It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's and Earthlings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why do we assume that WE are the ET's interest in Earth?

What if a maritime creature was the ward of Earth? Like Whales? Who knows what those humongous brains are capable of communicating?

Whales have been here for a lot longer than we have, right? Wouldn't we be seen as a recent development if the ETs had a long relationship with whales?

Edit* This pure speculation should be in a different forum I'm sure. (my apologies)
edit on 20-6-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
While it made a plausible plot in the minds of Star Trek movie writers, I always thought, "If the whales were so smart, wouldn't they either know better than to go near harpoons or do something to get us to stop?"

No, I think we are the top of the ladder here, so they'd talk to us. Whether we deserve to be on the top of this ladder may be a topic they'd like to discuss with us?

edit on 20/6/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I think it's because we are inherently egotistical. Have you noticed that our gods are created to be similar to us as well? I think it is extremely difficult for us to contemplate something incredible, without putting ourselves in the center of it.
edit on 20-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
While it made a plausible plot in the minds of Star Trek movie writers, I always thought, "If the whales were so smart, wouldn't they either know better than to go near harpoons or do something to get us to stop?"

No, I think we are the top of the ladder here, so they'd talk to us. Whether we deserve to be on the top of this ladder may be a topic they'd like to discuss with us?

edit on 20/6/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

That Movie was actually my favorite of all the Star Trek movies, The Voyage Home. Even though the setting was earth based, the characters were funny in this one. Even though they were from the future, they knew little about that time period.

I agree with you about the Whale..beautiful creature. Sadly, I don't think it knows if it is in harms way.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX

I think it's because we are inherently egotistical. Have you noticed that our gods are created to be similar to us as well? I think it is extremely difficult for us to contemplate something incredible, without putting ourselves in the center of it.
edit on 20-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

Amen! to you on that!! Never heard anyone else make that statement before, ..well, not around here anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Are any of the higher animals except man killing the planet?

To any ancient star travelers that do nothing but move from star to star nursing budding planets if not life itself into being, the top priority would be the real estate. Second on the list to watch and preserve would be the creatures that crawl on the surface despite the actions of those creatures as they struggled with what should be and could be the limits of their capabilities..

We surface crawlers are in danger of killing the planet for a long, long time with nukes. I doubt that ETs would condone such a long healing process be necessary for a rebirth of life and natural conditions here.

Most of ways we could kill ourselves would be of little importance because that would be only a relatively short recess in cosmological time before things started over again. Nukes would be another situation, indanger most life on the planet for eons.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Egotistical or Logical?

If I were a god, I would probably make the superior or more intelligent creation most like me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Why do so many people assume ET's are even visiting Earth?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

Is your thinking about yourself, your species and your planet in a better place if you ignore such thoughts?
And we won't get into the evidence that more and more every day tends to show otherwise.
Let me coin a new phrase: "It ain't just science-fiction anymore...."

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

Uhhh..because maybe some have actually seen them and they are ridiculed to high heaven and are considered delusional, crazy, time for a padded room and, etc.

Know one person that has seen and is a believer now where she also thought people who believed this "crap" were crazy. The thing about her ..is the shoe is on the other foot now and she knows what it feels like to know something extraordinary but most people do not believe her.
She couldn't even convince her own family.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Why do we assume that WE are the ET's interest in Earth?

Probably because of all the supposed abductions. If they aren't interested in people, why abduct them?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

Well, you are talking about faith, not facts. Belief is confidence or faith in a statement, not knowledge. And there are proven conditions under which the human mind is very capable of rendering for a poor soul an experience so real as to not be able to differentiate it from an individuals reality (whatever that is).

And I'm not using the crazy label or classifying anyone as delusional per se. I think it is entirely possible for people to see "aliens", "goblins" or "ghosts" but until someone snatches up some physical evidence that doesn't depend on the unpredictability of the human mind and how poorly it perceives at times, I am not going to make that leap...

