It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX: Is Japan Nuclear Radiation Killing Babies in Philadelphia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I and others have been following the Japan Nuclear Disaster Thread. New statistics are emerging that suggest radiation from Japan may be killing America's most vulnerable citizens - babies under one year old. This thread is an effort to keep you advised on new findings.

Why Philadelphia?

An April 10 story revealed: East Coast city’s tap water has highest radiation in US — Philadelphia only .8 pCi/L below EPA’s maximum contaminant level.
Source

Children are the most vulnerable.

Information on a rise in infant mortaility in the Northwest is here:

35% Spike in Infant Mortality in Northwest Cities Since Meltdown Might Be the Result of Fallout Fukushima ATS Thread

Efforts at Fukushima are, as of today, at a standstill. We are at a crossroads. Fukushima is way beyond the worst case scenario anyone has even fully comprehended. All current plans on how to handle the contaminated water have ceased because radiation levels they expected to accumulate in a MONTH, accumulated in JUST FIVE HOURS of operation of the latest plan. Operators at the plant are saying that within one week the tons of highly radiated water in the lower levels of this facility will overflow above ground into the plant grounds and Pacific Ocean. Minds around the world are scrambling, with inadequate analysis from the ground, on how to possibly stop these breathing Blobs of no-end-in-sight horrors.

TEPCO, the operator of the Fukushima Nuclear Plant has admitted to three melt throughs in reactors 1-3. A scenario never before contemplated. Spent fuel pools are open air and damaged/leaking. Cooling has not been restored nor will it be restored in any tradition sense. Spray and pray is in effect. How do you cool reactors that no longer hold the nuclear fuel? The fuel is a mass of uncontrollable corium that has escaped the reactor and, possibly, the entire containment and is burning through bedrock (sandstone) beneath the plant.

Fukushima is the worst disaster in the history of mankind. Solutions are currently not known. TEPCO's roadmap to recovery is a bust. All help in devising solutions is necessary now.

ATS Japan Nuclear Emergency Thread today

Another Japan reactor in crisis thread

edit on 19-6-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: coffee hasn't kicked in yet

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What happened to the concrete thet were supposed to pour?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
on a scale of 1-10 how bad is this cuz really dont hear that much about it nomore on msm in the uk

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

TEPCO has never agreed or discussed pouring concrete. The world has, they have not. Japan is still considering whether they can make money by making Fukushima a repository for long-term nuclear waste that remains radioactive for a minimum of 26,000 years. Really bad idea, as we now know Fukushima sits on a fault and the land has subsided deeper into the Pacific Ocean during the quake. Earthquakes continue to rock the area.

Assumptions are that the corium (FUBARium) that has burned through the reactors is currently sitting in water. The area beneath the reactors is flooded because of the constant spraying of water in an attempt to keep the fuel cool. The minds of the world are not even sure how you entomb fuel that is now below the plant and "breathing" on its own. We have no way to stop the chain reaction taking place inside what is essentially a burning sun - the escaped fuel core. Best guesses are that this burning core is likely contaminating groundwater, the ocean, and the air because of the constant vapor escaping from the buildings and the spent fuel pools. Currently entombment is a question mark.

There are some theoretical options in the Japan Nuclear Emergency thread on ATS proposed by Silverlok and others. Currently, the world is without solutions on how to deal with this disaster.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Who's to say these rates still aren't climbing? The reactors are still emitting radiation are they not?

And this might not necessarily be an issue with the infants, but with the mothers - if infants have died as a result of the Japan disaster... well... could it possibly be that the radiation is rendering people infertile? A scary thought

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Since we don't know how to stop it - ever. A 10.

Welcome to Fukushima.

Fukushima Unit 3 MOX fuel reactor building explosion March 13

source

photos from ATS nuclear emergency thread.
edit on 19-6-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
wished i hadnt asked now

wot about sprayin molten lead over it then it will harden off n entomb the whole site??

or send the waste material 2 the sun

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If this is true how many other places countries are being effected ? This should be headline news all over the world. Very scary stuff, hope they got it wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank your for your post. I'va actually been really worried recently as I recieved a water analysis for my local water supply. Our water had only failed for lead.. "only", lead is bad anough. They told me to get filters, horrible local government. But the testeing was done end of last year, and would not reflect the radiation.. and I'm actually really nervous about it. I have a 6 month old.

