It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA “Security Exercise” Covers 3 States, 5000 Miles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Did you think the TSA was just confined to
airport security ??? Think again

Today, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several federal, state and local agencies will participate in a scheduled exercise designed to enhance security in the Ohio-West Virginia area. TSA has partnered with local law enforcement to conduct thousands of similar operations from coast to coast. This is a scheduled operation, not related to a specific threat.

The exercise will cover approximately 5,000 square miles throughout Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia. The participating teams are composed of a variety of TSA assets including federal air marshals, canine teams, inspectors and bomb appraisal officers. They will be joined by state and local law enforcement officials to supplement existing resources, provide detection and response capabilities. The exercise will utilize multiple airborne assets, including Blackhawk helicopters and fixed wing aircraft as well as waterborne and surface teams.

"The exercise not only enhances security throughout the region; it gives TSA and our security partners the opportunity to work cooperatively," said TSA Columbus Federal Security Director Donald Barker. "This work increases our preparedness to respond in case of an emergency."

Federal partners participating with TSA in the operation include the Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Coast Guard, FBI and Federal Air Marshals.

State of Ohio participants include the Ohio National Guard, State Highway Patrol, Emergency Management Agency, Department of Natural Resources, Department of Public Safety, Department of Transportation, Office of Homeland Security, City of Columbus Fire Division bomb squad, Ohio Fusion Center, several sheriff's offices and departments of emergency management.

www.mariettatimes.com...

National Guard ???
Are you kidding me ???

Does anybody besides me consider this
as highly suspect ???

Blackhawks, Planes, National Guard, Coast Guard.
Did somebody declare war on US Soil
and not tell me ???

related links:
www.infowars.com...
www.blacklistednews.com...

I did a search and found nothing.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
thousands of similar drills from coast to coast ???

are we preparing for war in America??
on Americans ???

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yes, there has been a war declared on US soil, it's a war against the citizens, and it's as obvious and blatant as it can be. Anyone who doesn't see it or believe it, they are just plain retarded, which usually occurs after years of Fluoride and Aspartame in conjunction with TV conditioning.

Enjoy these good old days while they last, soon to come - random home inspections, indefinite detentions for hypothetical, possible future crimes, the list is endless.
Revolutions were started over much less intrusions of privacy and security, but in America especially my area, it's all about GO BRUINS!!!! No one can think or hears anything else right now.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Our government isn't too big at all..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Did you think the TSA was just confined to
airport security ??? Think again

Yeah, what people seldom realize is the TSA is in charge of security for all forms of transportation. They can molest people in the air, on the water, highways, trains/subways, etc. I'm pretty sure they are actually in control of protection for oil pipelines as well. It's kinda freaky but we really have ourselves a modern day gestapo since the establishment of the dhs and the fusion centers.

I'd remember this little training exercise and see if it happens for real in the near future like ny and london and madrid...

on a similar note I'm wondering who these non-government entities are
edit on 16-6-2011 by j35us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by j35us

The Ohio Fusion Center is named in this otherwise tristate exercise. I wonder why? That's a FEMA camp, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Interesting that you bring this up...I was just commenting today on the number of National Gaurd troops that are suddenly occupying our town.

I live in a small town in Wyoming and although we do have a small...very small, National Guard unit here, lately (over the past couple of weeks) the number of Guards has almost outweighed the population of the town...seriously.

The motels and hotels in town are doing their best to accommodate the troops, but are failing because they were given no warning that so many would show up all at once (My good friend manages one of the largest hotels in my town) and in a attempt to house them all, some of the troops are being housed at the local community facility's...like the YMCA, and the community college.

Supposedly this is just for training...like they do every summer, but the number of troops here is amazing to put it lightly. My friend has also told me that they have some higher up officials the Department of Interior staying at the hotel too...which in itself is not unusual but coupled with the number of National Guard troops here, it does make me scratch my chin a bit.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Food riots? Martial law? Revolution? Complete economic meltdown? ET invasion? Natural disaster? Some combination of the above?

Of course TSA. Somebody's gotta to grope and cavity-search us as we enter the FEMA camps; otherwise we could be carrying all sorts of contraband.

