It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Of Dead Fish In River Des Peres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hundreds Of Dead Fish In River Des Peres

www.fox2now.com

ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR)— Hundreds of dead fish are floating in the river Des Peres in South St. Louis. The state has investigated to determine if it was caused by man or nature.

Neighbors who live around the river told News 11 they first spotted the dead fish floating in the river on Wednesday. Hundreds of dead fish stretch for more than a half mile North of Gravois. MSD owns the section of the river. They say they hired crews to spray weed killer and they double checked today and say the crews
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
On one hand they say it is being investigated as to the cause,
then turn right around and say the cause is mother nature and go on to give a detailed summary of what happened,

and I quote,

"Conservation experts say when the rising Mississippi backs up into the river Des Peres the water can stagnate, lose the oxygen and the fish die, a disturbing sight to people who live nearby"

then, out of left field comes this dandy of a quote,

"The dead fish are Asian carp which have created lots problems for fishermen and boaters".

What in the HELL that has to do with ANYTHING I don't know. I suppose we are not supposed to be worried about the hundreds of fish just going belly up 'cuz they were a pain in the ass anyway!

Your thoughts?.

www.fox2now.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I live in the area and If I get a chance tomorrow I'll swing by and snap a few pics and post them for you.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Your thoughts?.

There were a bunch of people shooting off fireworks. That blinded the fish causing them to stop breathing.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry, it's probably just another one of those naturally occurring animal die-offs.

ETA something contributive
There was something similar on the west coast awhile back. A bunch of fish in a harbor died. Scientists were able to come up with an explanation that included a loss of oxygen in the water. I don't know if it was right or wrong, but a least they are consistently giving us the same BS.
edit on 6/16/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

my thoughts?if u can call em that lol
first off there is somthing going on ,alot more animals are dying all over the globe then before
i also think u are seeing wright to the bs they are feeding evryone trying to calm evrybody down untill its to late to accept god and jc as your saviour
those are my thoughts

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
red algae?

my vote is mother nature

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, flood waters got on heavily fertilized land. I have seen this happen for myself when I was younger living off a river that fed the Mississippi. No big conspiracy here just more toxins in our rivers.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We had some dead fish here in Kentucky in the Ohio River,
they think it was because of lack of oxygen.
A river,lack of oxygen.
Really???

Tests performed on tissue samples from fish and water Thursday revealed no toxins in the Ohio River after a report of a possible chemical leak near Rubbertown late Wednesday night. The tests also showed it was likely not a chemical leak and just an algae bloom that occurred in the river, said Bud Schardein, executive director of the Metropolitan Sewer District. Several dead Asian carp were reported in the water, which Schardein said was caused by a depletion of oxygen caused by the algae. He said the fish likely suffocated

www.courier-journal.com...|head
Thats got to be alot of algae,but I drive over it twice a day,and I don't see any algae.
edit on 16-6-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
We had some dead fish here in Kentucky in the Ohio River,
they think it was because of lack of oxygen.
A river,lack of oxygen.
Really???

Tests performed on tissue samples from fish and water Thursday revealed no toxins in the Ohio River after a report of a possible chemical leak near Rubbertown late Wednesday night. The tests also showed it was likely not a chemical leak and just an algae bloom that occurred in the river, said Bud Schardein, executive director of the Metropolitan Sewer District. Several dead Asian carp were reported in the water, which Schardein said was caused by a depletion of oxygen caused by the algae. He said the fish likely suffocated

www.courier-journal.com...|head
Thats got to be alot of algae,but I drive over it twice a day,and I don't see any algae.
edit on 16-6-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Maybe it was some chemical release from here,we have been having problems with our chemical
plants here in Louisville for a while now.

new topics

top topics

join