I hate that local government cants do their jobs of providing me with clean water. Its so basic. yet you'll dui checkpoints all the time, and big festivals.. you spend all this money on things that are stupid, and dont keep the water clean? worthless.. i'm at all time low,.

I'm sad of your information, but I appreciate your distribution of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I hate that local government cants do their jobs of providing me with clean water. Its so basic. yet you'll dui checkpoints all the time, and big festivals.. you spend all this money on things that are stupid, and don't keep the water clean? worthless.. i'm at all time low,.

You distract your population with visible exercises supposedly for their safety and if that doesn't work you use the roman tactic of circuses and gladiators.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMind

I suppose. I'm actually thinking of running for local government since they are worthless.. How can you not keep the water clean? and when you cant, how do you have the odacity to say ,"oh, well, buy a filter.."

buy a filter? I spend money every month for the water your provide me... buy a filter.. I already have filters first off..

My dog just died a little over a year ago, and the vet asked me if he had been eating lead. So my local government kills my dog with lead poisoning.. which, I spent 7500 during that excursion to try and save him.. now they're trying to kill my infant.. I have no faith in government on any level.. I guess I'm going to build an entire water filtration system in my house...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Spraying molten lead or anything else simply wont make any difference, if it ever would have. As someone else noted, the cores are no longer in a position to be encased without getting BELOW the plant to come from the bottom up as well as the top down. If you guess the water table is as high as it looks, just sitting there on the beach, well....I suppose that didn't take a degree to figure out. This whole thing began by an act of God and it will end with an act of Satan. I'm being slightly melodramatic with that last bit, but in learning the truth of how bad this really is, I'm not sure I'm overstating it by much.

I keep up on what is happening, because if I survive this, someone has to be around with first hand memory to explain to others and our children how it all happened. Beyond that, I learned enough in trying to build a section to a website project to literally put me out of the 'news site' business before I'd properly begun. I'm not sure when people start really dropping from this, but I've decided I won't live in the middle of it with all the misery it carries in "knowing" every last detail of how death is coming. I'll enjoy life the best I can.

Learn enough to understand the true gravity of this nightmare. Stop before you learn so much you can't enjoy life anymore. Yeah...it really IS that bad.

I do want to add one other thing tho..and this is at least good news in the short term. The real time radiation sensors at ground level and up to thousands of feel above sea level (6,000+ ft for one in Idaho) are not showing notable increases in levels and haven't from the day this began over there. People have become hyper-sensitive, looking for any hint of trouble and I believe the trouble being found right now has been there or is unrelated in cause to Fuku. The gifts ARE coming, but this is a marathon, not a sprint. The ocean currents will take time and the food chain will take longer. Additionally, TEPCO themselves say this won't be contained for another 11 months at a minimum. That is based on their own "grand plan" released quite some time ago. We have a LONG way to go on this crisis and it's still developing.

edit on 19-6-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Radioactive iodine in city water spurs enhanced testing

This article made its rounds in mid April.

The Philadelphia Water Department announced yesterday that it is enhancing its testing procedures and reviewing treatment technology after federal environmental officials found radioactive iodine in the city's drinking water. The level of Iodine-131 found at the Queen Lane treatment plant is the highest of 23 sites in 13 states where the particles have appeared following the massive radiation leaks from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan. Lower levels were found at the city's two other plants. But the Iodine-131 in Philadelphia may have no connection to Japan, officials say.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency told the Daily News yesterday that Philadelphia water samples from last August contained nearly twice as much radioactive iodine as the recent samples collected after the Fukushima disaster.

The water was already radioactive. I will post more info on Philly's radioactive water if I can find any. I am a Philadelphian and remember reports of our radioactive water being reported in the paper before the Japan disaster.

I believe Fox news is Fear-mongering as it always does. Why would rate just double in Philly if it was related to Fukushima? Why not a city in the West coast? There may be a problem with Philly's drinking water but it is not related to Fukushima nor is it killing babies as these FOX news propagandist say it is.
edit on 6/19/2011 by riv0303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce said - "The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea."

