It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. council passes gay rights resolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

U.N. council passes gay rights resolution

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- In what the U.S. State Department is calling a "historic step," the U.N. Human Rights Council passed a resolution Friday supporting equal rights for all, regardless of sexual orientation.
The resolution, introduced by South Africa, is the first-ever U.N. resolution on the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered persons.
It passed with 23 votes in favor, 19 opposed and three abstentions amid strong criticism of South Africa by some African nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is about time that this has happened.
This is great news for the gay community and one that hopefully will help push more acceptance everywhere in the world, the US included.
It was a close vote, but in the end it passed, and that is the important thing.
Hopefully it can help make change. Maybe not immediately but eventually. That is all one can hope for. Everything takes time and this is a big step.
Definitely a huge win for human rights and stopping abuse and discrimination.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Its basic intrinsic equality. Though they are just paving the way to NWO, plus, when will they make money slavery and all people deserve to share in the abuandance of the world and resources, have homes, dental,medical and natural organic food, plus, no forcing, sharing in the progressive clean technology!!

That one, I want that one, and no NWO.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So will they also be protecting the pedophiles as well? That will be interesting to see, I doubt it. And before anyone jumps down my throat, pedophile =/= molester, or child rapist.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Perhaps they are paving the way to NWO, but I still find this to be a positive thing. It has been long overdue in my books that this needed to happen. And hopefully no one wants a NWO, with money slavery and etc.

reply to post by TKDRL

Why do you immediately jump from them protecting gays to when will they protect pedophiles?
And I highly doubt they will be protecting pedophiles anytime.
And I hope most people know what a pedophile is.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
cant you get anymore stupid

yeah equality is going to happen as long as you keep labeling people.

keep pushing the differences in people will never yeild the success of what that word truly means.

EQUAL!!!!

that means no rich no poor,no color,no creed it means people are seen as people and nothing more.

cant keep our own governments out of our bedrooms now the un has to stick its head in there.

no thanks see ya wouldnt wanna be ya.

edit on 17-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

"It sends a clear message that abuses based on sexual orientation and gender identity must end."

Pedophile is a sexual orientation. So will the witch hunt end? Hunting down molesters and kiddy rapists, and hunting down pedophiles is two different things.
edit on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:03:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, obviously that is what equal is. Thanks for that.
Something needed to be done though when everyone does not have the same rights, and people are abusing and killing those for being different through labels, when they should not be. At least something is being done. I would rather not see people being abused and killed for who they choose to have relationships with and hopefully this will help though probably very slowly stop it.

reply to post by TKDRL

Ok, I see where you got that. Though gay people do not harm others or abuse others in their sexual orientation. While that can not be said for pedophiles, molestors, etc. There is a difference there to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

you can not legislate laws to make people be better people.

that journey starts from within its not the place of the government of this country or another government or the un.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, they are worried about gay rights than the people in Africa starving or the people in Palestine being killed by the terrorist zionst/nazis or the civilians being killed by NATO in Libya. Seriously gays will be punished by god and the world has its priorities messed up and will also be punished.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

Perhaps they are paving the way to NWO, but I still find this to be a positive thing. It has been long overdue in my books that this needed to happen. And hopefully no one wants a NWO, with money slavery and etc.

reply to post by TKDRL

Why do you immediately jump from them protecting gays to when will they protect pedophiles?
And I highly doubt they will be protecting pedophiles anytime.
And I hope most people know what a pedophile is.

I agree with this in any case. Now I wait for complete dismantling of all pyramids and elite, monopolies, patents, copyright, corporate laws, as they're crimes against humanity and for equal intrinsic substantive equality, homes, eductation, medical/dental for all, and all the natuarl seeds of the earth, land resources, with counsels of citizens.

If they don't hurry up I encourage the arrests made of the Rothchilds, Windsor, Bush's, Kissingers and the list goes on.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
On the other hand, how does the UN pass a resolution to give people their unalieable rights they already possess?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is ridiculous, they are worried about gay rights than the people in Africa starving or the people in Palestine being killed by the terrorist zionst/nazis or the civilians being killed by NATO in Libya. Seriously gays will be punished by god and the world has its priorities messed up and will also be punished.

Correction ( well if god did exist ) you will be punished by (god lol). Gays, lesbians, have just as much equality and rights as you, me, her, everyone.

Religion never did anything right.
edit on 17-6-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Because in this particular case, it required a "discussion".
Bullsh^t if you ask me. I mean, they shouldn't have even had to pass a gay rights resolution, should've been mandatory from the get go, just like it is for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Seriously gays will be punished by god and the world has its priorities messed up and will also be punished.

Perhaps by your god...you presume much when you tie others to your belief pattern.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is a step in the right direction, however I am not suprised to see many here on ATS critisizing this. All people deserve the same rights no matter what their sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

Correction ( well if god did exist ) you will be punished by (god lol). Gays, lesbians, have just as much equality and rights as you, me, her, everyone.

Religion never did anything right.
edit on 17-6-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

Correction, god does exist and says that gays and lesbians are to be banned in hell forever. God does not say heterosexuals will be banned for being hetero. Sorry I had to educate you.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Correction, god does exist

Aside from you oft inane ramblings and way out there speculation on things you have absolutely no knowledge of and aside from the bible, do you have some solid concrete,tangible proof, that god does exist.

Again the bible, your feelings and or personal experiences do NOT count as concrete tangible evidence. Also please do not point to the sun,moon the stars or other celestial bodies as evidence. If you have nothing in the way of hard data for the existence of god, then your statement is ignorant and reeks of arrogance.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I bet the Muslims don't like this.

It will be funny when the two most protected groups under the umbrella of political correction go head to head.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Vikus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is true that it comes from within us, though that is not happening currently.
If more people realized this then maybe we would not have needed something like this.

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is true that there are also a lot of other important things that need to be taken care of.
Though to make a statement like what you said, that gays will be punished by God, makes me feel sad for you.
I hope you wake up to the realization that we are all one and the ways you believe will only keep us from realizing this.
Believe your Bible. It is a good story, but not much more than that.
It is time to wake up buddy.

Those arrests do need to happen, though I doubt they ever will.
I do agree with you though that we have these unalienable rights already, though other people try to stop this. So positive movement towards the realization that we are all equals is good in my opinion.

reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Exactly I believe prayer/sending positive thoughts/energy is good. Though religion in the way it is today has not done anything right and has only caused more problems, than solutions.
And yes gays have the same rights as me and anyone else on this planet. We are all one.
Yes it should have been mandatory from the get go, however it has not been.

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Beautifully said good sir.

reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Thank you. It is definitely a right step in the right direction. I am surprised and not surprised at the same time of the criticism here of this resolution. To me it is very sad to see some of the responses to it.

reply to post by Itachimaru

Beautifully said as well. Thank you.
I hope there are more people like us out there.

reply to post by Vikus

I am sure there is a good amount of people out there that will not like this. The_Proffesional included.
They need to realize though, that we are all one, and division is not the way to make our world a better place. It only worsens it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join