It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't really know how people can believe in all the "Nibiru" stuff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If "Nibiru" does indeed exist and is a brown dwarf star hiding behind the sun, then we would already be feeling the gravitational effects here on Earth. There is no way something like this can go undetected, we're talking about an object larger than Jupiter at some 70 million miles away. We would know about it, because its really difficult for an object like that to go undetected.

Why do people choose to believe this? I really don't know, but it really doesn't make any sense. It's an interesting theory, and it's always good to keep an open mind. But not too open to where your brains fall out.

To be honest, this is one of the most absurd conspiracy theories I've ever heard.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The reptillians have told them it exists, and .. chemtrails!

Seriously.. people believe what they choose to believe, evidence is a mere annoyance for many of those people.. who needs facts anyway?

Shortly someone will wander in here and provide their version of evidence..
edit on 19-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

For real, they can see the gravitational effect of a gas giant on a star from 1000s of light years away, but we cant spot a brown dwarf right in our neighborhood. Its absurd, they need to be worried about super volcanoes those are your money natural disaster.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hey Dude,

Just to clarify for everyone are you saying Nibiru being a brown dwarf is unlikely or that Nibiru existing is unlikely?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Typical Nibiru evidence.

"I met a man in a bar that had a dream....."

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
'zactly..
I'mmoreworried about an economic disaster.because some super wealthy individual gets a wild hair and crashes the markets...

and if it's hiding "behind" the sun ? Guess where we''ll be in 6 months time? "behind" the sun from here also so it should fill the sky. (IMHO)Sheer bunk...
edit on 19-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by muse7

Hey Dude,

Just to clarify for everyone are you saying Nibiru being a brown dwarf is unlikely or that Nibiru existing is unlikely?

judging from the title of the thread its pretty clear that he is talking about nibiru not being real.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think the comet elenin ones are funnier

Things like "Comet Elenin will cause widespread catastrophes and earthquakes"

yeah all those things will be caused by a comet passing close to earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The evidence points directly that Niburu exist from the ancient sumerian text via zachariah sitchin. Or at least its what caused me to go hmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm almost too tired to give an f, it's melted into the reptile/chemtrail/HAARP/crazies/gubmit be hiding stuff. It just melted together. Niburu might be real but I'm too tired to see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think maybe it's more to do with wishful thinking than anything else... and let's face it, wishful thinking has a tendency to ignore inconvenient things like the laws of physics.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Whose the pitcher and whose the catcher.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The 12th Planet is 4 times larger and 23 times more dense than Earth (Z). The Biblical narration of 7 years of plagues, crop failures, increased earthquakes/ volcanic eruptions, and other phenomena that preceded the Exodus was caused by the magnetic & gravitational effects of the approaching 12th Planet on the Earth's molten iron core (which behaves exactly like a giant bar magnet running from the North to the South Pole). The growing disruptions in our present day weather patterns, increased earthquake/ volcanic activity, the gradual slowing of the Earth's rotation, reports of magnetic deviations, new manifestations of DNA mutation (deformed frogs & fish, recent births of albino buffalo calves[predicted by Hopi Prophecies], emerging viruses and bacteria, etc.), and other anomalies are being precipitated by unique and unrecognized forms of energy being released from the core of the Earth due to the approach of the 12th Planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And I agree with you.

I've even read lately that it's hiding behind Jupiter. Hiding for crying out loud !!!!

But this is where a belief becomes overwhelming. A blind belief will not reason with common sense, evidence or facts. Leprechauns, gnomes, fairies, reptilians, the Sasquatch, Nellie the monster and Winnie the Pooh...

To each his own. Open mind yes. Not to the point where your brain falls out.

Possibilities, perhaps. Certitude, no. Assumptions, many. Facts, none.

But like Jack Sparrow, it is entertaining.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If "Nibiru" does indeed exist and is a brown dwarf star hiding behind the sun, then we would already be feeling the gravitational effects here on Earth. There is no way something like this can go undetected, we're talking about an object larger than Jupiter at some 70 million miles away. We would know about it, because its really difficult for an object like that to go undetected.

Why do people choose to believe this? I really don't know, but it really doesn't make any sense. It's an interesting theory, and it's always good to keep an open mind. But not too open to where your brains fall out.

To be honest, this is one of the most absurd conspiracy theories I've ever heard.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by muse7

[snip]

But this is where a belief becomes overwhelming. A blind belief will not reason with common sense, evidence or facts. Leprechauns, gnomes, fairies, reptilians, the Sasquatch, Nellie the monster and Winnie the Pooh...

[snip]

Hey man, don't diss "The Pooh"...

"The Pooh" is for real, dammit !
I even have a picture of me hugging him to prove it !!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
1. Earthquake activity going around the pacific ring of fire in accordance with "comet elenin" alignments.

2. Leonid Elenin is so suspiciously named it's clearly a joke.
2a. Pictures and video of Leonid Elenin don't corroborate.
2b. He went on vacation, I don't expect to hear back from him.

3. NASA turned off the very telescope (WISE) that would have caught images of the (dwarf) 2 days before a clear shot would have been obtainable.
3a. Pictures of this comet suck at this point and there are few.

4. There are different cultures expecting this so boldly for so many generations that the tales remain. Consider that humans are terrible with history, we're basically a joke in record keeping for the only ones lucky enough to be able to keep them.

5. We know very little of the Universe, and you too, why are you so sure? The Universe is furious and the last thing we are safe from.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

muse7 i have to agree with you. there are many on ATS and more all over the 'net who spew opinions, feelings and hunches as if they are factual knowns. its amazing. many people take in the crap others serve up and regurgitate it with parrot-like efficiency: words are spoken but comprehension is void.

same goes for way too many things IMHO. we are all fed big bags of BS from our very youngest days until the day we are planted back in the earth. science is theory & arrogance so often that theories are regularly disproved. religions are concepts that some people allow to rule their entire short existence. mankind is proud and vain because they are stupid and insecure.

how the heck can anyone speak of things hidden in the cosmos if they have not flown in spacecraft and seen such a thing for themselves? meanwhile there are probably 20-30 books written by puffed-up simpletons that will be published and sold as the subject gains more and more interest. to be followed by a greedy Hollywood producer who casts Tom Hanks as the clueless sheep everyman who has an epiphany and 'sees the light!'. and some arsewipe will post a thread on ATS, pointing to a sci-fi movie as proof positive. --groan--

most people are idiots. sadly it seems the worse they are the more power they have over others.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I could say, I don't know how you can't believe into that stuff. With the PTP playing so many things down and hiding us from the truth with so many UFO's, area 51, etc. What a fool of you to stay ignorant only to be at ease and calm your mind down to continue your everyday life routine. Would it make me more credible ? Not necessarly, but am I wrong if I have a lack of proof ? Maybe I could but just saying there is no evidence doesn't proof the other side as true so that's my opinion on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

I thought the thread title was clear as well but then became confused when the only issue he brought up was the brown dwarf thing.

So the thread title implies the WHOLE nibiru thing is crap but the OP is only talking about the brown dwarf bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join