Nobody knows exactly what this meant, because it would sound like the continent would fall into the ocean... but it could also mean that they have to intentionally sink a part of the continent to try to stave off the radiation... after all, it is water that is used to filter the radiation, and after the wonderful success of the ocean filtering Corexit and oil [end sarcasm], it's starting to look like this may be their only alternative is to sink the entire part of the facility deep into the ocean... like, real deep. Who knows, it could also mean that the Japanese end up having to flee in ships or defend themselves from a nautical attack of some kind, but I find it a bit eerie that this was talked about happening during a time of major changes in the Earth and a sign of a very big change to come. Let's hope it's not.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by riv0303

interesting video. we will have to wait and see if this will be more reports like this.

you ask why philly?

i would certainly believe areas that expierenced very heavy rainfall at particular times when the radioactive material was travelling across the globe may be at much greater risk. this contamination could have blown over the west coast at high altitdue and only came down in rain at very specific areas. maybe philly was one of those areas. I am sure there are many more.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by riv0303The water was already radioactive. I will post more info on Philly's radioactive water if I can find any. I am a Philadelphian and remember reports of our radioactive water being reported in the paper before the Japan disaster.

I believe Fox news is Fear-mongering as it always does. Why would rate just double in Philly if it was related to Fukushima? Why not a city in the West coast?

Good question, and there is a very important answer you need to know about:

Watch that series of 3 videos. It's about nuclear contamination from nuclear plants & nuclear weapons. I would love to find out if that guy is still alive and what his comments are on the Fukushima situation.

In short, the contamination comes down in the rain. It has little to do with west coast / east coast. If the jet stream carrying the radioactive particles doesn't hit a storm system until your neck of the woods, then it hits one above your city, it's coming down on your city. In those videos he mentions a town in New York that got hit with huge cancer rates after an atomic test in Nevada.

What really needs to be done is an in-depth analysis of the known releases from Fukushima + jet stream data + rainfall data. Merging all of that info would tell us where most of the contamination lies right now. In my city, it rained for 2 weeks straight about a month ago. That makes me extremely nervous as to the concentration of radioactive garbage that might be around here.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Thank you so much for sharing this video. I learned a great deal about our nuclear bomb testing and the work President John F. Kennedy did to end testing into the atmosphere and especially why. I had no idea he lost a child during the time of above ground tests while fighting to end this practice around the world.

The effects of even low level radiation on infant mortality - some 380,000 children died because of excess radiation from nuclear tests alone - is horrifying to consider.. The Fukushima nuclear emergencies are endlessly detonating nuclear bombs. We are in dire times.

Dr. Ernest Sternglass explains the battles against the already massive power and control exhibited by the nuclear industry during those years to silence critics. America's nuclear reactor age began...in Pennsylvania. With background levels of radiation there and heavy rains after fukushima first went critical, this area would be a perfect storm for childhood cancers, early infant mortality and leukemia. This is so scary.

When you become a parent, you transform...from caring for yourself, to caring, concern and even fear for the safety of your child. Instinct is to protect them at all costs. The thought that this radiation, traveling around our world, is targeting them, makes the blood in my veins run cold.

I hope everyone takes a few moments to understand the findings Dr. Sternglass is sharing and follows up on the research he is citing. What we are up against, what our children are facing, is more danger than I can fathom. With...no end in site. Our children are standing on the battleground of this crisis.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
if they sunk the plant wudnt all that radiation completly wipe the sea of all life?? or would it act as a filter of sort

imo every country better prepare themselves 4 a 120 odd million japs to start coming to their shores cuz soon japan wont b habbitable

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
well just maybe the USA is killing babies, maybe the fact US nuclear reactors were originally rated for a life of 20 years then extended 40. Maybe the fact testing has become less frequent and thresholds for warnings have become higher would affect us and especially those like infants whose immune system is just developing are affected more so by this. Do you really think radiation halfway around the world would affect us this fast? If so half of Japan would be dead, not yet wait 10 years. Here's what might be causing this though news.yahoo.com... Did you really think all was well here? remember 3 mile island, there's many more waiting just wait for the weather.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
this is the link I tried sending but unsure why it didn't connect

news on US nukes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join