Well, been good knowing you guys. Maybe some of us will meet up in the camps and reminisce about the good ol' days....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

It's not a camp it's a data collection/distribution center. They collect information of "persons of interest" (the u.s. population) and make it available to different agencies (nsa,cia,fbi,state/local cops, and probably just about any other one that asks). And while it's still considered a conspiracy supposedly it's used to mark people for their visits to the camps (death, re-education, etc). According to the bill (hr645 i believe) the camps are actually all supposed to be located on current/decommissioned military bases, though I'm guessing a few are privately owned. (On an episode of conspiracy theories w/ ventura the "residential center" they visited in texas is owned by CCA. Not surprisingly it isn't listed on their site: www.cca.com...)

Edit: The CCA site actually seems to have been updated and now does list the residential center.
edit on 16-6-2011 by j35us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dang!!

Thx for bringing this to light Boondock!

Everybody called me crazy for saying TSA wont just stop at airports... Calling me all the common media labels, tin hat wearer, conspiracy nut, etc etc...

But look at what we have seen thus far... Airports, Vehicle checkpoints, High School prom's, and I think also big sporting events and some bus terminals... tho the last 2 im not 100% on...

S+F

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
pardon my train of thought here,
but they seem to be turning America
into Iraq. These were the same kind of Ops
they ran in Iraq with the insurgency.
Am I wrong here ???

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Don't forget ships. My sisters were frisked getting off a cruise ship docked in Florida recently by TSA. Of course the agents singled out the cutest one of them for the full frisk.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well a major concern after 9-11 was that government agencies don't work or share information together so this is being addressed. If a national emergency did happen would you rather all these agencies just do stuff on their own or do you think it might be more beneficial if they have actually worked and practiced together?

And I don't see your problem with the National Guard since if something serious does happen they are more than likely going to be the ones called upon to deal with it. Having training on situations, information sharing, and responses is a positive thing and why you choose to overlook the obvious and think this is some sort of government take-over plot is very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

the problem I have with it is the lie they told.
They said they didn't have a specific threat,
yet you don't bring 20 plus agencies together
for an exercise without having a plan ???

The plan and the who the plan is against
is what is being hid here. And that starts
ringing them conspiracy bells.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I can see where it will boost local economies, and that can't be a bad thing, surely.
2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It sounds like they are more or less just getting the rules down about who does what when this this happens and basically just insert whatever threat happens to come up. It looks like everybody who may be involved is having their roles and responsibilities more clearly defined so that when an emergency happens everyone knows what to do instead of having to figure it out after the fact.

Being prepared is a very good thing as it will cut down response times and confusion in the event of a disaster.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
that's a pretty large scale "exercise" to be going in the middle of the states...makes you wonder what they're planning or what they know that we don't

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Will I be allowed to smoke my hookah in the FEMA camps?

Which brings another thought, what about cigarette smokers? Won't they get really pissed when they're in a FEMA camp and can't smoke and revolt?

TSA is relatively new, and expansion is the nature of everything. Not surprising, but sad. I'm a believer in causation; everything happens because of an action... So rather than creating a police state to chop at the branches of the problem, why don't they chop at the root? Foreign policy of the American empire. Military bases in 130+ countries - military isn't for peace, it's for war and control. Let's bring everyone home, abandon the bases, and spend the money at home or not spend it at all. We're not the world's police, and NATO should disband or figure out a nonviolent way to exist.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I see the word "security" in the op quite a lot. I've said it before, but you might as well replace that word with "control". This is one big act of brandishing. They are showing off their assets in a ploy of intimidation. I'm sure we will see considerably more of this in times to come.

I can only think of a couple "emergencies" that would warrant a 5000 square mile area. I don't believe any of them are weather related. There is entirely too much going on for this to be a helpy helperton feel good drill.

Too bad none of us will ever be given the chance to say "Told ya so" in the forums.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I agree with you that as unprepared as our government has been for disaster, a little practice isn't gonna hurt them. I live in Ohio and this is the first I've even heard of it. Did a little search and found this:

The exercise was multi-state, multi-county, multi-federal government agencies working together and preparing. This is how we practice and prepare. Some of the targets include industrial plants, pipelines, surface or road assets, including inspections along I-77, which were done in conjunction with the Ohio State Highway Patrol,"

"We will take lessons learned and look at procedures, work with our partners and improve procedures so in the event of a real incident, we profit from these scenarios,"

link: www.newsandsentinel.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join