It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Living Laser': Human, Jellyfish Combo Creates Visible Beam Of Light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

'Living Laser': Human, Jellyfish Combo Creates Visible Beam Of Light

www.huffingtonpost.com

A pair of Harvard researchers have created laser light using a human cell and a protein found in jellyfish.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: BAN Instructions: Copy The EXACT Headline
edit on 6/15/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So, we have mixed jellyfish and human components to perhaps one day have laser shooting humans or some other such nonesense.

Recently I came across a very interesting article on how scientist have discovered the first true "immortal" creature. I present to you Turritopsis nutricula!

en.wikipedia.org...

So what if this is a first step to mixing genes, dna or what have you with these jellyfish? Im sure the science is not there yet, but perhaps this is the desired end result.

So the conspiracy theory would go somthing like this:

The elite sucessful engineer the worlds first immortal humans, or manage to make themselves immortal. Great, but the world is overpopulated and in trouble, no sense in living forever if your quality of life is in decline.

So, you bury yourself in your bunker with seed vault and food stores to last you years. False wars ensue on the surface leading up to a nuclear armageddon. Populations are decimated and eventually stabilize. Remaining humans are reduced to tribal levels.

The elite emerge. They either rule over the tribes and gods and kings, or sterilize or exterminate them.

Selective breeding or sterilization among the elite would be required in order to ensure their continued, eternal rule over the world in comfort and assure overpopulaton would never be an issue. Resources will never run out and with their modern technology, they continue to grow and prosper. Forever.

The fountain of youth! Discovered, tapped and protected for all time.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That would make a great sci fi movie!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am somewhat reminded of the game Bioshock. Very nice find, will be very interesting to see further development.
Salut!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is what i'm talking about ... a cure for cancer i think

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I agree with you...I think the elites will use this to their advantage eventually, but even if they do...there is always some way to die...now, we can take away death by natural causes, but we can never truly eliminate death...so they can and will die somehow.

For instance...say they obtain immortality by removing the natural causes aspect...and are swimming in the ocean, and a great white decides to take them...how do they survive that? Or, they are hiking a mountain, and fall down the ledge...or they are on a plane, and it plunges 30k feet into the ground...see my point? There is no way to defeat death.

With that said, partial immortality is where I see us/them heading. And if people can eliminate disease and organs giving out on us, then good for us...but, like you said, the world might be a place that we do not want to see at that point.
edit on 15-6-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: fixed an error

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Have you heard about Tokay Gecko as a Cure for AIDS?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ever hear of "Transhumanism?" It's the wave of the future. While reading these, remember when scientist developed the atomic bomb and how that changed the world forever.

Transhumanists Get A Heavy Dose of Techno-Optimism We’re on the cusp of a bio-tech / nanotech / artificial-intelligence revolution that will open up new worlds of exploration. And we should open our minds to the limitless, mind-boggling possibilities. According to physicist and writer Freeman Dyson, in this New Age of Wonder, “a new generation of artists will write genomes with the fluency that Blake and Byron wrote verses.” Take that in for just a minute: he’s saying we will be applying our creative artistry onto the fabric of what we are. Here are a few predictions of what we might see...
www.raidersnewsnetwork.com...

Editor's Blog Why We Could All Use a Heavy Dose of Techno-optimism Here are a few predictions of what we might see: • Contact lenses as computers. The lenses will have L.E.D. circuits with pattern recognition and high-speed Internet connection, the results of which will overlay the digital world on top of the real world, creating an augmented reality. Basically this means the lenses could make an invisible computer appear right in front of you. • A Cure for Death. Biogerontologist Aubrey De Grey travels the world promoting the investigation of new rejuvenation therapies to make all of us live to a 1,000 years old. He believes aging is simply a disease we haven’t cured yet that robs 100,000 people per day from their lives, loves, and vitality. He calls his research S.E.N.S.: Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence. (I explored this idea in my film The Immortalists.)
hplusmagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
SWEET! Fund these people, I might live long enough to have Superman's laser eyes

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think this is now the 4th thread on this topic

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I might point out that "over population" is a myth They use to prod Us into accepting sterilization, short rations, and other control mechanisms.

This planet has plenty for all of Us - supermarkets throw out hundreds of thousands of tons of food each month! We distribute by profit, not need, but They don't mention that. "Oh, look," They say, "People are starving! That means the planet can't support Them!" BS.

That means We are doing poorly relative to getting food where it's needed.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This video shows what the people have to deal with from government when someone honest is really concerned for the peoples health. This information needs to become known everywhere.

Cancer has touched mostly everyone in some way or another.

vimeo.com...
edit on 15-6-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I might point out that "over population" is a myth They use to prod Us into accepting sterilization, short rations, and other control mechanisms.

This planet has plenty for all of Us - supermarkets throw out hundreds of thousands of tons of food each month! We distribute by profit, not need, but They don't mention that. "Oh, look," They say, "People are starving! That means the planet can't support Them!" BS.

That may or may not be true, but reguardless im sure they would like a nice, clean slate to work with.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ALSO,If I ever develop cancer and all they are going to offer me is chemo and radiation.Those rotten pricks had better head to their #ing bunkers because when I go down I WILL take some of them down with me!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I dont know how expensive it is but I bet it is a lot cheaper and healthier than the quack chemo regime. They milk you for all of your insurance and then you die.

The video shows how the government recognizes that he has a good treatment but is out to stop him anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Honestly, you would be a nation leader, conspiring with your other nation leaders friends...

You think you would destroy the planet with nuclear armagedon ? And reemerge ? It seems unlikely, they would litteraly kill their own species, and no point living on aplanet where everything is radiated when you can get rid off the population with a simple biological weapon.

All they have to do is to release THE virus, and keep the antidote for themselves, and that would decimate the lot of us without destructing a single building. No need for bunkers, no need for seed storage.

The thing is if they do have these infrastructures in place is because they fear thast something will happen to THEM, so they get the cash out and take maximum precaution to save their hide. We don't come into play here, our survival doesn't matter to them, they have everything they need: technology, knowledge and money.

However, they are theories that talk about a dimensional leap (passage in the 5th dimension as I am sure you are aware of) that would potentially occur around anytime soon. From what I have seen, having a bunker with stocked pile ammo and provision for 10 years won't matter a single second. It will all be about an energetical frequency, and being ready to make the leap.

However, I must agree that doing so in small ways (Bug Out Bag, provisions for a while, etc) is only reasonable regarding the actual economical situation, but that it won't matter for the "big" change.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Animus974

Agreed. Your way is much more practical.

Im simply hypothesizing on possibilities to start a discussion.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

And rightly so

It is to be wondered what it is that they fear though...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Amaterasu

That may or may not be true, but reguardless im sure they would like a nice, clean slate to work with.

Well, quite true. They are looking for less than 500,000,000.

(And it is true that We have plenty here... [smile])

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Actually that I think about it, they don't have to do ANYTHING except from sitting back and watch.

The rate of fertility has dropped drastically since a 100 years, where the sperm count was around 50-80 million in average, and now 10 to 15 is the norm.
1 in 6 couples are having difficulties conceiving babies, and to be categorized infertile, they have to have tried for at least a year to no avail (depending on countries).
Two thirds of those can conceive if some change is made in their diet and lifestyle.

And not to mention the study of exclusively GMO fed rats sterile after 5 generations... We are the first.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join