but does add up. i have a mobile phone for work and keeping in touch with a SAR team i volunteer for. i also have a laptop for work and home use . we have 1 holiday a year which involves borrowing a family members static for 10 days. my wife and i both have descent careers and work hard to provide for our family. my spongeing nephew on the other hand does'nt work, he has a 3 bedroom maisonette with free rent , they were given thousands to furnish the property. hes girlfriend does'nt work, they have just had there second child ( the first is 3 and still in nappys ) Now bear in my they do fxxx all , how is it that they both have i phones and change them every year for top of the range models . how is it that they both have i mac laptops . how is it that they have just bought a huge mac home pc . how isit that they have a 50" tv in there lounge. they get free milk , discounted goods, free healthcare, a sum of money each week And yet they look down there noses at us, at our normal mobile phones at our basic laptop and smaller tv . Any doo gooders out there think this is fare and that i should pay my taxes to allow this parasite of society to laugh in my face?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Um no its called empathy for every kid out there with deatbeat, drug addicted, parents.

Ahhhh, it's for the children.

Fine then. Hand away you and your citizen's freedom and individual rights to a corrupt government. At least you did it for the children, out of empathy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Thanks for your permission. Call it what you will. I feel no shame.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slawth

Sounds good! I wouldn't willingly subject a child to the world as it is now.

Let all the wackos who want to have kids and a wife to pour all their hard work and affectoin upon 'em while us lazy dissatisfied people get super high and laugh at em.

Thats a solution and probably the only one that doesnt discriminate to the rest of the world. Want kids? Dont do drugs. Now the solution I give is one thats been around for awhile.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'd rather spend the money to drug test congress and wall street

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Not a bad idea at all....but I believe there's already something to that effect....I am not one to make a fuss of it though....
I agree with one particular notion... and that is to cut all government sanctioned welfare and give taxpayers back their bailout money! That and all the defense spending that has been ongoing now for decades. Those two parasites are the worst of them all.
Welfare receipients may only be a small part of that entitlement non-sense, but our bureaucrats are the biggest leeches of them all. They should not only be imprisoned for wasting our money and peddling to corporate interests, but perhaps it would be easier to turn them into pet food. At least that way they would have made their petty existence worth while.
edit on 21-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

edit on 21-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Personally I worry more about the fact that coc aine-hyped banksters and other financial workers are making multi-billion dollar bets with my money - and look how that has turned out so far.

I worry about this more than invading people's private lives because they receive a small welfare check every month.

Hmm....let me see.......Multi-billion dollars vs a few hundred dollars........

Doesn't take a genious to work that out.
edit on 21/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join