Even if I saw a so-called alien, I would do everything I could think of to first disprove I wasn't a victim of some goofy psychology before I wagered all my common sense on an actual alien encounter and even then I wouldn't go spouting off to everyone about it without some kind of evidence or proof.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

You have extremely good points there...and well said. But in her case she was with 3 other individuals and probably she said, at least 10 others or more she didn't know.

I have never seen one, so I can't verify anything personally...and even if I did, proof would be needed to back up my claim.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well i think Dolphins are pretty smart, they can talk to each other and have close family ties and are very playful. They have also been known to save humans from the seas and sharks as well. I have a soft spot for dolphins. We may be at the top of the food chain on Earth but we are not the smartest of creatures. We are destroying the planet. Hardly an intelligent thing to do. So I can understand if ET do not view us as intelligent creatures!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

This is what I was thinking. I can't believe I forgot the Star Trek movie! *face palm

If aliens are real and their system is commodity based (like ours) then I think we'd be the interesting ones. Any other reason...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

Not to diminish her experience any, but let me relate a personal experience that I think is pertinent.

Two of my buddies and I were walking a part of the Appalachian Trail and we were doing a 3 day camp over in a back country campsite. Black bear country. So much so that you have to hang your food. Walking along the trail in the daylight we saw some fairly fresh bear scat so we kinda went on alert. We walked maybe a quarter of a mile and came to a nice sized glade with a lot of undergrowth around it. Out of no where a black bear came charging out at all of us and sent us up the nearest tree we could find. Yeah, bears can climb trees too but you do what you do, ya know?

Once we exhausted our ability to climb we were able to look down at what was about to eat us and guess what? No bear. It was a very pissed momma warthog and a gaggle of piglets. Not that they aren't any less fierce but you can react to them differently. They will charge you but wont run you down like a bear can.

All three of us saw a bear where there wasn't one because of our mental state prior to our near death experience. We were ready for bear. The mind can mess with you and those around you if you are unduly influenced by either preconceived notions or fear. We still giggle about that bear miraculously turning into a warthog.

We were lucky. We had the luxury of a second chance at observing our attacker/event and our reality was corrected. Some people don't get that chance and are stuck with the bear forever.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Lost_Mind because: found a lonely "o"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Good story!! And I believe you. But the military was involved in this case, but you would never hear of it in the media. She and her friends just got there first before they did. All the other people arrived after the Military arrived and were held back by the MP's to keep them below the line of the object and its dead or unconscious occupant.
I believe her... she was a christian and totally thought ET's did not exist. We were God's only children.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster

Egotistical or Logical?

If I were a god, I would probably make the superior or more intelligent creation most like me.

Exactly my point. You bring the idea right back around to yourself with "If I were a god".

And then you back up your statement with points that you define with your opinion, like 'superior'.

I mean, if a god has to be like a living organism, (which seems small-minded), then there are many other organisms out there, some that seem to be much better at surviving than we are, and there are many more that we do not know exist yet...

And as for ET...how would anyone possibly claim to know what they are interested in. We assume it is us humans, because we assume they will be like us to some extent. All assumptions. Perhaps they can commune with electrical energy, and will be jacking into our electrical outlets...

Or, more than likely, 'they' might be something that we have never conceived of in our strict thinking patterns. (And I'm not saying those thinking patterns are wrong.. they've let us survive so far)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

I wouldn't mind hearing more about what happened so as to come to a more informed conclusion about it but you must admit that being a christian does not negate the possibility of a mispercieved event. Although christian she is still human and susceptible to bad observation.

On a side note, I have know many liars who are christian and many christian's that lie. Am NOT calling her a liar just saying that they are not infallible to the temptation to embellish. No more or less than I am. And I have embellished in the past to add weight to my statement. Learned a pretty good lesson doing that, I did.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Agreed again'....''And I will give you more of the story a little later. I am babysitting two of my grandchildren and one is a baby. definitely a little demanding will be back as soon as the kids are picked up to tell you more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join